“Stayed two nights for a nearby wedding”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights. Several family and friends stayed as well as my brother was getting married nearby and we were all from out of town. The wedding happened to be a sunrise wedding and we had to leave the hotel by 5:30 am, but the breakfast hours begin at 6:00. A few guests shared with the front desk this early timing and the morning of the wedding not only was there coffee ready, but breakfast as well. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. Thank you for making our stay and our very early morning enjoyable!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Clings323
Sherrill S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

I'm glad we were able to open breakfast early so you group could enjoy a little something before the wedding.
We hope to see you again in the future!
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express-Fremont

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Fremont

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Initially stayed here due to it being right off from 80. Extrememly polite, professional staff that actually seems to care that your stay is a good one.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable with a good layout. Beds are cozy and comfortable. No issues. The breakfast was very nice and the staff was incredibly attentive (as soon as a cream cheese or butter was taken, it was replaced in 30 seconds).
The only complaint was a smell of smoke in our room. Not the hotels fault but most likely some ignorant fool smoking in their non-smoking room somewhere or from the a/c pulling outside air in. Either way we called down to the front lobby and they were extremely apologetic. They had no other rooms available so they reduced our bill and brought us a deodorizer spray to nuetralize the smell.
A good, pleasant staff is hard to find when traveling but this place has it all. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Willof72

Im sorry you experienced a problem during your stay! I will address this with our housekeeping dept. so going forward we can possibly spray before a guest enters.
I'm glad to hear you will return to the area, we will see you the next time you are in town!
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express- Fremont

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was disappointed in the room at this HIE. For the price we paid I was expecting much nicer. The room had an odd smell. The tile in the bathroom had mold. The shower didn't drain well. The bathroom door was tough to open and close. This is not some cheap motel - for the price paid I expect much better.
On a good note - Staff was pleasant and beds and pillows were very comfy.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Christine B,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I want to start out by giving Major Kudos to the Breakfast staff! Apparently the Hotel sold out the night before with 2 busses arriving. The breakfast staff was on top of everything! nothing was out of stock and the hot food was hot and the cold food/drinks was cold. There was no room to sit in the breakfast area so we ate in our room.When I went out for seconds all was there and ready for me. (This would have wiped many hotels out). Now for the Room, I was greeted as an IHG member and treated accordingly. The bed was soft and comfortable, The room was spotless, I couldn't expect anything more. This is a pet friendly hotel, and they treat your pet as if it was there own. Great job

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank tlogsdon

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express- Fremont. We will see you the next time your are into the area.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped overnight on our way to Michagan. Hotel is right next to outlets,if you are into that. We didn't go to them. We did drive alittle & went to a Walmart & another store .I think it was Meiger.Like a Fred Meyer if you know them,maybe not as many items.But I picked up a few things.Anyway hotel was very nice. Had cookies when we got there.( Not that we need them)Bed was comfortable.Standard room. The only thing I wish they would have had was a refg.But we could deal with it for one nite. Breakfast was your usual. We've been to so many so for us it needs something extra to excite us.Anyway decent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay while here in Fremont.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Over a year ago, I was driving through Fremont, IN when I began having technical problems with my cell phone and needed to stop somewhere to fix the problem. I was on my way to another HIE about an hour away, but didn't want to wait to make a call and try to fix my phone in a parking lot so I pulled over at this hotel. I told the woman working the desk (Linda) that I was actually on my way to another HIE over an hour away and that I just wanted to sit on the couch and fix my phone if she didn't mind. She could not have been more kind or welcoming. She even helped me to get some tea and a snack and encouraged me to sit as long as I needed to. And I was not even staying there!! I always meant to call and tell the manager so I held on to her name in my wallet for months--today I pulled it out and thought a Trip Advisor report was an even better way to let Linda and HIE know that as a very frequent traveler, this type of hospitality is more than appreciated. Thanks, Linda!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank victoriasmother

Thank you for your kind comments! I hope at some time you will choose to stay here in Fremont on your travels.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Traveling back from Colorado, many night in Hotels. This was a good one. Clean, attentive staff, Everything we needed plus cookies and milk, popcorn complimentary. Next door to factory outlets for shopping.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maxmandy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Quality Inn hotel in Fremont
Ramada Angola/Fremont Area
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Hampton Inn Coldwater
Hampton Inn Coldwater
#1 of 6 in Coldwater
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bryan-Montpelier
Quality Inn Bryan/Montpelier

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fremont? Share your experiences!