“Nice place to eat”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Not a lot of choices in the general area. My party had crab cakes. Catfish. Mahi mahi and walleye. All very good. Good service as well

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have eaten here a few times. Our family goes to Pokagon every year for our family reunion and some of us come up the night before. A couple years ago, we tried Timbuktoos and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food is really good. My husband and I ate here for our anniversary this year, and as always it was great!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I were very, very disappointed in our trip to this restaurant. We were there this evening 10-5-13. When we arrived they were not very busy, however it took forever for a waitress to come and take a drink order, we had coffee that was the only good thing of our meals. My husband had the almond crusted walleye... YUCK, was not fully cooked and well the peaches with syrup on top NOT a good combination. I had the seafood trio, Salmon, crab cake patty and coconut shrimp. the salmon wasn't to bad the rest not good at all!!! Everything was cold when we got it, not surprising it took a very long time. The rolls they gave us were OLD and tough as leather. NO one asked us during our meal if everything was ok, when we left the 2 waitresses at the door did not bother to say a word to us. I will not go into detail of the ladies room. sorry to say we will not be back, bad food, bad service, registers in the floor all broken up, just not a clean environment.

1  Thank mary e
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stopped here on a business trip at the hotel's recommendation, and I go back every time I visit this area now. It looks like a log cabin from the outside, and the food is all high-quality and homemade. Especially good is the macadamia nut crusted Walleye with peach sauce, and the salmon cake burger. The prices are around $10-25 per entree, but it's so worth it. They also serve wines from the local Satek winery (which also does free tastings most evenings and is right down the street). Try it if you want something other than the standard chain restaurants.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good place to take friends. A little different menu with good, quality food and atmosphere.
A nice, quiet place close to Interstate 69.

Been to Timbuktoos? Share your experiences!