“Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fortville
The Ivy House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Fortville B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family just spent a long weekend at the Ivy House. It's a great place to stay. Linda and Jim were delightful and gracious hosts. Jim told us about the history of the house and of Fortville in general. Linda provided sumptuous breakfasts each morning. There was always a snack available, too. They were able to suggest places to visit and to eat. The rooms are extremely comfortable. Conner Prairie is only a few miles away.

We loved it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul E

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I found the Ivy House through TripAdvisor while planning a long weekend getaway. We figured we couldn't go wrong with a B&B that had all "excellent" ratings. Upon arriving we were greeted by Linda and Jim who were very welcoming hosts. We were the only guests for the time we were booked, so it was very quiet. Traffic noise outside was minimal. Off-street parking is nice and convenient. The house is tucked into the Northwest corner of Fortville, which is not far away from metro Indianapolis and some nice suburbs such as Noblesville, Fishers, and Carmel.

We stayed in the English Ivy room, which was very clean, as was the rest of the house. The ensuite bathroom was very spacious and included a clawfoot tub and separate shower. The queen 4-poster bed was comfortable.

Tea service was available at anytime in the dining room, complete with a hot water dispenser and many different bagged teas. A guest refrigerator in the dining room provided complimentary soda and bottled water. The living room was cozy and well decorated. We utilized the (electric) fireplace our first day, being that the weather was chilly.

Breakfast was great - fresh fruit, bacon, and orange french toast one morning, and fruit, cranberry muffin-cake and egg soufflé the next morning. We struck up some good conversation with Linda as we were the only guests at the breakfast table.

I feel I should share what pushed this B&B from a "very good" review into an "excellent" review. When we arrived, as Linda was showing us around the house and to our room, she informed us that brownies were about to come out of the oven for us (as part of the dining room tea service). As she handed over our room key, she asked us if we had any dietary concerns she should know about for breakfast. My wife and I both do not like nuts, and upon hearing this, Linda apologized because the brownies she had made contained walnuts. Truly, it was not a big deal and we thought nothing of it. My wife had brought along some store bought chocolate-mint cookies that we ate on our road trip and we threw the bag away in our room trash can. The next day, upon returning to the house after spending the day in Noblesville and Carmel, Linda greeted us with a bag of the exact same cookies we had brought with us to make up for the walnut brownies. A small but wonderful gesture from an attentive and gracious host.

Overall, this was a wonderful B&B with equally wonderful hosts. A must-stay on the east side of the Indianapolis area.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the second floor. English Ivy is the largest (and most expensive) with a very larg...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kelrodjr
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This bed and breakfast is wonderful! Linda and Jim made us feel right at home and were very helpful in suggesting places to dine and visit. Our room was very comfortable and cozy. We loved having hot and cold drinks available to us anytime (cookies and banana bread also!). Our breakfasts were amazing! Linda always started us out with fresh fruit followed by a delectable hot meal. The common area is a great place to relax in with its mini library and comfortable couches. The entire house is elegantly decorated and very clean! Our bed was turned down every evening upon our return and a small china plate with chocolates awaited us. We only stayed 2 nights but I would have loved to stay longer. Perfect place to stay for a quiet, relaxing and comfortable "home away from home".

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a great trip for my wife and I to this lovely bed and breakfast! The Ivy House is a wonderful getaway and is very peaceful and relaxing. Owners Jim and Linda are so welcoming and nice. My wife and I felt extremely comfortable the whole time. We loved the complementary drinks and cookies in the dining room that were available 24-7. The whole trip was perfect!!

Room Tip: Choose the English Ivy Room. Even though it is the most expensive, it is the best one and has the mo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This trip was my fourth time visiting Indiana, and while the first three times were to see the Indy 500, this time was for pure relaxation and rejuvenation. I love the Ivy House so much that I simply do not even look at other places to stay! Why chance it, when you know how perfect Ivy House is? I stayed for two weeks this time; it is just that comfortable, and Linda makes the most decadent breakfasts served on fine china. Your plate will not see eggs and toast......no....she serves fresh ingredient soufflés, stuffed French toast dishes, fresh baked goods (like lemon poppyseed muffins drizzles in lemony goodness)...getting out of bed is such a treat! I will try to post a picture or two. I always love the cozy comfy rooms, and the large common areas are very inviting, including an outdoor terrace. Travellers, save yourself time and energy and look no further for the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Each of the three rooms are excellent, private, and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mich11roadrunner
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have now stayed at The Ivy House three times. Once while we were dating, then for our first and second anniversaries. It's not much of a drive for us to get to Fortville, but it somehow feels far away. Far enough, anyway, in a good way :) We like to get settled into our beautiful room--the same one every time--and then go on a mapless adventure with our cameras. Small towns are great for this sort of thing, and you can't get too lost. My husband ended up shooting images that are now hanging in an art gallery, allowing us to tell people the story of our anniversary trip over and over. And when we're tired and ready to relax, we return to the very quiet and comforting Ivy House where we have zero worries or responsibilities, and more comforts than home. The innkeepers are consistently lovely and thoughtful, and even looked after our vegan diet for breakfast. We hope to return every year in September.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

What a hidden gem! Linda was delightful and charming - and an excellent cook - the breakfasts were to die for! The Inn was so warm and welcoming, and absolutely immaculate. The bed was so comfortable that I got the best night's sleep I've had in ages! The rooms are spacious and cozy at the same time! And the robes!! She thinks of everything. Fortville is a quiet little town but just a few miles away from lots of activity. We loved this place and will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ivy House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!