“A good choice for a hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We recently stayed in the Holdiay Inn Express in Freemont Indiana while visiting family in the area. This hotel is located close to the outlet stores which makes shopping easy. We have stayed in this hotel many times and will continue to do so when in the area. The building and rooms are clean and comfortable. The hot breakfast is always delicious and a great way to start the day.
The only negative was the large blue tarp on top of the hotel because of recent storms. We werent sure what we would find on the inside but nothing was out of place that we saw.

Room Tip: Always ask for the best travelers rate
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was our third stay at this hotel while traveling to and from Wisconsin to Pennsylvania. We returned because of the excellent service and friendly atmosphere. This trip I left a bag including all my toiletries, makeup, etc. I was called on our travel day to make sure it was, in fact, my bag. They offered to send it to me with my credit card, and it arrived today, 4 days later!! Mike has been an extraordinary host as have the other staff we have encountered. Additionally, it's convenient to the interstate, a great outlet mall, and some really good food!

Room Tip: Coupons at travel plazaS.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Our family of 4 travelled 9 + hours from eastern PA with Freemont as our goal. We have, twice, been treated to a lovely experience staying at Holiday Inn Express in this town. Each time provided a clean, comfortable and friendly environment to relax and unwind from a day of travel. Most recently, we were offered an upgrade to a 'family suite'. The kids enjoyed the bunk area with their own tv and gaming system. Huge space that allows parents to put the kids to bed and have time to themselves. We highly recommend this hotel and are certain we will return within the next few months.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I have high expectations and this hotel exceeded my expectations.
1. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating.
2. The hotel was quiet! Even throughout the mid-morning period when housekeeping came through, the only noise were a few doors shutting.
3. Overlooking the nature preserve was so peaceful and definitely preferable to overlooking any parking lot. This upgraded room even came with a mini-fridge, microwave, and sofa bed, which were unexpected.
4. The bedding was wonderful. They advertise their sheets, which were super comfy, but the bed itself was even fantastic. I actually pulled back the sheets to see what kind of bed it was, but there was no label.
5. Hot breakfast bar had lots of options and the hours were generous (6-9:30am). The coffee was terrible, but that was my experience throughout my whole trip, so I can't really blame the hotel. This hotel even offered a fresh popcorn snack in the afternoon - a first in my travels.
6. I needed a hotel because it was the only one near Pokagon State Park that allowed pets, for a fee. Even if I wasn't traveling with pets, I am glad I chose this hotel over the Potawatomi Inn.
7. It's just off two major highways, so it's easy to get to. Local attractions include a state park, nature reserve, outlets malls, and more.
8. Internet (wi-fi) was easy to access and the service was good.
9. The only negative report that I have (because nothing is perfect) is that my keycard shut off TWICE during my stay. Both times were because of human error and the friendly staff were quick to reset my key and apologize, but it was an inconvenience.

In conclusion, if my travels take me to Stueben County, Indiana again, I will definitely choose this hotel over others and I suggest you do the same!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lw1157
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Overnight stay on the way home from a business trip. Clean, comfortable room, pleasant front desk staff both at check-in & check-out. Typical HIE amenities that I've come to expect: shower head, pillows, bed/sheets, etc. Great selection of television channels. Lovely relaxing evening.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We were distance driving on Rt. 80 and looking for a nice place to sleep. This Holiday Inn Express fit the bill, and we got a great rate using the hotel coupon book we got from the rest stop.

The bed was comfortable. There was popcorn for the taking, and after 8pm cookies and milk. I think pizza was available around 6pm, but we were too late for that. Breakfast was standard HIE fare. The only complaint I have is that the window did not completely block out the light from the outdoor parking lot. It did a better job than most hotels like this one, but still, I would have preferred a completely dark room.

It was a fine choice for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2010

This is a perfect example of the difference between a new building and a renovated building. There was nothing especially wrong (my room was clean, the bedding was the same as other HI Express locations, staff was friendly, etc.), but this building has clearly been around for a very long time and was covnerted into its current use. The bathroom and room itself felt old and run down even though some of the furniture is newer. The doors and ceilings have a decidedly 1970s look to them, the TV was ancient and the bathroom renovation missed a few spots, so the remnants of whatever it was before are still there. Overall, it was clean and efficient, but not as comfortable or nice as new HI Express buildings. Also, there are virtually no amenities around it other than a small outlet mall next door. This is the case with lots of stops on toll roads since the toll road authorities like to steer people to the stops on the highway, which means there are never as many restaurants and services immidiately off the road. I noticed two new HI express buildings about 20 miles east and west of this one. I would try one of those before I stopped here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank 91,150
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Quality Inn hotel in Fremont
Ramada Angola/Fremont Area
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bryan-Montpelier
Hampton Inn Coldwater
Hampton Inn Coldwater
#1 of 6 in Coldwater
Quality Inn Bryan/Montpelier

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fremont? Share your experiences!