“Perfect for women that travel alone...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fortville
The Ivy House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Fortville B&B and Inns
jasper indiana
“Perfect for women that travel alone...”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I have stayed at the Ivy House 3 times, with each stay I am more pleased with my selection. Having to stay in hotels in most areas I travel, I look forward to my visits in the Fortville area, so I can stay at the Ivy House. Linda would win the "Hostess of Year" award if there were such an award. Every little detail is addressed which include: robes, turn down with candies, homemade desserts, and my favorite break dish, the Ham Souffle. I feel so welcome and safe when I stay there, it's like visiting a relative, but with more attention. I fully recommend the Ivy House to any traveler that wants to be pampered. MLSchnell Jasper Indiana

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New Castle,IN
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We chose the Ivy House B&B from their website. The home and rooms are even better in person. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with such warmth. The whole house is so clean you can smell it. The rooms are very clean and the sheets are out of this world-I even went the next day to buy myself a set. Breakfast was amazing and I even had to ask her a few recipes because after I got home I kept thinking about the food. We would highly recommend this B&B and plan to return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We just returned from a night stay at the Ivy House Bed & Breakfast and had a such a relaxing night! We live just a few miles away from the Ivy House but were looking for a one night getaway to celebrate our anniversary. We found the Ivy House online and saw all of the wonderful reviews. The Ivy House is one of the best kept secrets of this area. The house is located in the small town of Fortville. You can tell by your surroundings how much history is in the town and in the house just by looking around. The Ivy House is a very well-kept, home with beautiful antiques. It's obvious that the owners take a lot of pride in their B&B. We stayed in the English Ivy room. We were warmly welcomed by Jim & Linda, the Owners. They showed us around and had us feeling very at home from the moment we arrived. After a short nap when we arrived, we awoke to the smell of brownies baking that were left in the dining room for us. We drove to Broad Ripple and ate dinner at Mama Carolla's (about a 25 minute easy drive). Our room at the inn was immaculate and very tastefully decorated. Very cozy, comfy bedding! Breakfast consisted of a fruit mixture of pineapple, kiwi and bananas with a yummy dip, egg/ham soufflet and a delicious cranberry muffin, as well as juices, teas and coffee. Jim & Linda are both such sweet people who genuinely care about their guests. They made themselves available to us the entire time during our stay. We will definitely return to this bed and breakfast in the future...even if it is just a 20 minute drive from home. A wonderful relaxing night for these 2 parents who rarely get to experience a night away. We highly recommend it!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank purduemomof3
California
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I were visiting Indiana for a family wedding and we wanted one quiet night! We picked the right place because Jim and Linda offer a clean, quiet and warm environment. We felt we were visiting friends...Linda is someone who, as you get to know her, you feel like she has been your friend for years. Fortville is far enough out in the country that you feel like you are far away (and we live in crowded California!) but it is close enough to all the things you want and need in a suburb!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jname5
cleveland,oh
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Over the years, my husband and I have stayed at many lovely B+B's. The Ivy House is one of the very best and an unexpected gem tucked away in a charming neighborhood. The home is immaculate, the beds and 300 thread count cotton sheets a slice of heaven, and the food incredible. The innkeeper, Linda, was our favorite part of the stay. After only 2 nights, the Ivy House felt like home and Linda a new friend! If you are reading reviews for an upcoming stay, stop now, pick up the phone or jot off an email, and pray Linda and Jim have availability.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Danville, IL
Reviewed June 9, 2009

This was our 4th visit to the Ivy House...the reason we keep coming back is not just the beautiful accommodations, but because of the owners, Jim & Linda. They are so generous and genuine. Visiting with them, you can feel their enthusiasm & passion for what they do. This visit, our hot air balloon, CaZoo-ee!!, was part of the INDY Air Show.
Our early morning wake up came at 4:30 AM, yet Jim still tip-toed up to our room with a beautifully appointed tray of coffee & juice..."to-go" cups were offered to keep us awake on our short trip to the Mount Comfort Airport. The boys got their ' fix' from the variety of pops & water available from the mini-fridge. We had long days at the air field but returned to soak in the antique tubs and sleep on the most heavenly beds.
Each room we've stayed in - we've had our own bathroom and privacy - yet we feel free to use the house and porch as if it were our own home.
Most of our stays are filled with early morning ballooning, as we join with balloon pilots in the Fortville area to fly. Being from Illinois, our pilot friends put us up at the Ivy House. What a stroke of luck for us.
For the first time in all of my visits, I skipped ballooning one morning, and I got to sit and enjoy a full breakfast with the other guests. I was excited to finally eat in the dining room and be served on the gorgeous china & silver settings. I was served a huge bowl of fresh fruit, lots of hot coffee, and an offering of a variety of juices & teas were available. The breakfast casserole/coffee cake was hot & homemade, served along with crispy bacon. Yum. Everything was wonderful. The other guests were just as impressed with the Inn as I was. Conversation was fun as we got to know each other and I felt as if I had just made two new friends. My son asked for something not on the menu. Well, Jim and Linda went right to work getting him his special toast.
What a treasure this Inn is. It's set in a picturesque midwestern town, where yards are taken care of and children play at the park. Finding this Bed & Breakfast just outside of Indianapolis has been a real stroke of luck. We have gifted friends and family with a getaway trip to the Ivy House...I can't think of a better way to reward someone you love.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Henderson
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I have been meaning to do this for a bit now. What a lovely place to stay! Sometimes B & B's are wonderful and sometimes they are less than ideal. This was a page out of the must see catalogue. Everything about it was charming but upscale. It is just the perfect place for a business traveler to get away and still feel at home.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fortville
Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis NE - Noblesville
Hampton Inn and Suites Indianapolis - Fishers
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northeast / Fishers
Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Courtyard Indianapolis Noblesville

Been to The Ivy House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!