“Great value for business traveler”

Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South
Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked my room online; however I had never stayed at an Extended Stay before so I was a little nervous. When I checked in, I found out that I had been made "guest of the day." I travel often and never seen a hotel do that before. The room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area. The only cons were the lack of breakfast and an ice machine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind word

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America Fort Wayne South and had a very nice time. The hotel staff are very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The rooms are just right for a night or a longer stay. I even spoke to the day manager Jamie and she was a pleasure. I wish more hotels were run like this hotel; if they were, business travel would be much more pleasurable. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Fort Wayne for business or pleasure. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I needed a room for one weekend night and was having trouble finding an economical one at a place with a good rating. Then I found this extended stay facility had a discounted rate for the weekend I needed. Instead of trying to use a coupon at a conventional motel, for a lower price I got a reservation at a clean, quiet facility where the room not only had a microwave, but even a full-sized refrigerator. The only minor drawback is that the place is at the end of a fairly long, twisty access road.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This Extended Stay is very close to my office (less than half a mile) and allows me to avoid an hour drive one way 5 days a week ( besides saving time, also saves money on gas, and is safer than driving home very tired). The room was clean and very comfortable. More chairs and table space than normal and the temperature control worked correctly to keep a cofortable temperature at will. The bed was more comfortable than my own a home, and since I didn't have to leave so early, l got more/better quality sleep ( important since I'm a dentist). The staff was friendly and helpful, even assisting me moving my belongings (I have bad knees and don't walk well). Since the rooms are off a hall rather than an outside door, I felt very safe as staying alone as a woman. I highly recomend this facility for any traveler-from business to family. I forgot to mention that the wifi is free. I certainly will look for Extended Stay Hotels elswhere when I travel. I give this Extended Stay in Fort Wayne IN five stars.

• Stayed: August 2012
Jami W, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Wayne - South. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had to stay somewhere while moving into our new home as our closing was delayed, and this place was close by and reasonably priced. We stayed here for almost 3 weeks.
The front desk staff is nice and helpful. Our room was renovated and had a very small kitchen, which we appreciated having! The beds were fairly hard.
Our SUV was broken into, a back window smashed, and tools stolen out of the back... a bunch of cars were broken into that night in the hotel parking lot. I don't know if this is common, but it was a HUGE inconvenience for us! The staff was concerned for those whose cars were damaged, and they had the sheriff out there right away. I would recommend parking out front near the lights if I were you.
Altogether it is fine for the price if you need an extended stay hotel. If you can afford to paymore, and need to stay in this part of town, I would recommend the Comfort Suites on Coventry Lane, where we stayed for one night (using my hotel points).

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor at the back of the hotel. There was a lot of noise from the people...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your vehicle was broken into during your stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am asking my staff to make extra rounds of the building during the overnight hours and have been checking daily that none of my parking lot lights are out. If it is any consolation, we have not had another vehicle break in reported to us since August 2011. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at avasile@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

i stay here because my son had a basketball game in town the hotel was a short trip away and i will use them agian

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Jami W, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

"Thank you so very much for your positive review of Extended Stay America Fort Wayne - South. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

From check-in to present, the staff and management has always been available to help us with anything we needed. Jamie Potts is a wonderful person and manager. Always pleasant and willing to take an extra step. My wife and I and our dog have been here for almost a year now and don't have any immediate plans of leaving. Everything here is so convenient. The location is great. Rob and David have helped us extensively.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Jami W, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Wayne - South, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Mr. Green,

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Fort Wayne - South. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Robert Dawson