Comfort Suites French Lick(French Lick)(Great Value!)
$99
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$219
$186
Preferred Hotels
Best Western Plus French Lick(French Lick)(Great Value!)
$109
$92
Agoda.com
West Baden Springs Hotel(West Baden Springs)
$259
Hotwire.com
$98
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewslaser tagbunk bedswater park istoddler areabigger slidesarcade areafrench stickbreakfast buffetovernight tripmini golfroom keystaff was friendlyoatmealthe room was nicemini fridgecosmichoops
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My sister and I took my 3&6 year old grandkids, they had a blast! We had Groupon day passes.
a LOT of people, but still fun. Lost several tokens in the gameroom, very outdated. On the way home my Granddaughter being to vomit, not sure if it was the food she ate before we left or the water she played in. We pulled to the side of the road and a kind police officer stopped to assist us. She has allergies and the chemicals are strong smelling.

1  Thank Debra W
BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We are so sorry to hear that your granddaughter got sick on the way home. Our pools are automatically fed chemicals by a Chemtrol system and levels are manually checked by staff more than the Dept. of Health require. We send samples of our water to the water company weekly and those results are reported to the State Health Dept. We work closely with them to ensure our water quality meets all state guidelines. The Dept. of Health mandates we keep our pools between 1.0 and 7.0 parts per million with 2.0 being minimum sanitation. We strive to keep our chlorine levels regulated between 2.0 and 3.0 parts per million. The spa can have a maximum of 10.0 parts per million. I can assure you our water does meet this criteria. Again we thank you for your review and I do hope that your granddaughter is feeling better!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just came from another great trip to French Lick. We paid a bit more than normal since it is during spring break but it was all worth it. We went along with friends this time and when I booked our room a few weeks ago I asked them if they could be close or adjoining even tho I know they can't guarantee this. When we arrived around 1pm on 3-22-14 there were hardly any parking places so I was a bit worried as to what this stay would be like. I had my husband drop me off at the door since I was sure there would be a long line to check in. There was not! It was a very fast process and our rooms had been marked "do not move" and were right next door to each other! We were able to check in early like normal! Rooms were clean like usual. This may have been the busiest the waterpark ever was for us and the lines were long for the water slides but went pretty fast. The arcade area is still a bit busted with alot of the games broke but that is not why we visit. We had a group of 9 and when we went to get dinner and bring it back I was hoping we could go to the upper deck to eat since there isn't really room to spread out to eat in the room but they said due to a cross contamination risk we couldn't but we made due. The breakfast buffet was very good like always. It consisted of the normal, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, cold cereal, scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes & french toast sticks. I had warned our friends that it was a noisy place but even with the crowd this was the quietest visit ever! We were on the 4th floor right across from the elevators too! A BIG shout out to housekeeping who turned in out PS Vita (a hand held gaming device). We had checked out, swam for a couple hours, went to eat and play laser tag and putt putt and realized we left it. Went back up to the hotel hours later and the front desk had it that some nice, honest person had turned in. Thank you SO MUCH whoever you are. THANK YOU for your honesty! We will def be back later this year!!

Room Tip: I think the higher the floor the quieter the room!

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad that you had a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Managment

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was looking for a close but fun place to go during my daughter's spring break. We used a Groupon. Arrived at 2pm and our rooms were available right away. Our rooms was clean and quiet during the night. The pool area was not crowded there were limited lounge chair. They had regular chairs lined up around the perimeter of the pool. Complimentary breakfast was horrible..No taste and cold. Tried their dinner but had to wait about thirty minutes for food but the restaurant wasn't crowded. My daughter had fun. The arcade on our second day there had out of order signs on most of the activities plus one of the machines just gave tickets without playing.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay but not sure if I would return.

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay. We do hope that you will consider our facility again in the future and we will pass on your comments to the appropriate departments.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room via Big Splash's website. There is no special provision given for guests versus the general population that comes in for Day Passes to the waterpark. If that's the case, why fork over up to $300 a night to stay there?? You have to hope you find a place to park and expect to stand in lengthy lines just to check in. The website said you can arrive early get your waterpark wristbands and check into your room at 4pm. We didn't expect to stand in a line for up to 45 minutes to do so. There was an error with my reservation so we stayed at Wilstem Ranch. Pretty glad we did, it was more bang for my buck plus we received half off on Day Passes.

Once we got to the waterpark it was over crowded. People literally everywhere so don't expect to find somewhere to put your towel or have a seat.

Overall, it wasn't worth the hype and we won't be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank DimplesfromIndy
BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We apologize that you had issues with your reservation. We are glad to hear that we were able to resolve it for you and have you stay at our sister property. March is a very busy time of year. We do hope that you will consider visiting us in the future maybe during a less busy time of year!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We live fairly close (about 40 min) from Big Splash and went last year in January for the first time. We stayed the night with a gift card we received for Christmas. The rooms were okay(nothing special) and same with the breakfast that was offered. We went to the water park in the evening of the first night and everything went okay. We had fun and there wasn't that many people. The next day we decided to wait until evening to get in again and this time it was extremely crowded. I noticed my kids (the oldest, 9 year old has asthma) started coughing and having a hard time breathing. Then my husband and I started in. We decided it was probably because we had to much of it at this point and decided it was time to go. A year later, we decided to go back with yet again another gift card for a day trip down there. We were there for a total of 4 lousy hours. After 2 hours of swimming and playing everyone started coughing and having a hard time breathing again. We took breaks every hour or so sitting in the lobby, playing games, and eating but it still wasn't helping. Management was talked to and it was told nothing could be done. After hour 4 I decided to take my son down the water slide one last time and by time I got off of it I was in a total coughing fit like I've never had. I met up with my husband who had my four year old daughter and she was also having a very hard time breathing. We rushed outside to get some air because I thought we were both going to get sick we were coughing so hard. I talked to management who told me at full capacity they up the chemicals and to take breaks, which we had done. We left and won't be back ever. I have another gift card to use and I'm selling it for Holiday World tickets. They are 100 times better in customer service,friendly staff, and clean! They really need to do something about all the chemicals because one of these days it will really hurt someone I'm afraid!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank amanda g
BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
The chemicals are not increased during capacity. Pools are automatically fed chemicals by a Chemtrol system and levels are manually checked by staff more than the Dept. of Health require. We send samples of our water to the water company weekly and those results are reported to the State Health Dept. We work closely with them to ensure our water quality meets all state guidelines. The Dept. of Health mandates we keep our pools between 1.0 and 7.0 parts per million with 2.0 being minimum sanitation. We strive to keep our chlorine levels regulated between 2.0 and 3.0 parts per million. The spa can have a maximum of 10.0 parts per million. I can assure you our water does meet this criteria. I would recommend especially since they have a child with asthma to come back when the roof is opened in the summer.