“Wow!! Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Indigo Duck - CLOSED

The Indigo Duck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Houston
“Wow!! Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I eat here often - and I also eat out very often and love great food. That being said, Indigo Duck gets an A++++ rating from me!! The food is amazing! And I love the fact that they support local farmers. Their wine list is great as well. The service is amazing and the owners are wonderful people. I recommend signing up on their email list because they often have special events. They also cater and in fact, they catered the 90th birthday celebration of the Artcraft Theatre and did a superb job - the food was delicious!

• Visited October 2012

Grandview Heights, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT Restaurant in Small Indiana City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had dinner at the Indigo Duck on a recent trip to Franklin, IN. The food (emphasizing "low-country" cuisine) was exceptional and the service very good. We shared first courses of sweet potato gnocchi and she crab soup. Both were outstanding. Our entrees were cedar plank roasted salmon with shrimp and sweet corn risotto and lamb shank with bacon-wrapped haricot vert. Again outstanding. We shared a slice of wickedly good chocolate cake with sour cherry sauce for dessert. The portions were generous. We put the doggie bags in the fridge at our B&B and took them two days later to our home near Columbus, OH. We had another feast for dinner. If you are ever in or near Franklin, IN, the Indigo Duck is a must. We tried to persuade one of the co-owners to move the restaurant to Columbus but had no luck.

Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A romantic diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I love to support local shops and restaurants, and that's what took us to the Indigo Duck. Nestled in the heart of downtown Franklin, this place was stand-out. We went on a weekday evening and the overall crowd was small. The lighting and decor make for a really nice, romantic dinner. We had Jumbo Lump Crab Salad & Avocado Pancakes, my wife's choice, which was incredible. I then had the Indigo Duck Hamburger, which is quickly becoming a local legend... and the only disappointment was I could not finish it.

The only complaint, if I have to make one, would be the size of the dining area. It would not take many people to detract from the quiet, sweet ambience.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
“The Indigo Duck Experince to Remember”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Six of us dined. Server accidentally spilled our water all over the table. Water was dripping down on me from a pipe above - condensation? The temperature in the restaurant was warmer than outside ( I was sweating ). I ordered a hamburger and fries done medium. Burger came out well done, bun was very hard and the fries were cooked very well done. We could barely hear ourselves talk, accoustics, much to be desired. The $13 "heirloom" tomato salad - let me just say I've not recalled heirloom tomatoes being grape/cherry tomatoes; however, I stand to be corrected. All I will say - should have gone to Richard's Kitchen - which we will the next time!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Israel F
Indiana
“Very classy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

It was ok but I prefer home style cooking better. It was expensive, I doubt that I would try it again
The restrurant was small and we were there with a Red Hat group, it was crowded.

• Visited October 2011