Review Highlights
Fun Ride

It’s a unique experience to take a ride in the field where the Bisons roam freely. It’s fun for... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
tripster1049
Fort Wayne, Indiana
via mobile
A must see in Fremont

I was very impressed with this preserve. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful and James was... read more

Reviewed May 17, 2019
Brothercane
Youngstown, Ohio
via mobile

All reviews bison wonderful experience gift shop amazing animals kids and adults bucket list hidden gem herd field truck ride tour dan hundreds woodland adventure respect
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Even though it was really cold and windy we really enjoyed our tour and seeing the buffaloes (bison!) up close! Such amazing animals.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2018

This is one of the best hidden gems I have found in my travels. Not only do the do a great job of preserving the buffalo they do a wonderful job of entertaining you while you tour the preserve. The tour guide we had was a informative and filled with inspirational stories of the preserve and Native American tales. If you are anywhere near here don’t miss it. We will remember this place for a long time and plan to return on the spring to see the babies.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Vicky C
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

So on a whim we stop by after seeing a sign along the road. I highly recommend stopping for a tour. We came late on the day but was offered the tour for $10 pp and we had the most informative and fun time. This is definitely something we will relive and share with others. Stop spend an afternoon you will not be disappointed!!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Enjoyed this as something different to experience and learn about. Our guide Jack was great. Got some great photos. Four adults - all enjoyed the experience.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

My wife and I had never seen a herd of bison before. My brother-in-law suggested we visit this bison preserve near Lake James, Indiana. I owe him one! We had a wonderful experience. The staff members were personable and well-informed. The `safari' vehicle is a large truck, with benches and a canopy for shade from the sun. About 200 plus bison were viewed during our approximately one (1) hour tour, including a `stampede' as the herd shifted from one grazing area to another. Our guide took considerable time and effort to answer questions and to add intriguing details about the lives of the woodland and the plains bison. The `gift shop' at the preserve has grass-fed bison meat for sale, as well as a wide assortment of memorabilia - kids and adults would no doubt like the range of choices. The tour fee seemed very reasonable - $10 per adult. The preserve seemed to have an abiding sense of respect for the bison. All in all, a memorable experience.

Date of experience: July 2018