“We Always Stop at Clay's”

Clay's Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Fremont
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We do a lot of traveling to Chicago via road trip and always love to stop and have lunch or early dinner at Clay's. Clay's has an Americana country atmosphere with hearty, home made food. Don't expect anything "gourmet" or fussy; what you get is simple country fare that can comfort a weary traveler or provide a traditional family meal on Fish Fry Friday. There are specials on the menu for each day of the week except on Mondays when they are closed. I especially recommend the turkey dinner on the menu with roasted turkey and all the trimmings. A nice salad bar is also available and save room for homemade pie and coffee. Unfortunately, no wine or liquor is available here. Afterward, check out an interesting antique store next door and the beautiful Lake George area behind. Oh and about a half a mile out are the outlet stores of Fremont.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We go to this restaurant every summer when we are at the lake! Very simple, laid back, and off of the beaten path. You must save room for the pies! Ntheynare homemade and delicious! The owners are there all of the time. My husband loves the blue gill!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We make an effort to time our trip so we pass here at meal time. The food has always been great and the homemade pies are to die for!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I rely on Trip Advisor when I'm out of town and need a recommendation on places to eat. This place had two other reviews that were excellent so my family and I decided to go. I'm so disappointed! I got the roast pork loin and dressing. The pork tasted like it had been microwaved and the dressing I honestly thought was a chunk of meat. It could be picked up with a fork! Service was lousy! We were there an hour before I meal came out. I did send my food back and said to take it off the bill. The owner came out apologetic and wanted to make it right. I got a hamburger and that wasn't very good either. They never brought our bill and we had to track down someone to get it for us. Owners were apologetic and I understand being short staffed, but that doesn't excuse the poor food.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Located a few minutes off 69. Sits by lake George, food was very good. Everyone working there was very friendly and nice.you have try the pumpkin pie its amazing.there is even a small antique shop next door.