Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked rooms simply to sleep in while in town visiting family for the holiday. We were informed that housekeeping had the holiday off, but we could get towel service in the morning if we wanted it. We paid full price so I was surprised that we wouldn't receive full services. The room was comfortable.

Room Tip: Only one ice machine and you don't want to be beside it
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The property needs some work. The bathroom wasn't as clean as it should be, had mildew on the shower tiles, and the toilet didn't flush properly. The bathroom exhaust fan pulled cigarette smoke in from somewhere. The queen bed was very comfortable, and no problems with noise. The breakfast area was one of the nicest I've seen at a Choice Hotel property, and was well-stocked and clean. However, a strong odor of Pinesol from a mop bucket in the hallway was rather unpleasant. Our stay was fine overall, but I was more impressed with our next night's stay at a Quality Inn in nearby Indy (at $20 less per night).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy M
G M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2015

Dear Guest,

Dhaval Patel
GM
Comfort Inn, Franklin
317-736-0480

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was a quick stop for us. We found the rooms to be nice, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast hours could have been extended a bit, but the choices were good. Nice lobby area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

As a single female traveling alone, safety is a huge concern. I initially stopped at a nearby hotel and was glad that they didn't have my reservation. I went to the gas station across the street and the cashier and a local recommended the Comfort Inn which was behind the gas station. The first night I stayed here, I was impressed by the cheap rate but the breakfast was lacking. No milk, no eggs, no sausage--the hot foods were depleted and no one was nearby to replenish or ask about the shortages. Also, no fresh fruit. The room, a single queen was not bad, the room passed my white sock test (I wear white socks and if they turn black, it was a poorly renovated smoking room or the room is not clean at all). The pillows were dead but not unbearable. The bathroom had a slow toilet but it worked.

The second night that I stayed here, I was in a king single room. The chair had holes in it and the internet worked poorly. The pillows were dead but not unbearable. The bathroom had cracked tiles and there was hair on the floor; not mine. Again, the hot foods were empty unless you wanted to make your own waffles and there was no fresh fruit.

The hotel is an old Carlton Lodge so it has a neat look with lots of wood, I expected to see a deer head but I didn't. I wouldn't pay more than $65/night.

Every morning during breakfast, the pool man was testing the chorline levels. Although I didn't use the pool, I think this would be a safe bet.

Room Tip: I would choose the queen single bed in room 118 again over the king bed on the same floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LoriLions
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night while in Franklin for a dance competition. The hotel is right off of I-65, but there isn't much in the immediate area other than a few hotels, McDonalds, Waffle House, and a gas station. We drove 15 minutes up to Greenwood Mall for a much larger variety of restaurants.
We were in Room #139 which had 1 king bed and a sleeper sofa. The beds were comfy and we had no issue with noise. The room looked like it could use a thourough cleaning and some repair. There was mold/mildew on the wall above the shower, bathroom tiles were cracked, etc. But it seemed clean, overall.
Breakfast had waffles, bagels, cereal, and scrambled eggs and sausage. Typical continental breakfast~enough to hold you over until lunch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My family and I absolutely love the new look of this hotel and how easy it was to get to downtown Indianapolis! We enjoyed the nice complimentary breakfast and the rooms were nice as well! I would definietly recommend this to anybody who is interested in fair prices and good quality!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I've stayed here twice (giving it a second chance) and both times the heating/air conditioning didn't work in two different rooms.

It's so close to the freeway the noise is noticeable and distracting, particularly if you can't drown it out with the heater/air conditioner.

Both times the 6:00am breakfast wasn't out at 6:00am.

If you're a freeway traveler pick the Quality Inn a block away.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 6 in Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!