Big Splash Adventure Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lane's Motel(French Lick)
  • Pool
View Hotel
E.B. Rhodes House B&B(West Baden Springs)
View Hotel
West Baden Springs Hotel(West Baden Springs)
View Hotel
Crazyhorse Ranch & Lodge(West Baden Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewswater parklaser tagbunk bedstoddler areabigger slidesfrench stickfall breakbreakfast buffetputt puttovernight tripmini golfroom keystaff was friendlyoatmealtrain ridethe room was nicemini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed Saturday 8/11 for one night. We got there around 2pm and they had a room ready for us,though I asked if we could be moved to the 2nd floor, close to the waterpark. No problem, just had to wait a little longer. They went ahead and gave us our wristbands and we went to the waterpark. I loved the fact that the wristband was your roomkey, very nice not having to worry about where your key is. We had two kids with us, age 6 and 8. They liked the waterpark, but were bored with it by the 2nd day. My husband and I even enjoyed the 2 tube slides ,and the lazy river. We got the package with a large pizza, breadsticks, 4 cookies and 4 large drinks and a $25 arcade card. Not a bad deal, but the breadsticks were TERRIBLE, and pizza was your typical "arcade food". Still, with the arcade card included, we only paid $15 for all the food, so.....we dealt with it. We ate the free breakfast, which had a large variety, but nothing was great. The boys enjoyed the french toast sticks. We were happy with the hotel room itself, clean and plenty big for 4 of us. One thing I did not like, when we went to the outdoor pool, the smoking area was right outside it, big negative point for me!!! I don't children or adults that don't smoke should be exposed at all, the smoking area should be farther away! I would recommend thhis place to others with children, If we were in the area, we might stay here again, but I wouldn't drive 2 hours just to go there again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room on the 2nd floor, so close to the waterpark, and it wasn't loud. The waterpark closes at 9:30 anyways
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to hear that you had a good time at our facility and enjoyed many of our features. We are addressing the smoking issue and adding a designated smoking area on the far end of the building. This should alleviate this issue. Once again we thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed the night on a Sunday because we were going to Holiday World the next day. We were able to start using the splash park when we got there at 1pm. We had to wait until 4pm to check into the room, but they had facilities for changing. I was able to check in a little early at 3:30 and im glad I did, as the line to check in at 4pm got fairly long.

The splash park is large and has 4 big slides and a couple small slides in a kiddie area as well as several pools and a lazy river. There where plenty of life guards who seemed very aware of everything going on. There is an adults only hot tub which was strictly enforced. This was a nice way to get away from the splashing.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, but did notice the prices are a little high, but what hotel doesnt have higher food prices. It wasn't stadium pricing, but it wasn't cheap. We went across the street to Chicago's pizza.

The arcade was the one disappointing thing. More than half the games are broken, so the kids ability to earn tickets was not good. It sounds like its been this way for a while. But when I reported it, the girl at the desk said she had just heard about it.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. All the common areas were pretty clean and not in too bad of shape for a place that caters to kids.

I took another reviewers advice and got down to breakfast by 8:30am. By 9am, there was a line to get a table that stretched around the corner. The buffet was kind of a mixed bag, They had a lot of choices, but the eggs cannot be described. Even for fake eggs, they were pretty bad. They had an odd texture and very little flavor. But hey, it is included in the price.

Overall, we would stay here again, but I would like to see a couple improvements. If you are picky, you might not like it. But if you can accept it for what it is (a kids hotel) you'll do just fine.

1  Thank Stanicus
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests! I will pass your review on to our Galley Manager in reference to the arcade. We work diligently to make sure all games are in operational order which is why I assume the manager was surprised to your comment. We appreciate you letting us know so we can take action to get them fixed! We are glad to hear that you had a good experience and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

So many good things about this property - but plenty of room for improvement on customer service/information. We arrived Sunday at 2:30 pm and were pleasantly surprise - our room was ready. Check in was quick -but there was little information given by the clerk except a map to our room. The room was a pleasant surprise - large and clean. We did a quick check for bed bugs and saw no evidence. The girls - 7 and 9 - loved the water park. We had a great time swimming for two days. On the negative - there were was only one lifeguard operating four slides - that one got a great workout climbing from one raft tube to the other holding and launching rafts, monitoring the tube exits and directing people on the body slides as well. I've never seen four rides with one operator - a lot of responsibility to put onto one teenaged lifeguard - even with 40 hours of training. I saw a lot of children without parent supervision and the lifeguards seemed to give up...children running and or not following posted safety rules. I watched a guard blow her whistle several times - the child never acknowledged her - and finally she just gave up and turned around. We are very active parents and were active in keeping our children safe. My younger daughter was stepped on, pushed aside, knocked over by bigger kids - not necessarily mean kids - they were just in a hurry to have fun and there was no one enforcing safety rules except parents of the little ones. I did see a guard administering first aid when one of the little girls was cut on the lilly pads. This aside - we would return.
I think the whole place would benefit from present, active management.

Room Tip: Ask for a for a room on Floor 3 to avoid the elevators - but wear your shoes - the carpet is gross!

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to hear that you had a good experience while visiting our facility. I will pass your review on to our Aquatics staff in reference to the slide tower. I will also let our Front Office Manager know that you were not given as much information as you would have liked at check in. Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Big Splash. The rooms are clean although the sheets are very worn, hotel is clean and breakfast was good for being free. Coffee in the lobby was wonderful.
Now for the waterpark. My kids love this waterpark. It was clean, life guards for the most part are very helpfull, I just wish they had more of them working at one time. One guard on top of the big slides is just not enough when you have kids running wild. I know when we were there last year life guards where plenty this year not so much. Overall this is a great place to take your kids for a mini vacation. Will we be back, yes!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank smalltowngirl2

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to hear that you had a great time. I will be sure to pass on your review to our Aquatics staff. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you as a guest again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I found the resort hotel to be 'tired'.
The carpet was well worn.
The bedding was 'used', i.e., it was old, not crisp and inviting.
For the quality, we were over-charged.
It's time for refurbishing this hotel.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is the entrance to the water park. We stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was perfectly okay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FlowrLady

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review! We do work very hard to consistently clean the carpets. In reference to the bedding, I am unsure as to what you are referencing. The only bedding we have on our beds are sheets as we do not have comforters. We feel like it is a cleaner environment by not having comforters. We thank you for your comments and hope that you will visit our facility again in the future!