“A solid budget hotel, close to a park preserve with running paths!”

Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Chicago, Illinois
“A solid budget hotel, close to a park preserve with running paths!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I chose this Hampton Inn (I was traveling to Fort Wayne and South Bend) because it is located next to Eagle Marsh Nature Preserve, which has some walking/running trails for a little morning run.

The hotel is standard Hampton Inn, pleasant staff, decent buffet breakfast, free wifi, etc. and it's located off I-69 and Hwy 24. The road to the hotel isn't the easiest to find, since you have to snake your way around Olde Canal Pl. which is adjacent to the park as well.

There are restaurants close by for you fellow travelers, and having the nature preserve within a few steps is great for a quick morning run that isn't on a busy street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark L
Derrick R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Hello Mlindzy,
Thank you so much choosing our Hampton Inn! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Fort Wayne!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Fort Wayne is a bit out of the way. Yes, it's near I-69 but the hotel is only accessible on a service road off West Jefferson which only has a couple of office buildings, Indiana Wesleyan University and an Extended Stay America. There are several hotels on the opposite side of I-69 and quite a few restaurants as well. There is virtually nothing on this side of the interstate, which means you will definitely need a car if you stay here.

The hotel has a nice breakfast area and lobby. They offer a nice breakfast of cereal, juice, waffles, and a few selections which change daily including a breakfast meat like sausage or bacon. The bottom floor also has an indoor pool/jacuzzi area and an outdoor patio with a propane grill for guests. They even lended me a spatula to get up the burgers. The bottom floor also features a business center and a fitness center, complete with treadmills and weights.

The room is clean and comfortable. I travel a lot and prefer Hampton Inns because of their comfortable beds. This hotel was no exception. The window had a view overlooking the parking lot, but I'm not sure any room had a good view. There's nothing much scenic in the area. The wireless internet was rather slow.

Overall, I'd say this hotel offered a good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank weary_traveller25
Hello Wearly_traveller25,
Thank you for the feedback concerning your stay with us! We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and look forward to serving you again in the future!
St.Louis
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The floor I stayed on was recently renovated and the decorating seemed updated and fresh. Room was generally clean (a little bit of dust that I think was from the recent renovation) and very comfortable. The AC/heating unit worked VERY well and the bed was quite comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My only real complaint is the water pressure in the shower was a bit lacking. Aside from that, it was a great stay and I was truly impressed with the free breakfast options. I would recommend and would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the newly renovated rooms on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chippi1
Dear Chippi1,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we really appreciate it. You will be glad to hear that we have completed our renovation and all floors are now new! Also, we have fixed the problems with our water pressure. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn Southwest and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Dallas
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is an otherwise fine Hampton, but the hot water was just a tiny trickle in the shower. I notified the front desk when I left. Not sure if they did anything about it since I didn't have time to switch rooms before I needed to leave. As a business traveler, I'm looking for a hot shower in the morning, a comfortable bed, a hot breakfast, and reliable wifi. This place gave me 3 of the 4.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the hot water before you go to bed. In the morning, it will be too late to do anyt...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank joelinda
Dear Joelinda,
I would like to update you on the water pressure trouble you experienced during your stay with us. We have resolved all water pressure problems and are happy to say that we are completed renovated! I hope you will give us another chance to earn you as a guest. I think we can make it four of four on your list!
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Have stayed here several times..generally the staff is good and service to o. Location is a plus and lots of options nearby to eat and shop.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Antaryami
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My girlfriends and I get together a couple times a year for shopping, eating, and visiting. This time we chose the Hampton Southwest, and we were very pleased. The cleanliness, the staff, the reservation process, and the location were all perfect. I was disappointed to read previous reviews about theft; we were there two nights and left all kinds of things in the room.....no problem for us.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a quiet part of town, so I honestly don't think there would be a bad room in th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Charlene A
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My daughter and I spent 5 nights at this hotel. The hotel itself was fine, however my daughter and I had about $350 worth of things stolen over several days. I made a report to the management after the first few things were missing, and the following day we had more things taken. In talking to some of the other guests during breakfast, I found out that they had things taken from their room as well. Again, they talked to the management team, but nothing was done. They told me that the hotel was not responsible for my loss, and that their insurance representatives said they wer not responsible as well. Hampton Inn made no effort to compensate me in any way for the loss. I typically stay at Hampton Inn's and Hilton Hotels, but I will not be supporting this company anymore. I plan to tell as many people as I can about the lack of concern and customer service I experienced. Never again Hampon and Hilton - no class.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank David G
Derrick R, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Hello David,
I understand how frustrating it can be to feel as though you have not been heard. I am terribly sorry for any problems you experienced during your stay with us. I want to assure you that all of our associates undergo an extensive background check, and we do not tolerate inapropriate behavior of any kind. Although extremely rare, in a case of a theft complaint we would do a very thorough investigation which involves several safety measures we have in place and interviews with any and all associates which may have knowledge of the situation. We take these things very seriously and care very much. Again, I am so sorry that you have been unsatisfied with the steps that we have taken.