“Charged for an Extra night.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Franklin
Greens Fork, Indiana
“Charged for an Extra night.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here on two-night prepaid stay in March, booked through the Choice hotel website. The hotel did not clean our room after the first night. When we returned that evening, I informed the front desk. The woman immediately disagreed that the room had not been cleaned. I invited her to come have a look at the unmade bed and the towels on the floor in the bathroom. She declined but said housekeeping had gone home so changed us to another room. That was a hassle, but the problem was resolved -- so I thought! To my surprise, the hotel billed my credit card for an additional night without telling and without my signature--even though I did not provide the card info to them. They have not responded to my requests for a refund. Unfortunately, Choice Hotels defers all responsibility to the hotel owner. I will not stay here again and would caution any who do.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank silentlywewait

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kentucky
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The King suite was large and quiet, even though right by the elevator. When I first arrived, the air conditioner was off and it was sweltering in the room. The AC worked slow (and was just in the back room) so it was not adequately cooled off until the next morning. The living area is not designed very well, as you don't have room to sit at the desk and lighting was poor. Also, the sofa was very uncomfortable with sagging cushions. Toilet seat was broken on one side, but the bathroom was clean. Lots of hot water with good water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and sheets were nice and clean. The breakfast was pretty good with several options. I was there on a business trip and I thought the nightly rate was overpriced for what was provided. If I went back on my own, I would not choose to stay there, but it was okay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LisaDawn75
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were in town for a dance competition and many families from our studio were staying at this hotel. Virtually none of the rooms were serviced even though we were gone all day at the competition. Crummy service too. I mean really crummy. The front desk woman argued with us, begrudgingly got us fresh towels, even had her boyfriend (who was hanging around the front desk with other's of her friends) tried to pick a fight with another guest which ended up in having the police arrive in front of our girls to calm things down. Ridiculous. And the pool was filthy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TammyRNelson
Ohio
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The whole hotel is clean and comfortable. The lobby is charmingly decorated and has a nice little sitting area where they offer free popcorn. Our room was spacious, cozy, very clean and the beds were nice. Breakfast the next morning had plenty of options with your normal continental breakfast plus scrambled eggs, sausage and make your own waffles.

I thought the price was a little high for the area but I was not displeased with any part of our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I checked into the hotel late in the day on a Friday. I went to my room and unmade the bed. The first thing I noticed was the big blood stain on one pillow, and a yellow stain on another. I then noticed that there were hairs in the bed and the window was filthy. I called the front desk and they switched me rooms. The new room was just as bad. The bed had makeup stains all over the pillow, and hairs in the bed again. Also there was dried urine on the front of the sink and crumbs and bits of food throughout the room. I called the front desk and they sent the desk staff up to inspect. They saw the problems and said they were going to go find us a clean room. It took them about 20 minutes before they came back. The new room they showed us had a filthy window, and the bathroom had dried on toothpaste on the faucet. The shower curtain was not very clean, and again there were spill marks and some crumbs in the room. They told us it was the cleanest room they had. However, they did apologize and told us they were calling their manager right then and that the housekeeping staff would get in trouble.

The first night I slept well. The 2nd night, the room was much cleaner (though we did find a beer bottle lid and fried chicken bits in the room) and the maid had changed the comforter as it had been dirty. Then, at 5 AM the alarm began going off. This had not happened the first night, and I had not messed with it at all. This only left one person: The maid. Apparently she had been told WHO had complained about her and she had decided to get revenge.

I then decided to go swimming to try and relax. I went to the pool, and the filter was not on in the pool. I got in and discovered lots of hairs floating on the surface of the water. Needless to say, I left very quickly.

In the morning, i went to eat the breakfast. I opened the grill with the eggs and sausage in it and they were ice cold. not even warm. I couldn't eat it because I was afraid of getting sick. This is most likely against health code.

All in all, this was an awful stay and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff gave us a $20 dollar discount but it did not come close to making up for the awful quality of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked rooms simply to sleep in while in town visiting family for the holiday. We were informed that housekeeping had the holiday off, but we could get towel service in the morning if we wanted it. We paid full price so I was surprised that we wouldn't receive full services. The room was comfortable.

Room Tip: Only one ice machine and you don't want to be beside it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Elgin, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The property needs some work. The bathroom wasn't as clean as it should be, had mildew on the shower tiles, and the toilet didn't flush properly. The bathroom exhaust fan pulled cigarette smoke in from somewhere. The queen bed was very comfortable, and no problems with noise. The breakfast area was one of the nicest I've seen at a Choice Hotel property, and was well-stocked and clean. However, a strong odor of Pinesol from a mop bucket in the hallway was rather unpleasant. Our stay was fine overall, but I was more impressed with our next night's stay at a Quality Inn in nearby Indy (at $20 less per night).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy M
G M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, April 7, 2015
Dear Guest,

Dhaval Patel
GM
Comfort Inn, Franklin
317-736-0480
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 6 in Franklin
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Red Roof Inn Greenwood, IN
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
Red Roof Inn Columbus-Taylorsville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!