All reviewssignature inncracker barrel restaurantsmall sofaspent one nightstandard farecheck in was quick and easylate checkmicrowave ovenan older hotela king size bedroom was largefort wayne areacomfortable hotelgreat ratewafflesdesk staffwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed July 24, 2012

so we were staying on the first floor, smelled super weird, we got in our room, and it smelled like a nasty dirty diaper, like someone hid one in the room. there were stains all over the top cover, which looked like it had never been washed, there were stains all over the bedskirt so i had to make sure everytime i got out of the bed not to touch the blood or poop or whatever it was. the room was not cleaned at all, someone just fixed the bed with new sheets and thats it. there was other peoples trash still in the room. so indianas new law is you cant smoke within a certain amount of feet either 15 or 25 not sure, from the building, wake up and start to leave and by side exit theres all the employees smoking right outside the door. so i ended up smelling like smoke until i could get back to the hotel later to change. THEN we checked out and the next day look at the statement and they charged us for supposedly smoking in the room, i ended up getting the money back i think because i dont smoke, its one of the most disgusting things to me. the hotel is just trying to get money out of people who dont look at their final bill.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julz2024
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked our room last minute during a motorcycle rally " Wing Ding". When we arrived during an extreme heat wave our room air conditioner was turned on, that was really nice. The staff were always helpful and smiling. It was very busy at this hotel due to this rally but we always had plenty of towels in our room and by the pool. The breakfast was pretty basic but good. The rooms were clean but the corners needed a little bit more attention. If I was to return to fort Wayne I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was a solo business traveler and just needed a hotel in Fort Wayne for one weekday night. I got a good AAA rate. Location was close to major highway, right across the street from a Cracker Barrel, so you have an easy dinner/breakfast option there. While the hotel itself smelled smoky in the hallway, the actual room was great. I could tell it was recently remodeled. Nice comfy king sized bed, sofa, desk, chair, lots of room, clean. Don't bother with the continental breakfast. It was about an 8 minute drive to the Coliseum, although I was going during morning rush hour. Overall, nice hotel for a quick business trip, but probably wouldn't recommend for a lengthier stay with a family.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I spent one night in this hotel and found it very satisfactory. It was surprisingly quiet, the staff were helpful and friendly, breakfast was good and the bed gave me the best night's sleep I have had in a long time. One small problem was the bath - I took a shower, and when I stepped into the rather slippery tub my feet shot from under me and I found myself on the floor, wrapped in the shower curtain. This has taught me to look in future; I mentioned it and I feel sure they'll provide mats!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Maus59
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Folks -- I've lived out of a hotel for the last six months in the Midwest USA (IL, OH, MT, WA, ND, MN) and Europe (England, Spain, Scotland). The sign says the place has been remodeled and they are not kidding. I'm a card carrying member that gets points from the two hotels next door and I chose a really nice place to stay over points.

The folks at the front desk are more than accomodating and when it came to ordering a pizza delivery because Ft. Wayne got clobbered with snow, the gal at the front offered me her own personal pizza coupons so I'd get a discount. Even the pizza guy said "wow, this is a really nice place".

Cracker Barrel is right is across the street and the Thai food place wasn't bad either!

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a king sized bed, you're not going to believe how big the rooms are -- I stayed in 104.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business