“Wonderful place during off peak times. Had a blast!”

Big Splash Adventure Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in French Lick
Indiana
“Wonderful place during off peak times. Had a blast!”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I booked a night here at the spur of the moment after a less than satisfying stay at a waterpark hotel in Lafayette, Indiana the week before. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a very well thought out facility. One of the things that I really liked was the bracelets contained a microchip that worked not only to get in to the water park but also served as your room key as well. You didn't need to worry about carrying cash, credit cards or a room key. It made everything simple, you could charge purchases to your room account. The rooms were immaculate, the waterpark had so many attractions. There was something for everyone in our family. The lifeguards were attentive and professional. As a former Water Safety Instructor it makes me insane to see Lifeguards doing everything aside from guarding lives, but the people who work at this resort take their jobs seriously and took the time to ensure rules were followed and small children who couldn't swim were wearing PFD's. All in all it was a great experience and a great value, since we stayed a Thursday Night in the dead of winter the nightly rate was greatly discounted and even included a hot breakfast that was filling. The only negatives I can really report is the pizza could be improved, and the mattress was not very comfortable.
I do think that one of the reasons we enjoyed this resort so much was because it was during an off peak time and there was hardly anyone there. If it were during a peak time and people were packed in like sardines it would much less fun.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mrleo
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your response and are glad that you had a pleasant experience. Our micro chip bracelets was an investment we made to aid in the convenience of our guests. We are glad that you felt it was of added value to your stay. We also pride ourselves on having professionally trained lifeguards. We are proud that someone with your experience found our lifeguards to be very attentive and well trained.

Once again, we thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you as a future guest!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Recently my family (husband, sons, mother, sister, brother-in-law, nephews and niece) spent a weekend at Big Splash Adventure. We couldn't have asked for a better time! The water park was wonderful. I don't know who enjoyed themselves more the six kids between the ages of 1-6, grandma going down the waterslides or the parents getting some time to sit back and watch. Even though I'm sure that the water park is the main attraction at Big Splash Adventure, I must say that the quality of customer service is just as big of an attraction if not more. More often than not, the staff at hotels do not go out of their way to really improve your stay, well this most certainly was not the case when we met Michelle. Our family had the high expectations of all of us sharing the Pirate's Fortress room, well as one should have seen coming, it was to much "togetherness" for the husbands. My sister and I made a trip to the front desk to see if we could move to adjoining Double Splash rooms, and this is when we had the pleasure to deal with Michelle. She listened to our situation, laughed with us that our husbands can complain more than our kids, and came up with a solution. The service didn't stop there, as one would imagine with 6 kids in the rooms, it didn't take long before we had a mess of crumbs on the floor. The next evening, my sister and I made another trip to the front desk to ask for a vacuum and again we were greeted by Michelle with a bright smile and again she quickly took care of our request. This was our 3rd stay at Big Splash Adventure and we always have a great time. This time we met an EXCEPTIONAL person in Michelle. Thank you Michelle for making our stay such an enjoyable one!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
newsalisbury
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Our room was very nice! The food wasnt that great! The waterpark was not 86 and the water was not 84!!! IT WAS FREEZING...all the kids lips were purple and everyone was shaking, which made it disappointing!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank kaylarose
Louisville
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My sister and I took our boys to visit Big Splash over night. We had a great time. The water park was great and we had a lot of fun. The food was great the next morning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you so much for your posting. We are so pleased to hear that you and your family had a good time at our facility. We hope to see you again soon.
MC CORDSVILLE
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We spent Halloween weekend with our 12, 15, and 16 year old. We were greeted with kindness and given very clear information about the facility and room. We were offered numerous activities, and all questions were answered. The cost was amazingly low. The waterpark was a lot of fun, even for me (I'm 38) The boys really enjoyed the arcade, and the snack bar had a nice variety of snacks available. While the snack bar is not gourmet food, it is perfectly good "snack bar food" There are tons of restaurants at the bottom of the hill within 5 minutes of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty with LOTS of choices. All of the waiters and waitresses were courteous and efficient. Checkout was totally painless as well. The only downside to the trip was that the pillows are awful. If you have back or neck problems like I do, bring your own pillow. I should have.

1 Thank Josh W
Thank you so much for your response! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility. We hope to have you back again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 25, 2010

the bed spreads in our room were stained, and the carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks (little crumbs all over the place). Fixtures in the bathroom were coming off the wall. Hallways in the hotel were dirty, elevators were dirty. Went to dinner at 7 pm, and had the worst meal in my life (I didn't know you could burn a hamburg that much, it crunched like a piece of charcoal). I wouldn't be upset if I hadn't paid an average of $263/per night.

I would stay someplace else, eat someplace else, and get a day pass to the park.

3 Thank mropincar
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
We want to thank you for your response posted on Trip Advisor. We have gone through and fixed the bathroom fixtures that you discussed in your posting. I have notified our housekeeping staff of your cleanliness concerns and am assured that we will review our process and procedures to maintain cleanliness in our common areas. We have made several improvements in our Food and Beverage department and are making strides daily. Once again, we apprecaite your response and assure you that a pleasant guest experience is our utmost goal.

Travelers are raving about these French Lick hotels

Hawesville
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Patty was working in the game room and concession stand. This was are second night there and my 2 year old got tired and so I took her in the game room. I sit down and rock her to sleep. I had been sitting there for about 15 minutes Patty came over and asked if I needed something to drink or eat. I thought this was SUPER NICE. Then about 30 minutes later she came over and asked if I needed a pillow for my back or bottom. Again SUPER NICE. This was my third stay and I have enjoyed each and every time. I don't have anything negative to say about this place. Whatever you are doing keep it up.

Also consider these accommodations in or near French Lick
French Lick Springs Hotel
French Lick Springs Hotel
#2 of 5 in French Lick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,124 reviews

Been to Big Splash Adventure Resort? Share your experiences!