“Courtyard Stay”

Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Richmond, Indiana
“Courtyard Stay”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

CYFW fully meets my expectations. The staff is helpful and courteous. I have travelled to this hotel over 50 times in the past 5 years. I have conducted events and interviews for my company. They have worked with me to give me good prices on a small working budget. Thansk to all that have provided the service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JLawn, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for the feedback Will. We definitely appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next return!

Jeffrey Lawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We were in a King room, it was nice. I can't say it was spectacular, pretty much average for a Courtyard. The staff was pleasant but not overly helpful..... I would stay there again. I wish I could write a better review but everything about the stay screamed average, wasn't horrible, wasn't knock your socks off spectacular either.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank WestRoadWarrior
JLawn, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us. I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel. Hopefully the next time you are in the area we can truly “knock your socks off”.

Jeffrey Lawn
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this Courtyard in Fort Wayne. While the staff was very good and the price was right, it did not live up to the Courtyard brand, mainly because it very much needs to be renovated. It feels very dated. It also does not have the updated lobby with the Bistro most have. I book Courtyards in part because of the Bistro which is a helpful option to business travelers, including an inviting place to use lobby WIFI and healthy dining options. They had a breakfast buffet which I did not try because I wanted healthy, light options not all you can eat. I also am not a fan of the location behind the Cracker Barrel.

As I travel to Fort Wayne often, please, please update this Courtyard. I won't stay there until you do.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lplsally
JLawn, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the honest feedback. I agree that i can not wait to get the new Bistro concept. It is a great feature in Courtyards! I am glad to hear our staff was able to accomidate you. We are expecting some upgrades later this year including new furniture, carpet, and a few other items later this year.

Come back and try us again once we finish all of our 2013 updates!

Perry, Ohio
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We were in Fort Wayne for a friends wedding and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I got a great deal on this hotel on priceline.com and even though the pictures make the hotel look dated the rooms are immaculate and the beds are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO comfy. The staff was friendly, professional and quickly got us checked in even though we didn't get to Ft. Wayne until almost 11PM. I will definitely being staying here the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great feedback!! It is always great to hear we were spotless with your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the new Sealy mattresses.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night for my son's basketball tournament at Spiece. Upon checking in I was met with a warm greeting. (Impressed #1). Our room was very clean with comforable beds.(Impressed #2) The staff presented free popcorn - and quickly and quietly cleaned up any stray pieces on the floor. (Impressed #3) The breakfast was warm and the staff was quick to refill food and take empty items away. (Impressed #4) When I couldn't find my Marriott Rewards number, Rachel at the front desk e-mailed me laster that she had found it and had applied it to my trip. (Impressed #5) Thank you for making this a pleasurable trip. I will be back in three weeks and look forward to my stay. ~Stephanie

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sarah B, Sales Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for the amazing feedback. We take pride in being a clean and friendly hotel. We are thrilled that your group had such a wonderful stay with us and we can not wait for your return.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Sarah Brezik
cherokee village, AR
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We always stay at Courtyard when we travel to Fort Wayne. I can get a good price through an online website, and the staff is so courteous. One year they even allowed me to have my kids Christmas in front of the fireplace in the lobby. (I live out of state and the kids all met me here at a central location.)

I am looking forward to staying there these next two nights;. Some of these reviews I read have convinced me that people are just trying to find fault with ANYTHING ( i.e. the room was locked on the second day.) This has NOTHING to do with the motel as much as clerical oversight. Some people need to lighten up and enjoy life. See you soon, Fort Wayne!
Tom and Connie C.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LaPorte,IN
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had a large group staying at this hotel for my son's wedding, about 20 rooms. The facility was very clean, but could use a little updating and an elevator. The staff, however, was exceptional. They arranged for us to use their atrium for a hospitality area between the ceremony and reception and also after the reception. In fact, since they are not allowed to give out room numbers, the staff called everyone in our party to invite them for us. They also switched rooms around so our elderly family members did not have as far to walkvery far. Everyone in our group complimented the staff and said what a great place the hotel was,especially for the group rate we were given which included breakfeast. Overall, a great experience and very convenient for a rewception at the sherriff's reserve hall!

Room Tip: King suites on 2nd floor are very roomy.