“This hotel doesn't meet Courtyard standards”

Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Indianapolis
“This hotel doesn't meet Courtyard standards”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is an older two story Courtyard without an elevator. While the check-in staff was friendly it did not make up for the overall experience. My room was very dimly lit and had older wallpaper. The sheer curtains were very dirty. The carpet looked updated and there was a flat pannel TV. I was given an upgraded room with a jetted tub; however, when I filled it up there were things floating in the water so I didn't get in. The shower had stained grout and there was what appeared to be dried blood on one tile. The Fairfield Inn down the street is a much newer and nicer hotel...I'm sorry I didn't stay there.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Debbie G
JLawn, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you so much for commenting on your stay with us, I deeply apologize that you had to encounter these experiences. The Courtyard Fort Wayne is not the newest hotel, but we strive to be the CLEANIST and friendliest hotel in Fort Wayne. We have obviously missed the mark here.

Please consider giving us another opportunity when you are coming in, your stay with us is definitely atypical. I would be more than happy to ensure the room is in top shape before your arrival. We are excited to show you our hotel again with our best foot forward!

Thanks Again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Wonderful staff! Comfy beds and linens, clean rooms!

There is NO elevator at this property FYI!

I have stayed there before and wouldnt hesitate going back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the great response! The staff always enjoys the feedback!

It is unfortunate that there is no elevator, but luckily the staff is always more than willing to help with luggage! We can’t wait to see you again!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We were not sure where to stay for our recent trip to Ft. Wayne and reluctantly stayed here after others in our party did the same. I have to say, I was surprised how nice the property was. Very clean...our rooms were in excellent condition with two big screen TVs and nice, comfy beds.

I agree with reviewers who complained about the pay breakfast but they do offer quite a lot if you're interested...we did what many do and walked to the Cracker Barrel next door (there is also an IHOP across the street).

The free popcorn was a nice touch...the pool is a little small and oddly situated behind all glass in the lobby but it was nice enough.

Good value for the money and close to all things on the northern/eastern side of Ft. Wayne.

Room Tip: Go for rooms close to door 1 or 2...doors 3 and 4 are on the other side of the hotel and not close t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
JLawn, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. It sounds like you had the pleasure of enjoying one of our executive king suites. You are correct that our breakfast buffett is quite full for $8.95. We also have the opportunity to order anything in the cafe al la cart. Im glad you enjoyed the pop corn, we love that smell in our lobby every evening.

Thanks again for the feedback,

Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I should have known something was up when I saw the 85.00 price but I had never been to Indiana before. It reminded me of a decent days inn -but it was never converted. There was paper cups instead of glass ware, the most exposed pool i've ever seen. There's a big glass window in the lobby to show off the pool. It was super small and not deep. I saw no point to it at all. The entire hotel made me feel like the carpet needed to come up, the place just needs to seriously be updated. I didn't eat the breakfast they served.. I skipped it. Over all I would have stayed downtown. There's a million budget hotels in the area- I just expected this to be a courtyard- and not at all up to my business trip expectations. The wifi was fine- in fact the wireless hotspot was actually sitting in my room for some reason-laugh. Despite the hotels lack luster- the employees there were cherry- happy and very helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JLawn, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on your stay with us. I wanted to follow up on your concerns with the hotel carpet. Since your stay in April we have had the entire hotel carpet repair and professionally cleaned. Thank you for commenting on our great staff. They truly pride themselves on providing a great customer service experience.

Thank you once again for your response!

Travelers are raving about these Fort Wayne hotels

Detroit, MI
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were lucky enough to stay here after having car trouble on I-69. Lobby is beautiful, with large screen televisions, two station business center, and the buttery smell of free popcorn everday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. They have a small convenience store in the corner by the front desk and the front desk staff were polite and friendly. Room was comfortable. Not extremely dated but not remodeled either. Had a fridge in room without requesting it. Conveniently located being Cracker Barrel, a Chinese Restaurant and a gas station with subs. Across the freeway is an IHop and other places to eat.

Transmission repair shop was mile away, and hotel allowed us to pay an additional $40 for late day checkout by 6:00 p.m. Truck was ready at 5, but we should have stayed an additional night, just for the comfort.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
JLawn, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Mcbarber,

Thank you for the great review. I very much remember you! I am glad you were finally able to make it back to Detroit with your truck. I know it is rough when a 1 day repair turns into 3 and almost 4. Hopefully your next trip will be much more successful.

Thanks Mcbarber,

Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My new wife and I spent our wedding night at the CY and found the staff very accomodating, the facilities were clean and in good repair. We stayed in one of the jacuzzi rooms and enjoyed it very much. We didn't get to have breakfast due to the holiday, and did not see the fitness center. Overall, I was pleased with my single night stay at the CY.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Peoria
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The young man, Joshua, in reception was most welcoming and made us feel comfortable as soon as we arrived. The room was clean, bathroom modern and all the plumbing worked. Tv was flat screen but still CRT. Wifi worked well, exercise room had only one treadmill but there were exercise bikes, stairmaster, and most important cleaning wipes! Breakfast was up to the usual good Marriott standard. Overall, it was what I have come to expect from Courtyard by Marriott, no surprises, just solid value. If I could, I would give it three and a half stars.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
JLawn, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Wayne, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for your review!

We are always excited to see great reviews about our fantastic staff! Expecially when they get mentioned by name!

I am sorry to say you missed our brand new flat screen TVs by 1 day! As of 11/16/2011 we have completed the entire hotel in brand new TVs and were able to get rid of all those old CRTs!

Thanks again for the review! We are excited to see you again when you return to Fort Wayne.