“Nice and clean.”

Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a nice place to stay. The staff was really friendly. The rooms were clean and updated. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. The room had a small fridge so it was good to keep cold drinks and water. There is also a microwave so you can heat up food if required. The room had a large LCD TV which was nice. Most of the cable channels were available. Wireless internet access is included and the signal was good. I watched Netflix on my phone without issues. The only problem I had was with the low water pressure in the shower. I also had a sticky room door that I couldn't open without trying a few times. Minor issues that hopefully the hotel management will address.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
drobertson7811, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your review. We love to hear from our guests! I am so happy to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us! You will be glad to hear that we are in the middle of performing preventative maintenance on all of our guest room doors. We also changing out the shower cartridge in that particular room to improve pressure. Thank you again for the feedback, we are thrilled that you were happy with the service and cleanliness of our Hampton Inn.

Derrick Robertson
Hampton Inn Southwest

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Kind of hard to find. You can see it from I-69 but hard to get to. Nice area. good parking, great front desk staff. Great rooms, very clean and great beds. Had a happy hour with drinks and food when we arrived. Quite and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to place you feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Derrick Robertson
Hampton Inn Southwest

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I chose this Hampton Inn (I was traveling to Fort Wayne and South Bend) because it is located next to Eagle Marsh Nature Preserve, which has some walking/running trails for a little morning run.

The hotel is standard Hampton Inn, pleasant staff, decent buffet breakfast, free wifi, etc. and it's located off I-69 and Hwy 24. The road to the hotel isn't the easiest to find, since you have to snake your way around Olde Canal Pl. which is adjacent to the park as well.

There are restaurants close by for you fellow travelers, and having the nature preserve within a few steps is great for a quick morning run that isn't on a busy street.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark L
Derrick R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Hello Mlindzy,
Thank you so much choosing our Hampton Inn! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Fort Wayne!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Fort Wayne is a bit out of the way. Yes, it's near I-69 but the hotel is only accessible on a service road off West Jefferson which only has a couple of office buildings, Indiana Wesleyan University and an Extended Stay America. There are several hotels on the opposite side of I-69 and quite a few restaurants as well. There is virtually nothing on this side of the interstate, which means you will definitely need a car if you stay here.

The hotel has a nice breakfast area and lobby. They offer a nice breakfast of cereal, juice, waffles, and a few selections which change daily including a breakfast meat like sausage or bacon. The bottom floor also has an indoor pool/jacuzzi area and an outdoor patio with a propane grill for guests. They even lended me a spatula to get up the burgers. The bottom floor also features a business center and a fitness center, complete with treadmills and weights.

The room is clean and comfortable. I travel a lot and prefer Hampton Inns because of their comfortable beds. This hotel was no exception. The window had a view overlooking the parking lot, but I'm not sure any room had a good view. There's nothing much scenic in the area. The wireless internet was rather slow.

Overall, I'd say this hotel offered a good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank weary_traveller25

Hello Wearly_traveller25,
Thank you for the feedback concerning your stay with us! We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed March 9, 2012

The floor I stayed on was recently renovated and the decorating seemed updated and fresh. Room was generally clean (a little bit of dust that I think was from the recent renovation) and very comfortable. The AC/heating unit worked VERY well and the bed was quite comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My only real complaint is the water pressure in the shower was a bit lacking. Aside from that, it was a great stay and I was truly impressed with the free breakfast options. I would recommend and would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the newly renovated rooms on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chippi1

Dear Chippi1,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we really appreciate it. You will be glad to hear that we have completed our renovation and all floors are now new! Also, we have fixed the problems with our water pressure. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn Southwest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is an otherwise fine Hampton, but the hot water was just a tiny trickle in the shower. I notified the front desk when I left. Not sure if they did anything about it since I didn't have time to switch rooms before I needed to leave. As a business traveler, I'm looking for a hot shower in the morning, a comfortable bed, a hot breakfast, and reliable wifi. This place gave me 3 of the 4.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the hot water before you go to bed. In the morning, it will be too late to do anyt...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank joelinda

Dear Joelinda,
I would like to update you on the water pressure trouble you experienced during your stay with us. We have resolved all water pressure problems and are happy to say that we are completed renovated! I hope you will give us another chance to earn you as a guest. I think we can make it four of four on your list!

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Have stayed here several times..generally the staff is good and service to o. Location is a plus and lots of options nearby to eat and shop.

• Stayed: April 2011