Big Splash Adventure Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lane's Motel(French Lick)
  • Pool
View Hotel
E.B. Rhodes House B&B(West Baden Springs)
View Hotel
West Baden Springs Hotel(West Baden Springs)
View Hotel
Crazyhorse Ranch & Lodge(West Baden Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewswater parklaser tagbunk bedstoddler areabigger slidesfrench stickfall breakbreakfast buffetputt puttovernight tripmini golfroom keystaff was friendlyoatmealtrain ridethe room was nicemini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I and our four children visited Big Splash Adventure for two nights. It is very rare that we find a hotel room to accommodate all six of us. Our room was perfect with two sets of bunk beds and a king bed. The hotel was clean, the waterpark was fun and the pizza was very good. The waterpark is small so one day was enough for us. The rest of the time we visited the other hotels and took a ride on the train, which the kids loved. Overall a very fun weekend. The free breakfast wasn't bad for the price:) It is comparable to any other breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2011
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your posting! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility! It is also nice to hear that you were able to experience some of the other local attractions such as the train station and other hotel facilities! We hope to have you as future guests again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Ok, I should have never read the reviews on this site before going. I had a nightmare the night before our trip, so I was expecting the worse. Well, my dream didn't come true thank goodness. The room was very nice, clean and comfy. The Big Splash swim area was very nice also. We purchased a package deal where we got two nights, swim pass, and the pizza deal. I read the food was not very good and expensive. Though I agree with the expensive, most are, but the pizza we had was great, along with the bread sticks, drinks and cookies. Now the breakfast bar wasn't all that disappointing. Begels and fruit would be nice, but I will throw in a disappointment in the coffee. It tasted aweful!!!! I couldn't add enough cream and sugar to make it drinkable. So, I suggest better coffee and maybe even some flavored creamers. Adults need their coffee in the morning.....especially when your dealing with kids going crazy....and some who are not even your own! I would go back....

Room Tip: The bunkbed rooms are nice for kids
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent posting. We are glad to hear that you had a good time and enjoyed the pizza and breadsticks from our Galley Grill. I will let the Food and Beverage know that you were disappointed in the coffee. We can possibly look into changing that. Once again, thank you for your review. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed 3 days and no towels available at the park the entire time. Less than clean if I'm honest.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent posting. We apologize that you did not have towels. However, our inventory is very high right now so it must have been an extreme situation. We do strive to maintain a clean hotel and water park environment. We do hope that you will try us again in the future and have a different experience!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I can't actually review the place because I never made it there but I can review their reservation and cancellation policy. I had booked a room for a Saturday night-room only, no water package. The room was $79 which I thought was very reasonable. Due to some unforeseen issues, we were unable to make the trip so I called on Thursday night to cancel the room. This was 48 hours in advance which I thought was quite enough time. The person that I needed to speak to (Brandi) was not available and I was told to call back on Friday morning. On Friday morning, I called and was told that Brandi would not be in until 1 pm. They could cancel my room but I would still be charged because they have a 72 hour cancellation policy but Brandi might be able to waive that. So I call back at 1:30 but Brandi is still not in. I leave a message on her voicemail. At 6 pm when I still have not heard back from them, I call again but Brandi has left for the day. I talked to someone who was helpful but again she could not waive the cancellation but said I could change the date or call back at 11 am on Saturday to try for Brandi again. I just called at 12:30 and Brandi was still unavailable to talk to. I decided to give up on her and change the date. But the date that I wanted to change to went from $79 to $149. Ridiculous. I don't want to pay that for a room only so I kept the reservation for tonight. Guess I will continue to call today and try to actually talk to Brandi but I'm sure will pay $86 (with tax) for a room that I will never see.
I could see this policy during a peak time or with the water park tickets but all I had was a room. Every other hotel that I have booked with has had 48 hours or usually even 24 hour room only cancellation policies. I've never been to this resort and I for sure never will now.
On a positive, everyone that I talked to was friendly but they had no 'power' to help me. One person who seems to not ever be available holds that power.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank indheat

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent posting. We apologize that you disagree with our cancelation policy. We do have a 72 hour cancelation policy. However, we do allow for a one time date change at no extra charge. Once again we apologize that you disagree with our policy but we do try to hold a standard when it comes to cancelations.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

We were planning a last-minute Labor Day weekend trip to Holiday World and this hotel was only about $30 more than other basic motel chains in the general area. We got a good rate for the holiday weekend.

Rooms were very large and seemed clean and well-maintained. We had a good location right by the 3rd floor elevator: 2 queen beds in our room with plenty of room for 3 adults, 4 year old and 10 month old!

BoatYard restaurant for dinner was extremely tasty and well-priced. I felt as if $6.95 for 5 chicken strips and a side were a great value at this type of restaurant.

While the complimentary buffet may not have had the most gourmet food, it was well-beyond what other resorts offered and was FREE. Potatoes were great. They served pancakes, french toast sticks, 4 kinds of cereal, potatoes, biscuits/gravy, sausage, bacon, etc...Seriously! This was FREE!!!! We had a younger blonder waitress at both dinner and breakfast that was FABULOUS!

I originally booked Sun night online and went back a few days later to add Sat. I emailed the resort to put the two reservation numbers together and they replied back immediately (and it was a late night email I sent). Front desk was always pleasant.

The waterpark was perfect for our family! My 4 year old LOVED the water play area. He did those kiddie slides a thousand times. He also loved the lazy river. My husband (who is typically a complainer) loved the bigger slides. The baby liked the toddler area and did the little pirate slide with his brother.

There is something for everyone with deeper indoor and outdoor pools for basketball, lily pad walk, lazy river, water structure with slides for kids (and adults), toddler area with water swings and slide, adult only hot tub, 2 body slides, and 2 big tube slides. While this may not entertain older teens or adults for days at time, it was PERFECT for 2 full days for my family!

My son said he wants to stay 4 nights next time . I guess 2 nights were not enough!

Room Tip: Waterpark is on the 2nd floor. Rooms down there might be close...but might be noisy! We stayed right by elevator on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dizneyjen

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
We are so happy to hear that you and your family had a good time at our facility! We look forward to having you as future guests again!