“Excellent Customer Service”

Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Fort Wayne with my extended family. Unfortunately the pool was closed due to unexpected repair. I expressed our concern for needing accommodations with a pool since we were traveling with several children. The front desk staff gave my entire family free passes to the local YMCA and saved the day! The rest of the staff we met were all friendly and extremely helpful. We will be back to stay again! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2013

In Fort Wayne for work.....nice hotel with many places to eat around it.....about 15 minutes from the airport.....has an indoor/outdoor pool.....adequate exercise room.....room was clean and the air conditioning worked on a hot and humid day.....very nice staff at the front desk.....breakfast is a buffet, but you have to pay for it.....it is worth it if you feel like eating in the hotel....I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a Larger King Room, with a pull out sofa. Good size room with fridge and microwave, pull out sofa mattress looked to be pretty worn out, but other than that good room, avg. price, pretty clean. Just make sure you get breakfast vouchers, not sure why they don't just give everyone a free breakfast like most of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nothing out of the norm for Courtyard by Marriott’s. Room was pretty standard. Comfy beds, a refrigerator that actually had a small freezer (not usually found), bath room floor could have been cleaner but the rest of the room was pretty clean. Lighting was bright, staff pleasant and helpful. Within walking distance of Cracker Barrel. The embarrassing part was, at time of check-in, the clerk said “breakfast is at 6 a.m.”. He did not indicate there would be a charge. Not knowing, we helped ourselves to the breakfast buffet. We admired the service of getting our coffee and finding napkins and flatware set up at the tables. The buffet was the same items as most buffets but nicely arranged. We were then presented a bill for $15 plus dollars. Apparently you have to make an advance reservation to receive a free voucher. We were a walk in. It was nice of the staff to waive the bill since we were not told but still very embarrassing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a nice hotel! it was a breath of fresh air...literally! We had a terrible experience next door. So bad that it was affecting my allergies severely. The Marriott got us in last minute. best decision we've made. the staff was professional and courteous. the room was clean and spacious. the breakfast, although $5 extra, was really good. $5 for our family of five isn't a bad deal. I highly recommend this hotel. Thanks Ashley and Ashley at the front desk!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I booked this hotel for myself, my husband, our children and another family we were traveling with. Since we were going to the zoo, this hotel was close to zoo and short distance to mall. I looked up rates online and found one that mentioned "two rooms, king bed, sofa bed, breakfast". I specifically called the hotel phone (not central booking) to find out more info on room. I travel frequently and know which questions to ask. I was assures this was a suite with an extra separate room that was closed off. We requested the two rooms adjoining or close. When we arrived the room was your standard king room with a sofa bed next to king bed. I went to desk and explained I was very unhappy with room since I was misled by staff. They told me that was suite room and I was told central booking mislead me. Since I called the 260 number and was talking direct to staff I was not impressed. They asked me what would make me happy. They upgraded us to the "executive suite". This had king bed in corner with three walls, still no separate door. Our friend were put around the corner from our room. Again the were not accurate because they were around three corners and down the hall a ways.

The executive room is not a room I would book for an executive. The air conditioner barely worked and would not stay on. The place was dusty and bathroom not well cleaned. The fridge was not cold.

The breakfast was just average for a hotel and since it was included with our stay it was ok. I definitely would not pay extra for it. The pool pictured on the Internet made the pool look huge, which it was not. It needed to be cleaned. My husband took the net to fish out a wasp and realized the don't empty the old bugs out of the net.

I have always been happy with this chain before but this hotel should definitely not be up to Marriott standards. With the discounted price and upgrade (term used very loosely) it was ok for one night but I won't be going back any time soon.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Although I do point out some negatives here, let me preface by saying we would HAPPILY stay here again. Overall it was a good hotel.

Stayed here as part of a group for a soccer tournament last weekend. Placing the reservation was easy, and setting up a block for our group was only about 80% effective (some families were put quite far away from the rest of the group). The staff was courteous and check-in was quick and simple.

Initially I was told the rate included free hot breakfast, and at check-in they mentioned the time breakfast was served. When we arrived at the breakfast area in the morning, they asked for our vouchers, which we were never given. They asked if we were with a group and then they provided our vouchers and seated us. The second morning, they never asked for vouchers or room number or anything. Kind of odd. This hotel would do well to just have free breakfast for all guests with vouchers given upon request to gauge the demand. The breakfast was quite good with more offerings than I'd expected.

There is no elevator, but staff offered to help with luggage, which we declined as we didn't have much with us. There are only 2 floors here so it isn't that big of a deal.

The a/c unit was off when we entered the room and it was very hot and humid. We had to turn the unit down to 60 degrees to get comfortable. Several people in our group mentioned difficulty getting the rooms adequately cool. Even though we had the do not disturb tag on the door, housekeeping entered and left a little note letting us know how to get services or towels if needed, and I think they may have turned our a/c off...so returning after a hot morning on the soccer pitch, we came back to a hot and humid room. That was the only time the a/c was turned off by staff, though.

The pool is clean and very nice. It is a bit small considering there were numerous soccer teams there with kids all wanting to use the pool and hot tub area, but it served the purpose quite nicely and all the kids seemed happy.

Another note about the staff...The second night we were there, roving groups of unsupervised teenagers and pre-teens were running through the halls causing lots of noise and obstruction. Apparently their parents felt that "parental supervision" was not their responsibility. At any rate, a single simple, polite call to the front desk was all that was necessary for staff to handle the situations promptly and professionally.
The

Room Tip: If you have need an elevator/lift, ask for a 1st floor room. Rooms in the back-middle section are a...