“Nicest hotel in town”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Frankfort
Defiance, Ohio
“Nicest hotel in town”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Frankfort, Indiana for vacation to visit family. We stay there often, it is a very nice hotel very clean and the staff is all very nice. They do need to work on checking people out this is the second time we have had problems with check out the first time they tried to charge us twice we paid for our 2 night stay up front. This time we paid at the end of our stay and they couldn't fine our paper work. But overall it is a great place and easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Defiance, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2010

When we first got there we paid for our two night stay when we was ready to leave the front desk tried to charge us more money for our stay so I had to show them our paid statement.
The hotel is very clean and very nice. The breakfast bar is very nice and the hotel staff all was very nice and helpful. It was our first time in town we was there to visit family and any questions we had they was helpful to answer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retcher
IL
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I stay here a lot due to business in the area.
The service is always incredible. I have never had a problem with the manager. She is always available when I need her. The staff even called her late at night one night and she was very kind and helpful. The housekeepers do a great job and all the staff always ask me how my stay is going.
The hotel is under renovation so it gets a little noisy during the day. But the new look is wonderful. They have new beds and all the rooms have a micro/fridge now. Very handy for me. The new decor is warm and cozy.
The location is a little far off the I-65 but its right by my work so its perfect for me.
This hotel does not have a fitness center but I am told that one is being put in during the renovation. In the meantime I just walk outside. Its very quiet and in a location where I feel safe walking alone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank katiekatmil
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I am anxious to see the results of the renovation. The stay was pretty comfortable, but the manage staff was not as responsive as expected. When I needed something from the front desk, the manager was instead outside smoking in the parking lot and then rude when she had to come back inside the building. If she wasn't in her office, she was outside on a continuous break. Hence, the service was less than desirable during my and my colleagues' stay. Outside of that, the conditions were fair. I noticed that hotel was under some level of renovation; being a fan of Holiday Inn Express hotels, I am anxious to see its completion!

I hope that this lack of service was simply an exception and not simply the rule at this Holiday Inn Express location!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank DwayneKilbourne
rochester, minnesota
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I was there on business, there seemed to be a very big gossip session at the front desk upon my check in and check out...even though I waited for approximately one minute and half to get their attention. The hotel is supposed to being renovated which I can excuse but the staff was so unprofessional in all my years of business travel which is well over 39 year this bunch of people have no class, no sense of what a customer deserves. When ask for manager the lady pointed to parking lot and said she will be back in a moment she is smoking in her car...but she never did talk to me personally. Completely unbelievable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank gpjohnso
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 2, 2009

This location is a one star all the way. It is the worst Holiday Express I have ever stayed in. They motel was nearly empty and I found out why. I asked for a quiet room and they put me right across from the ice machine. On check-in I was told that a lot of rooms were not cleaned that day. Nice to know. I think ours was one of them.

Some of the problems:
The pull out couch bed had popcorn all over inside.
There was mildew on the ceiling.
Huge gap at bottom of door to room.
Hair on one of the pillows.
The floor had several loose boards.
Curtains did not cover entire window letting in lots of light.
Elevator was out. Had to lug all our luggage up stairs.
Breakfast was non-existent despite the fact they had over an hour and a half to go. Eggs and meat items were gone. At least they had two cinnamon rolls left.

There are many, much better motels at lower prices just a few miles away in Lafayette. Next time I will stay there.

• Liked — The internet worked.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cubsblue
Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2007

Upon arriving, the hotel seemed clean and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. I requested a room on the first floor, and was easily accommodated. When I got to my room, the room had a strange odor. Even the fan was on in the bathroom daily. When the maids cleaned the room daily , they always left it on for that reason I think. The bedding isn't as pictured at all on the website. It's been updated to the new Holiday Inn Express white linen and there's a navy blanket at the end of the bed. Long gone is that scary bedspread that never gets washed. Most ammentiies in the room seem somewhat updated as well. I did not use the pool or the hot tub, but peaked in there and it seemed clean in appearance. The overwhelming smell of chlorine made my eyes hurt a bit though. The breakfast had decent options that changed almost every morning, but get there early or your choices seem to dwendle fast as they don't keep it full. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to any traveler passing through the area.

• Liked — Clean up to date rooms
  • Disliked — Strange odor in the bathroom
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank woobieann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Super 8 Frankfort in
Travel Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Lebanon
Econo Lodge Lebanon
#1 of 5 in Lebanon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Frankfort? Share your experiences!