“Great place to stay.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fremont
Maryville, Missouri
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This was a great hotel for my family to stay. The evening manager, Trish, was very welcoming and got us into our room without any delay. Breakfast was great, and the morning/daytime manager, Danielle, was friendly and helpful, as well. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was hot. I would say that the only suggestion for improvement I have is that they put down some traction items on the floor of the shower--it was a bit slick. Other than that, it was a restful, stress-free place. Thanks!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ringwood, New Jersey
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I reluctantly booked this hotel for an overnight stop while driving back from Chicago to NJ. The reviews I read were a little "sketch," but decided to give it a try. The only other Hampton Inn I stayed at was in FL, and I remember that one being pretty nice and new. This one was NOT. This hotel needs major updating. The decor has an "80s country vibe" about it and probably has not been updated since then. The room itself was acceptable aside from that musty "old hotel" smell, which wasn't so bad. I was just a little freaked out when I saw a yellow Post-It note on the headboard of the bed that said "sheets & duvet covers are clean for your arrival." Tacky. Were they really?! Seeing that kind of note made me suspect otherwise! So I did a thorough inspection of the bed, and all looked OK, thank goodness. The bathroom was old and not very pleasant-looking, though the toilet seemed to be on the newer side. Perhaps I was overly critical of this place after staying at a gorgeous Westin in Chicago for a few nights beforehand. Apart from the hotel being in questionable shape, I will say the people who work there are very nice. If something is wrong with your room, like sheets not being clean, I'm sure they'll help you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Quality Inn hotel in Fremont, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear valued guest,

We thank you for staying with us and sharing your opinion and for choosing the Hampton brand again. We are planning an update for our lobby soon and will accept all feedback when planning for future upgrades. The notes that you mentioned are currently a Hampton standard and I’m sorry if it made you question our standards. I am pleased you found the linen acceptable and the staff courteous throughout your stay. We appreciate the business.

Susan Buckingham
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Hampton Inns are typically very nice, comfortable and consistent. This hotel did not live up to the Hampton Inn standards at all. This was booked as a reward stay. I wish I had saved my reward for another Hampton!

Upon ariving, the hotel clerk did not acknowledge that I was standing there for over 5 minutes. She was busy on the phone and it did not sound like another customer, as she kept asking for help on her computer. After standing there awhile, my husband got tired of waiting, went out and parked and unpacked the car came back in and I was still waiting.

The beautiful pool on the website was absolutely disgusting! The bottom was brown and gross. I am so glad I did not have children with me as there would have been tears because that pool was not fit for swimming.

The food seemed stale and was not very appetizing. There was only a stand up shower in the room and many things were in need of repair. Wallpaper was peeling off the wall.

Hope they fix this hotel because it is giving the Hampton Inn chain a bad name!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Check in process was pleasantly efficient when our booked room ( 2 Queens with a sofa bed) was not available we were offered joining double rooms, which was very comfortable for our family with 2 teenagers. Breakfast had a very nice selection, including hot items, and the staff was all very polite and helpful. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way from Chicago back East. The decor is older (in need of an update) but the staff was AWESOME and very friendly - both the night clerk (we checked in late) and the person staffing the breakfast in the morning was great. The room was great (we have 3 kids, so we stayed in the Queen with sofa bed and wished the Hampton Inn in Carol Stream had a similar setup - it was almost like a suite).

Breakfast was very good - home made oatmeal was my favorite part and had the usual Hampton Inn fare which we find good enough for us.

We did not use the pool, but I will say it did not look clean.

Our room was clean and we had no issues there. We would probably stay here again if we ever do that marathon drive again (which we might!)

Room Tip: If traveling with a large family, Queen room with sofa bed has two queen beds and a double size sofa...