“very nice stay”

Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed June 23, 2008

My wife and I stayed for one night june 21. First I had to change my reservation to a larger room the day before because my wife coming along was a last minute thing. This was accomidated with no problems at all, which was somewhat of a surprise considering when I made the change I did it through the hotels website and did not speak to anyone at the property until check in. The bathroom was considerably more spacious than most hotal bathrooms tend to be. The granite counter tops and textured tile floor were very nice high end touches. Plenty of extra towels and t.p. were on hand on shelves under the counter. The room was clean and the bathroom spotless. Only slight downside was a small chip in the tub, but we are talking one paint chip a mere one third the size of a penny. Very much nothing to cause concern. The pool was slightly over chlorinated, but very slightly at that. Not enough to cause any eye discomfort. It is relatively small but quite nice. I did not try the hot tub. The corridors and elevators were clean. The tile in the lobby and downstairs areas positively gleamed. The breakfast was certainly a big improvement on the typical "continental breakfast" that was attended to by a very friendly and helpful Grandmotherly like lady.

The only downside to my stay was it seems the cleaning staff are not able to read. I went down for breakfast and to use the business center while my wife slept in. I placed the do not disturb card in the card key slot on the door before I left. On my return, my wife informed me that while she was in the bathroom somebody opened the door to the room.

I am assuming the cleaning staff could not read any of the languages printed on the do not disturb card by the simple fact that it is the only possible explanation I would find acceptable for ignoring it in the first place.

What if one of us had been getting dressed at the time? I can think of several other more embarassing possibilities.

Since people check out at different times it seems a simple enough matter for the hotel desk to give a list of rooms to the cleaning staff and update it every hour or so to ensure that rooms still occupied are left undisturbed.

Overall I am still quite satisfied with my stay and would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 24, 2008

Phone First prices when you call are sometimes cheaper then listed on the website. great large rooms, marble counter in bathroom. Free highspeed wirelees.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2008

After a terrible experience with a nearby hotel, we found this gem of a place. The hotel outside is clean, the entrance to the front desk, the floor shines, and the desk clerks are amazing. They listened to our horrid experience from the hotel prior and helped us to find a great room for our anniversary. I asked to look at the room, was given a key and was tickled pink upon looking at the room.
We stayed on the 4th floor, in a jacuzzi room with king bed. The entire hotel smelled so clean and fresh. The decor is up to date, you didn't see broken down furniture and torn wallpaper, like in the last hotel we were at. There was even music in the elevator. The room was fantastic, very cushiony soft bed, clean floors, tubs, mirrors. No complaints! The breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage, english muffins, strawberry muffins, waffles, orange juice, milk, hot chocolate, robust, regular, and decaf coffee, as well as cold cereal and fruits.
The desk clerk even made us a goody bag so we might feel better after our terrible experience. We will definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Nice place near a lot of restaurants. It was a little expensive compared to other Hampton’s. I think it’s because they have a lot of corporate travelers during the week. The weekend might be less expensive.

The hotel is visible from the highway...but it is off a side street that is a little hard to find.

They have a nice Manager’s Happy Hour each night!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2007

Not having stayed at too many Hamptons, I was afraid this one would be overpriced. We found however, that this hotel was cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express and one other nearby hotel at the time we booked it.
The decor and upkeep of the inside hotel and outside grounds was very pleasing. Our room was quiet and seemed quite clean. The bathroom had great ceramic tile and granite countertops, which was a nice change from the norm. We couldn't find a convenient hook near the sink though to hang our hand towel.
Breakfast the next day was more than adequate, however, the selection wasn't great at 9:30. The buffet closes at 10, so get there earlier, so you have more options.
All in all, this hotel was right for the price. It wasn't perfect, but very few places are! We probably would stay here again if we needed a hotel in Fort Wayne.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2006

This hotel is great - they have a wonderful, ultra-helpful staff and manager, with a fine location right off I-69. The beds were SO comfortable, the rooms very clean, the front desk efficient and very helpful (like a 5-star hotel at a 3-star price). I would recommend this hotel most highly.

However one caution - phone first - if the hotel is booked for a soccer event, check elsewhere. The hotel did a great job in managing the crowd on a Friday evening after 10 p.m., but not if you want to use the pool and whirlpool before 10 p.m, or until 9 a.m the next day. Unfortunately, we did not get to use the pool or whirlpool because of the kids staying there during our visit, but both looked wonderful!

During a really busy time, the front desk recommended a great local restaurant and even called ahead to try to make reservations for us (this restaurant doesn't take reservations, but they were equally wonderful at immediately seating us for a wonderful meal once we arrived).

The hotel staff made sure I had a map and very clear directions to get to an important business meeting the next day. They have free wireless Internet access and a small business center for business travelers.

The breakfast buffet (included in the room rate) was very satifiying - I arrived back from a meeting after breakfast had officially closed down - the wonderful food-service staff made sure I got something hot to eat on a cold, rainy day - and did so with a genuine smile!

Note: Nearby CASA RISTORANTE has an extensive menu and a very festive ambience (although a little loud on a Friday evening). Try their grouper for dinner - you will not be disappointed. I live in the Chicago-metro area and this restaurant is much better than anything we have locally at a far better price.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank wandererwanabee
Reviewed March 18, 2006

This hotel is a hidden gem.
I have stayed at MANY hampton inn hotels, some better than others. This particular location gets my vote for BEST.
The beds are AMAZING. The comforters are absolutely luxurious, and felt so wonderful. The beds are more comfortable than anything I could ever imagine. I didnt want to wake up in the morning!

This hotel is very clean, and being a germaphobe I am a stickler on clean! The breakfast is wonderful and hot. They had a dome full of the most DECLICIOUS donuts.

I tend to rate hotels only based on those criteria. Clean, good breakfast, good beds. This one gets an A+++++. The front desk was timely, helpful, and polite.

No complaints at all!
Will hopefully come back again and again!

• Stayed: March 2006