“I believe they have closed”

Richard's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Franklin, IN
“I believe they have closed”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Richards pizza is still open (same building) but I belive Richard's Kitchen has closed its doors. We had been there several times but the last couple it had become disappointing after their head chef Joe left.

Visited March 2013

Franklin, IN
“Best Prime Rib...let's put this in a time frame, ever!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A small venue in Franklin with amazing food. The prime rib was absolutely amazing, the service was incredibly helpful. I enjoyed the selection of single malts as well. Richard stopped by our table and we were able to quiz him...mostly about why in the sam heck would you have a five star restaurant in Franklin (his wife is from here). Will definitely be coming back!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Richard's Brick Oven Pizza is amazing!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This restaurant is split in two. I have never been to the "Richard's Kitchen" portion, but my wife and I frequent "Richard's Brick Oven Pizza". We enjoy the small, romantic atmosphere as well as the delicious food. I am a huge fan of the "pinwheels and marinara" appetizer, where as my wife loves the "spinache and artichoke with flatbread". We usually also get a three topping pizza. They never disappoint. This place makes for a great date, dinner with friends, or even a family night.

Note: There is an actual brick oven in the main dining area, in case the title wasn't enough... This is visually nice, but can be quite warm directly in front of the opening and adds a slightly smokey smell. This is a small shop with a very small staff. They seem to work hard and are friendly, but if the shop is busy there might be delays... which we have never experienced.

• Visited August 2012
Franklin, Indiana
“We're back!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Went to Richard's after an absence of more than a few months. But we'd heard Richard was back cooking and that makes all the difference to us. Took another couple and we all had excellent meals. Both the guys ordered steaks, my friend ordered the pork and I had chicken. All were cooked perfectly. Even better, the cost was HALF the price of the meal the four of us had at Sullivan's on the north side of Indy a couple of months before. The food was better and the atmosphere was certainly better (not noisy and cramped). We'll be going back to Richard's again soon.

• Visited April 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Presentation cooking”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stopped into Richard’s Kitchen for dinner last night and sat at the chef’s table. This restaurant features presentation cooking by the head chef and his support team. The restaurant is owned by Richard Goss, a classically-trained chef from Philadelphia. Turns out, Richard married a local girl, and that’s the only reason there is a five-star restaurant in the small Indiana town of Franklin. The chef let us order off menu. I tried walleye and a sample of New York strip prime age beef steak. The meal came with rice and an assortment of sautéed vegetables. The chef fixed the walleye two ways: deep beer-battered and breaded and pan-fried. Both were excellent. The steak was a small portion of New York prime Angus beef. The restaurant has a reputation for fine steaks, prepared right in front of you on the grill. While the cooking is excellent, the show is even better. We watched the head chef and his staff work through a rush without missing a beat. If you have never experienced presentation cooking at a chef’s table, Richard’s Kitchen is well worth the drive down from Indianapolis. I would highly recommend this restaurant on a Wednesday or Thursday night when you can get a seat at the chef’s table. On Fridays and Saturdays it is usually booked, but the restaurant seating is cozy enough to give you a unique dining experience. Our waitress was excellent and parking was easy.

• Visited April 2012