“Great restaurant in out of the way place”
Review of Timbuktoos

Timbuktoos
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Fremont
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great restaurant in out of the way place”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Fremont, Ind. on our way to Chicago thinking we'd only find fast food. To our surprise we discovered this out of the way restaurant with outstanding food! We met a couple there from Nebraska who always stop on their way east. The walleye was delicious and service prompt and friendly. Great place to stop when you're heading through the mid west.

Visited May 2013

Chippewa Falls
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was great, service was very good. We were in town for an event at Trine with our son, and heard about this local restaurant. Our waitress was good but the staff overall wasn't overly friendly or welcoming. Between us, we had steak (really good), shrimp scampi with pasta (really good), and I had almond crusted walleye - fantastic. If I am ever at Trine will go back here.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible First Impression”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were in town over this past weekend for Trine graduation. We went here with a large party and arrived before the party so we decided to sit at the bar and have a few drinks. This was obviously a mistake. We were greeted by a not so friendly elderly women. She was sitting on a bar stool behind the bar and looked less than thrilled when we sat down. After asking us what we wanted since I wasn't sure what was offered I inquired about recommendations and she had obviously no idea what she was doing. She then asked one of the waitresses for help. The waitress was very helpful in answering my questions and offering recommendations. She then explained to the women how to make the drink I ordered which I thought was strange. We were never offered anything beyond our first cocktail, the women behind the bar seemed more concerned with her insults of other customers and waitresses than with us. We are not from the area but often visit friends at the lakes and I will be sure not to recommend this place to them. If they cant handle something as simple as friendly knowledgeable bar service I would not want to see what happens on a busy weekend. The owner of this restaurant really needs to rethink who he/she places in their establishment to deal with customers. I would like to add though the food was good and when we moved to our table the service from our waitress was very nice.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rebecca L
Butler, Pennsylvania
“great food!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great food and drink! Close to route 80! Nice rustic location. Country style. Would return. Service was good also.

Visited May 2013
Hanover, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was a great spot to get a hot meal with a nice atmosphere. I had the sea scallops and they were delicious! We would go there again.

Visited April 2013

Been to Timbuktoos? Share your experiences!