“Pizza”

Good for: Bar scene
Columbus, Indiana
“Pizza”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The pizza is fabulous!!!! I grew up in Franklin and had never been to the Willard, I finally went and just like everyone said, the pizza is great!

Visited January 2013

Indy
“Was expecting better....”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Tried the Willard for the first time last night with my wife , our 19 year old college freshmen & her boyfriend. I had heard mostly good things about the Willard so I was anxious to try it.

They have no parking lot so it's street parking where you can find it. Early on a Wednesday night it wasn't too hard. Place looks very nice from the outside and the entryway was cool as well.

Sign said seat yourself so we did. First thing I noticed was the tables were pretty small for 4 people eating so keep that in mind if you visit. Our waitress was very good during the entire time as were the other staff who assisted in bringing food out. I'd give them a 4.5 out of 5 on service.

Was more then a bit surprised to hear that there was a charge for refills on soft drinks so I took the waitress's suggestion & ordered a pitcher of Coke. We got 6 bread sticks as an appetizer and they were very good. Seasoned well & with a good consistency.. it was served with either a nacho cheese or marinara dipping sauce on paper plates.

it was then time for the entrees. The daughter's bf got a burger & fries which he thought was very good. My wife and daughter got a chicken dish that they were disappointed in due to the over seasoning which left it not tasting right.

I had their pizza & I was VERY disappointed. It was the same recipe as the old local Jack's Pizza chain which for me was a bad sign. The sauce was so so, the sausage nothing remarkable and have others have commented on the crust was strangely stiff.

Again the service was great but the food just doesn't warrant another trip I'm sorry to say.

• Visited December 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“No communication or appreciation”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We went to the Williard as a first time visitor 2 hours prior to a show at the Artscraft theater next door. The line of people waiting for a table was out the door. We were told by others waiting that there were 2 different entrances and no hostess taking names. Also we tried to make a reservation but were told we couldn't for a party of six. We waited for 15 minutes and more people kept coming. Patrons pushed by us and started fending for themselves. We finally asked the wait staff for assistance and she said she would get someone. That someone never came. No manager in sight! Another 5 minutes went by and patrons were taking matters into their own hands. We left because we didn't like the lack of service. We will not be back. We will however visit the Artscraft again. They get customer service! Too bad the Williard can't learn from its neighbor and work as a team. Both establishments could greatly benefit from each other.

1 Thank laford
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Always enjoy the food at the Willard. Nice setting, too. In the middle of the downtown with good parking.

Visited November 2012
“Stellar Local Pub”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Went to Willard for first time after a show at Artcraft theater next door. This is a neighborhood pub a little off the baten path well worth the visit. We enjoyed sitting on the patio on a cool pleasant night. Known here for their friendliness, hot wings and awsome thin crust pizza. A popular hang out for locals for many years.