“too many small things going wrong”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed June 17, 2012

When I'm looking just for a place to spend the night on a long road trip, I don't ask for much. This hotel has just been renovated (or at least painted), so perhaps things will improve once things have settled down, but for now I'll list the small items which irritated me: (i) air conditioning of the old fashioned kind, which didn't cool the room down sufficiently even two hours after our arrival; (ii) wireless internet so slow and sporadic as to be unusable; (iii) coffee pot, in the room, with a broken "on" switch; (iv) tiny bathroom, barely large enough to turn around; (v) a place set aside for the fridge - but no fridge. On the positive side the hotel has, as I say, been freshly painted and is clean; we slept well enough; and the sink is in the room itself, rather than in the bathroom, a helpful arrangement when traveling with others. Perhaps the problems we found were just a "one-off" and we'd have a better experience next time, but I'd be inclined to try the competition first.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank botafogoblogger

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Nice clean hotel and they honored my request for a first floor room. Very good breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Very good experience here. Picked this one from my GPS and it was a winner. Very clean room (most important thing for me) comfortable bed and friendly staff. Breakfast was adequate. No meat with eggs but not a problem for us. Nice flat screen TV. On recommendation of desk clerk we ate at a place called "Timbucktooos" which was excellent. .Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed one night. Arrived late in the evening and we were checked in quickly to a third floor room. Our keys didn't work right and after re-keying our room cards, the front desk lady was nice enough to come up with us to make sure that we could get in the room with no problems. Space was a little tight around the elevator entrances, so if you're hauling a lot of luggage, you may need to make a couple trips. Room was very clean, beds and pillows were comfortable, and the room/bathroom/shower were all in good condition. TV was not a newer flat screen, but worked adequately. Breakfast in the morning was of average selection, but good quality. The breakfast area is not large, so it could get cramped if the hotel is ever full. The parking lot was well-lit and we felt safe enough here. There is a gas station/convenience store nearby (can't walk there though). No complaints and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was just ok as there was no meat with the eggs served unless you consider sausage gravy a meat. Bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly enough. We ate at a mexican place ( Los Limas in Angola-about 2 miles away. ) see my review. Internet was pretty good. I used my Choice points for the room but in looking over the rrates online I found the Senior rate a bit high for this place. All in all I would stay here again and I recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We let our GPS find this one while travelling, better than most in this price range.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here when visiting Trine University and found it to be very comfortable. Rooms were a good size and were very clean. THe lobby was nicely decorated and everything seemed quite new. The breakfast buffet in the morning was very good compared to other hotels in this price range. We especially liked the pumpkin spice waffles and the bakery doughnuts. I wished they had a hot tub, but overall we were very happy with the accomodations.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Quality Inn hotel in Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Fremont
Ramada Angola/Fremont Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bryan-Montpelier
Hampton Inn Coldwater
Hampton Inn Coldwater
#1 of 6 in Coldwater
Best Western Plus Howe Inn

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!