“Good for the price”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Franklin
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Good for the price”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

$20 - $25 cheaper than anything else in town; Interior rooms; indoor pool - all pluses.
Older property but clean. Air conditioner was nosiy (didn't have to use it second night). Just me and my sister in town to visit relatives. The front desk staff was very friendly. Gave us room on first floor and let us look at room first. Very much appreciated. Felt safe.
Over all good for the price.
Would probably stay again

Sisters

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Staff was friendly when we arrived. People seemed to be hanging out in the lobby when we arrived which I didn't care for as they didn't seem to be guests. The air conditioner made a horrible noise when it ran. Breakfast was from 6am -9am. We arrived before 7 and there was nothing to eat but two apples a couple of boxes of cereal. The orange juice machine was empty. We were the only ones in the room at that time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Pottman
near Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights while participating in a horse show at the nearby Hoosier Horse Park (adjacent to Camp Atterbury) and felt that the Super 8 in Franklin was a very good value for the price. Our room with 3 comfortable double beds, microwave and refrigerator worked out great for 3 adults and 2 children, and was nicer than we expected. The children enjoyed the pool, which was a little cool, but felt good after spending hot days in the sun. All the staff we met were friendly and helpful. Breakfast offered less variety than the more expensive chains, yet they kept what they had well stocked. With McDonald’s, Burger King, Subway and two gas stations with convenience stores in sight of the hotel entrance, it was easy to grab a quick meal on the way to or from the horse show.
Our suite was on the second floor, and to our knowledge there was no elevator, so if going up steps would be a problem, you would want to check that out when you made the reservation. Otherwise, if you need a decent place to sleep and shower at a reasonable price with up to 6 people in a room, I would recommend the Super 8 in Franklin.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I didn't find any evidence of bed bugs which is about the only positive comment I have about this place. When we arrived around 9:00 p.m., the desk clerk was having a social gathering in the breakfast room with about 6 to 8 people just hanging out. I didn't get the impression they were hotel guests. The lobby and hallways smelled of smoke. A large warning sign on the pool door indicated it was closed by the Health Department. In the morning, a school bus pulled up to the front door and several children boarded. I really feel sorry for anyone who has to live in this hotel. Just yuck.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I've stayed at the Super 8 in Franklin on several occasions, always liked it and found the staff and Mary the manager to be helpful and courteous, last time in Franklin to visit friends we originally stayed at the Red Carpet Inn across the street,(see my review on that!) and we went over to the Super 8 to see if we could move there, and the night girl on the counter looked us up on her records and offered us the same room as we had last time, we were glad to have it and we gladly accepted, we stayed for a week and had no complaints, the light went out over the sink and i told Mary about it, and she had someone come to fix it promptly, all in all, good value and a pleasant place, but its not a 4 or 5 star hotel, so dont expect that!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2010

First of all, I must admit I am not a fan of Super 8 motels - given my past experiences, but my wife and I just needed a handy place to stay for a brief one night stop during a drive further south, and I was willing to give this place a chance - given the lower price, the advertised breakfast, and some prior OK reviews. Well, my wife let me have it afterward and now I will have live down this pick. I should have known better after no one answered the phone during my earlier call to confirm my reservation for a late arrival. Yes, I know, you get what you pay for, but you should also get what is advertised. We tried to have breakfast at 8:15 AM (on a weekday) but learned the place was out of sweet rolls (the typical individually wrapped cheap stuff), out of waffle mix, and out of orange juice; the woman at the desk just smiled and confirmed they were out of the supplies, but made no effort to replenish them or apologize. The room was OK but had a moldy smell and the toilet needed repairs. I learned my lesson..."Yes dear, next time I will avoid the Super 8 and pay slightly more...." (rather than paying more in the end - for a breakfast at some nearby waffle house). Guys, learn from my mistake!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
kentucky
Reviewed February 11, 2007

I would definitely return to this hotel. It was conveniently located to the interstate, food and gas. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the price was right, continental breakfast was great and this is the only place I have EVER stayed that someone actually knocked on our room door AND called the room for the wake-up call. Just an EXCELLENT stay!

• Liked — Convenience & Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No Complaints
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Baymont Inn & Suites Franklin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 6 in Franklin
Red Roof Inn Greenwood, IN
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!