“Where did the service go? The manager was rude and unavailable - unlike all of my other Holiday Inn Express experiences.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Frankfort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Frankfort
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I am anxious to see the results of the renovation. The stay was pretty comfortable, but the manage staff was not as responsive as expected. When I needed something from the front desk, the manager was instead outside smoking in the parking lot and then rude when she had to come back inside the building. If she wasn't in her office, she was outside on a continuous break. Hence, the service was less than desirable during my and my colleagues' stay. Outside of that, the conditions were fair. I noticed that hotel was under some level of renovation; being a fan of Holiday Inn Express hotels, I am anxious to see its completion!

I hope that this lack of service was simply an exception and not simply the rule at this Holiday Inn Express location!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank DwayneKilbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
rochester, minnesota
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I was there on business, there seemed to be a very big gossip session at the front desk upon my check in and check out...even though I waited for approximately one minute and half to get their attention. The hotel is supposed to being renovated which I can excuse but the staff was so unprofessional in all my years of business travel which is well over 39 year this bunch of people have no class, no sense of what a customer deserves. When ask for manager the lady pointed to parking lot and said she will be back in a moment she is smoking in her car...but she never did talk to me personally. Completely unbelievable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank gpjohnso
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 2, 2009

This location is a one star all the way. It is the worst Holiday Express I have ever stayed in. They motel was nearly empty and I found out why. I asked for a quiet room and they put me right across from the ice machine. On check-in I was told that a lot of rooms were not cleaned that day. Nice to know. I think ours was one of them.

Some of the problems:
The pull out couch bed had popcorn all over inside.
There was mildew on the ceiling.
Huge gap at bottom of door to room.
Hair on one of the pillows.
The floor had several loose boards.
Curtains did not cover entire window letting in lots of light.
Elevator was out. Had to lug all our luggage up stairs.
Breakfast was non-existent despite the fact they had over an hour and a half to go. Eggs and meat items were gone. At least they had two cinnamon rolls left.

There are many, much better motels at lower prices just a few miles away in Lafayette. Next time I will stay there.

• Liked — The internet worked.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cubsblue
Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2007

Upon arriving, the hotel seemed clean and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. I requested a room on the first floor, and was easily accommodated. When I got to my room, the room had a strange odor. Even the fan was on in the bathroom daily. When the maids cleaned the room daily , they always left it on for that reason I think. The bedding isn't as pictured at all on the website. It's been updated to the new Holiday Inn Express white linen and there's a navy blanket at the end of the bed. Long gone is that scary bedspread that never gets washed. Most ammentiies in the room seem somewhat updated as well. I did not use the pool or the hot tub, but peaked in there and it seemed clean in appearance. The overwhelming smell of chlorine made my eyes hurt a bit though. The breakfast had decent options that changed almost every morning, but get there early or your choices seem to dwendle fast as they don't keep it full. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to any traveler passing through the area.

• Liked — Clean up to date rooms
  • Disliked — Strange odor in the bathroom
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank woobieann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Super 8 Frankfort in
Travel Inn & Suites
No photo provided
Econo Lodge Lebanon
#1 of 5 in Lebanon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Frankfort? Share your experiences!