I have high expectations and this hotel exceeded my expectations.
1. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating.
2. The hotel was quiet! Even throughout the mid-morning period when housekeeping came through, the only noise were a few doors shutting.
3. Overlooking the nature preserve was so peaceful and definitely preferable to overlooking any parking lot. This upgraded room even came with a mini-fridge, microwave, and sofa bed, which were unexpected.
4. The bedding was wonderful. They advertise their sheets, which were super comfy, but the bed itself was even fantastic. I actually pulled back the sheets to see what kind of bed it was, but there was no label.
5. Hot breakfast bar had lots of options and the hours were generous (6-9:30am). The coffee was terrible, but that was my experience throughout my whole trip, so I can't really blame the hotel. This hotel even offered a fresh popcorn snack in the afternoon - a first in my travels.
6. I needed a hotel because it was the only one near Pokagon State Park that allowed pets, for a fee. Even if I wasn't traveling with pets, I am glad I chose this hotel over the Potawatomi Inn.
7. It's just off two major highways, so it's easy to get to. Local attractions include a state park, nature reserve, outlets malls, and more.
8. Internet (wi-fi) was easy to access and the service was good.
9. The only negative report that I have (because nothing is perfect) is that my keycard shut off TWICE during my stay. Both times were because of human error and the friendly staff were quick to reset my key and apologize, but it was an inconvenience.
In conclusion, if my travels take me to Stueben County, Indiana again, I will definitely choose this hotel over others and I suggest you do the same!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling for business, pleasure, or passing through, let us welcome you to the freshly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Fremont, Indiana (Angola Area). Our hotel is conveniently located near Pokagon State Park and is adjacent to the Outlet Shoppes at Fremont (formerly Prime Outlet). At the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Fremont, you'll discover this is an exceptional hotel from its elegant decor, to its outstanding level of service and satisfaction. Our guests say it's their home away from home and have voted our hotel Northern Indiana's Best Holiday Inn Express hotel since 2005!Along with being nestled close to the forests of Pokagon State Park, in the midst of 101 lakes, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Fremont is near Tri-State University, Parker Hannifin, RR Donnelly, TI Automotive, and Metaldyne. We have a wonderful mix of rooms that is sure to please any budget. Just to mention a few; Family/Kid Suites with bunk beds and PlayStation 2, an Overlook Suite with its own balcony and fireplace, relaxing Spa Suites, and our popular Presidential Suite.Start your day off smart with our new free hot breakfast bar and a free USA Today newspaper. We have free high-speed Internet, warm cookies in evenings, an outdoor heated pool, a large fitness room, and a guest laundry facility. Located right off I-69 and I-80/90 (Indiana Toll Road). We look forward to making you feel at home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Fremont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Freemont Hotel Fremont
- Holiday Inn Fremont
- Fremont Holiday Inn