“Wonderful menu”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

A very different menu but very good food. Friendly staff answered all our questions. It was a cozy atmosphere and a very welcoming place. Sharon & Butch from the Flying Frog B&B were our hosts. They were most helpful with ordering a fine meal.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This little restaurant on the courthouse square is worth the drive from any where. It is classy, comfortable, affordable, and delicious.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My hubby & I went for brunch on Easter Sunday. We had called ahead for reservations and were glad we did, though they did have a few walk-ins. We ordered the beignets to start-yum! He ordered a asparagus/mushroom/spinach omelet with grits and a biscuit. He LOVED the omelet and the grits. The biscuit was good, but said it could have used some butter-which wasn't offered to us. I had Eggs Florentine. It was wonderful! I could only eat half and brought the other home with me. We also ended up getting an order of the bread pudding to go. I am sure it would have been better eaten there, but it was still good when we ate it later at home. I have not yet been there for dinner, as their prices are a bit higher, but for brunch or lunch, we will go back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a small restaurant with nice ambiance. We had the pate and pickles for a starter, which was very good. For the main entrées my wife had the shrimp and grits and I had the duck dish—our understanding is that these are signature dishes of the restaurant. My wife described her dish as marvelous and addictive. The dish was spicy and flavorful, but her lips became slightly numb half way through the meal. The chef may want to consider cutting down on the capsaicin-like ingredient in the dish. I tasted her dish and thought it was excellent—admittedly spicy with a warm kick to the back of the throat. My duck entrée was very good and I thought the accompaniments to the meat were perfect. The portion sizes were ample and not small like some fine-dining restaurants. We shared a cinnamon roll bread pudding for dessert. We each took a bite and without hesitation agreed that it was awful. It just tasted rubbery. I wanted to give the waiter feedback on our food experience and mentioned that the desert was not so good (to say awful would have been rude). He said it was their best selling dessert and left. Now for the service, which can greatly add or take away from the dining experience. The restaurant had perhaps 8-10 patrons that night. The food was somewhat slow to arrive, but I took this as a good sign that the food was being prepared fresh. However, I wonder how they cope on a busy night. Our waiter was friendly, but not knowledgeable with items on the restaurant’s new menu. Over time he became intrusive as he kept conversing with us on so many different topics. At one point I was going to pull out a chair and ask him to join us. He should have got the hint when I did not say a work for 5-minutes, had my arms crossed with no smile on my face, while he conversed with my wife. Waiter gets an overwhelming two-thumbs down. Will we go back?—yes. Hopefully the dining experience will be better next time.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This meal was the best meal my husband and I had eaten since we moved to the Indianapolis area six years ago. Small restaurant with an intimate atmosphere - you definitely need a reservation on the weekend. Superb food and good service - we will most definitely be returning. I haven't heard any negative comments about this place whatsoever. The owner/chef and his wife come from the South, he trained in Charleston - they definitely do not want you to leave feeling empty - the plates are huge - we could have split an appetizer and main course - then may be we would have had room for dessert. An interesting array of single malt Scotch's - the décor is accentuated by local Franklin artist John Strickland. We were more than pleasantly surprised by the bill - it would have cost at least twice the price in downtown Indianapolis.