“Great Place”

Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South
Sheguiandah
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent room,don't serve a continental breakfast, staff are very friendly, the place is designed for longer stays, it is a little out of the way but nice and quiet, no highway noise
Would recommend the place and would stay there again, it was competitively priced , relatively new construction, felt like you were in your own home, they even had ice in the freezer

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ernie P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Ernie - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for wonderful comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate knowing that you felt like you were in your home away from home! I apologize about not offering a Continental Breakfast; however, most of our properties do have a grab and go breakfast, which includes hot coffee.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed this stay. It was our first time at an extended stay and were very pleased. Large room with a nice kitchenette. We were surprised to see s breakfast to go as good as some offering "breakfast".

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank landyachty
Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad that your first stay with us was pleasant and that you enjoyed our fully equipped kitchen and the grab and go breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I decided to try this hotel on a recommendation from a business colleague. Mediocre at best! Staff was friendly but failed to properly code my room key which prohibited my access to the building, with a fair amount of luggage, after parking in the back. The desk clerk permitted a group of loud, obnoxious guests to congregate in the lobby for several hours late into the evening. This same group had re-congregated by 6:30 am and managed to drink most of the coffee except for the 'dishwater'. Add the overnight ice storm and the failure to salt or clear the lot and walks. What more can I say but you get what you pay for! There's far better hotels down the street for a few dollars more!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with your key and that there were several people gathering in our lobby, I have taken the time to discuss the need for crowd control with my desk staff, as well as spoken with my snow plow company regarding the icy parking lot. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will make certain that my desk agents and hotel managers call the plow company in a more timely manner. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your candor. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at avasile@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My stay lasted three weeks. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Candice one of the staff members was really kind and very helpful when i needed information for areas in and around the town. Also she was very kind and pleasant to just have a conversation with. The rooms were clean and well taken care of but could of had more kitchen supplies. Overall my stay was great.

• Stayed March 2013
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
Wolcottville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay! The staff from check in to check out were great! They were very friendly, courtious, professional. And not just Jamie and Jamie behind the desk but the maintance, cleaning staff also! The room was very clean, and from what we saw the rest of the hotel was clean! We will be staying there again! and I have and will recomend it anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Staff has been great. Jamie and Candice at the desk are very knowledgable about the area. Thae maintance men are quick to fix any issues that have arised.
Only bad things have been slow internet and very few channels on the TV.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
Indiana
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Upon check-in I was greeted with a "what up" by Matt from behind the counter. I replied "umm...hello" and stated I have an reservation. I asked bout the Wi-Fi password and was told its been out for several days and corporate is working on getting it up and running. My room is located on 3rd floor and although this is a non-smoking facility....you could not help but notice the very strong odor once you stepped off the elevator. Down the ha and into our room. *sidenote: I did not realize they allow pets until I was greeted by a large lab and its owner with no shoes on the elevator with us* Freaked me out!
Once in our room, I started to unpack and fill up the fridge when I discovered I needed ice, did you know they don't have an ice machine? Well if they do I couldn't find it so I went down to ask Matt and he wasn't around he was assisting the Police Dept. went back to my room and found no TV remote control. Called lobby no answer, went down stairs again and found Matt he says he will check in maintenance room and if not he will have one brought up from an unoccupied room. *my wording, not his* Matt is not very professional and while we were talking he felt the need to read a text *fiddle with his cell* I was done at that point went upstairs called customer service requested a refund and was told they wi notify front desk and go ahead and leave. Megan the 800 customer service rep was very apologetic and I thanked her, so now let's see how long it will take for my refund to show on my card. *sigh*

• Stayed March 2013
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that my staff and I failed to provide you with the exceptional service that you deserved. To prevent this from happening again, my hotel management team will be more vigilant about the smoking in guest rooms, as well as the importance of achieving a timely resolution to issues our guests deserve. I am truly grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at avasile@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.