“Pleasant stay!”

Comfort Suites French Lick
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in French Lick
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here on an overnight trip to the French Lick/West Baden area. The front desk lady was friendly, efficient and helped us choose a restaurant for dinner. Our King Suite was very clean and comfortable with plenty of room for our friends to join us for social time. However, the bed was positioned too close to the window. After the A/C heating unit was installed, there was barely room to get into/out of that side of the bed. There were not too many people staying the night we were there so everything was pretty quiet. However, walls and floors did not seem to be very well insulated for sound so a full motel may be noisy. There were the usual choices for breakfast (waffles, fruit, cereal, eggs, bacon, pastries, etc.) and the attendant kept everything filled and the tables clean. The breakfast room was quite roomy with many tables. We liked having a safe in our room and were not charged extra for it. The pros outweigh the cons at this location.

Room Tip: If staying again, I would choose a top floor room so I wouldn't hear footsteps above me.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank choicegirl
FLManager, General Manager at Comfort Suites French Lick, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank You for choosing us for your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This is the beat hotel I have ever stayed at! The front desk are so polite! The breakfast was great, and the ladies working it kept everything full. The rooms are SO clean. Overall a great stay, and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank bayleebay
FLManager, General Manager at Comfort Suites French Lick, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to French Lick, and also the great review!! I am pleased you had a great experience. Hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I booked this hotel for a one night stay with family in early October with sisters and mother, just as a getaway. I requested ground floor or near the elevator, since my mother can't walk long distances, and was pleased that they honored my request with a ground floor room. My check-in experience was good, although I was surprised to notice there seemed to be only one person at the front desk at a time when lots of people would be checking in.
The room was nice, big, with a fold out couch for a fifth person. Fridge, microwave and room safe would be handy for anyone staying more than a day or two. The bathroom was a little smaller than in some comparable hotels, but perfectly adequate. We were missing linens for the fold out bed, and called the front desk for them. Eventually someone did come with linens, but it was a long wait. Again, I think they had only one person on the front desk who couldn't leave to deliver linens. If we'd not been changed to nightgowns already we could have gone to the desk and picked them up-- I don't really hold this against them, just know to check for what you need before settling in for the night.
The breakfast set-up was fine, nothing special, except it did appear to have a pretty fabulous set up for making your own waffles. The coffee was good and plentiful and there was the usual selection of cereal and yoghurt and other breakfast stuff.
This hotel is a good choice if you want something modern with all the conveniences but don't want to pay rates at the historic resort hotels in this town. It is a mile or so out of town, and very well set up, with good parking and access. I appreciated the cleanliness of the property, the ease of access for everyone. Our experience was excellent overall.

Room Tip: Requested ground floor room was excellent-- there is a pool at that end of the building, and good ou...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tamara C
FLManager, General Manager at Comfort Suites French Lick, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs and thank you for the nice comments!! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm not very pleased with my stay at Comfort Suites in French Lick, IN. I have been to many Comfort Suites before and never have I been treated so poorly. I called to the desk numerous times and no one answered. I finally went to the front desk, and the girl working night shift seemed bothered by me. She wasn't very helpful and I noticed her name tag said Jerrica. If you see her working, avoid asking her any questions because she does not help. Jentha and Kerrin were helpful the following day, thankfully. The breakfast was okay, and the room was okay, but the bad service at the front desk made my whole trip bad. I would recommend anyone staying in the French Lick area to stay at the French Lick Resort or Big Splash Adventure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank FrequentHotelSmith

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your recent review. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had while staying with us. We take the needs of our guest very seriously and our ratings reflect that. I hope if you are in the area you will give us another chance to show you our commitment to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My company booked my stay here. Was a very nice hotel with a nice location. Everyone was really nice and had no issues with staff. Beds were comfortable and towels were nice. Would be happy to recommend this hotel to others staying in the area. LOVED the no smoking!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Orange Co. I am happy you had a pleasant stay and I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My sister and I were in French Lick for the LPGA Legends Golf Tournament. We didn't want to pay a lot for a room that we only would need for sleeping so we stayed here. It was nice. The girl at the desk(kerryn?? not sure of the spelling) allowed early check in for us. The room was nice and large with a sofa and table, desk, and fridge. There might have been a microwave but I didn't pay attention to that. The beds were comfy. Breakfast Saturday morning was good, but would have liked to see bacon or sausage served. Everything else you could imagine was available. French Lick is a cute little town and I am pretty sure I will be back with my husband and dogs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank addison_and_clark

Thank you for staying at Comfort Suite of French Lick! It was great to have the golfers with us for a few days. I am glad you had a pleasant stay and I am looking forward to your return with your husband and dogs. :)
Have a great day!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Newer and clean with a friendly staff. The rooms are spacious, updated and modern. Bathrooms have a granite vanity and hair dryer. There is a desk, sitting area with a couch, plently of lighting, a refridgerator and microwave. Thick towels and comfortable beds with planty of pillows and an extra blanket. I did not notice any noise between the rooms. Hot breakfast bar available -scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, waffels, fruit, cereal, breads & pasteries, coffee, juice, etc. This is a very nice area that seems to have plenty to do!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank angiRN
FLManager, General Manager at Comfort Suites French Lick, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your lodging needs! I am glad you had a great visit to our area and I hope you will come again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near French Lick
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Jasper
French Lick Springs Hotel
French Lick Springs Hotel
#2 of 5 in French Lick

Been to Comfort Suites French Lick? Share your experiences!