“Good place with nice service”

Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Have stayed here several times..generally the staff is good and service to o. Location is a plus and lots of options nearby to eat and shop.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Antaryami

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My girlfriends and I get together a couple times a year for shopping, eating, and visiting. This time we chose the Hampton Southwest, and we were very pleased. The cleanliness, the staff, the reservation process, and the location were all perfect. I was disappointed to read previous reviews about theft; we were there two nights and left all kinds of things in the room.....no problem for us.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a quiet part of town, so I honestly don't think there would be a bad room in th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlene A
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My daughter and I spent 5 nights at this hotel. The hotel itself was fine, however my daughter and I had about $350 worth of things stolen over several days. I made a report to the management after the first few things were missing, and the following day we had more things taken. In talking to some of the other guests during breakfast, I found out that they had things taken from their room as well. Again, they talked to the management team, but nothing was done. They told me that the hotel was not responsible for my loss, and that their insurance representatives said they wer not responsible as well. Hampton Inn made no effort to compensate me in any way for the loss. I typically stay at Hampton Inn's and Hilton Hotels, but I will not be supporting this company anymore. I plan to tell as many people as I can about the lack of concern and customer service I experienced. Never again Hampon and Hilton - no class.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank David G
Derrick R, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Wayne-Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Hello David,
I understand how frustrating it can be to feel as though you have not been heard. I am terribly sorry for any problems you experienced during your stay with us. I want to assure you that all of our associates undergo an extensive background check, and we do not tolerate inapropriate behavior of any kind. Although extremely rare, in a case of a theft complaint we would do a very thorough investigation which involves several safety measures we have in place and interviews with any and all associates which may have knowledge of the situation. We take these things very seriously and care very much. Again, I am so sorry that you have been unsatisfied with the steps that we have taken.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

If you're looking for a place to hold a meeting, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. I booked the conference room 3 weeks earlier, confirmed when I arrived the night before (should have guessed when he didn't check a book, just cheerily said I was all set) then got up the next day to be told "they weren't expecting me.". OK. Averted that crisis, then never saw a soul the restnof my meeting. Had to ask twice to have the trash emptied in the room after lunch (just had a lunch meeting & dinner meeting so no one was in there) eventually had to change the table linens myself, and bring a washcloth from my room to wipe down the counters. If you want attention, go elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank OpinionGetter
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Beds are very comfortable, rooms extremely clean, and the front desk is very helpful. The hotel is in a secluded area - however, there are a few businesses, and this place is very peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Venusflytraplover
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Professional service, free internet, small but decent gym, free breakfast, great prices for clean and comfortable room.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We would not hesitate to stay here again. My biggest priority in a hotel is clean and this place is spotless.

Other nice things:
Our family of 5 had a king room with sleeper sofa. We had a roll away brought in too. Plenty of space even with the beds unfolded. Love that all of the bedding, comforters etc are washed fresh between uses. Love that!

Pool was warm and the hot tub hot, but not too hot.

Free WiFi is a wonderful thing.

Breakfast had lots of choices. Fresh made waffles, that is always a nice thing. 4 types of cereal, hard boiled eggs, all sorts of bread items (English muffins, bagels, donuts, coffee cake, chocolate muffins, bread for toast etc). Two hot items that changed each day. Fresh apples, several juices, milk, yogurt and some really good coffee.

Staff are incredibly friendly and very helpful. We were here 4 nights and met several staff members. All were friendly and engaging.

Location is perfect for us. Easy access into Ft Wayne, but located on the south side just off 69. Safer part of town, a little nicer. Great shopping down the road at Jefferson Pointe. Plenty of restaurants. You have to drive to them, but within a 5-10 minute drive there is something for everyone. We also needed to go to Ossian, Bluffton, etc so this location worked well for that too. The access to I69 makes going anywhere fast and easy.

The negatives:
beds are too soft

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct and speak to someone.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family