Comfort Suites Fort Wayne
  • Pool
$149
Courtyard
  • Pool
Comfort Suites North(Fort Wayne)(Great Value!)
$114
$102
$109
$99
Hotels.com
All reviewstreasure chestfront deskspecial thanksgreat place to staywould stay here againrefrigerator and microwavehot breakfastbreakfast roompleasant staybreakfast staffwould recommend this hotel to anyonein townrooms were very cleangreat customer servicebusiness centeryogurteasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Stayed at this hotel just one night while visiting relatives. Lobby very nicely decorated with a fireplace and seating area around fire, hallways very clean. Rooms were very nice. We had a room with two double beds and a sofa bed. We used the sofa bed and the bedding and linens looks brand new. The bed were comfortable, the bathroom nice and clean. The room included a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, a safe and a ceiling fan. The room wasn't extremely large, but worked perfectly for the four of us. Never heard any other guests through the walls or out in the hallsways. Didn't use the indoor pool, but everything looked nice from the outside and included a sauna. Nicely done hot breakfast, including make your own waffles and biscuits and gravy. The only issue we had was getting the room the right temperature, it was more warm than anything, and we didn't think to turn on the ceiling fan either, although we've found room temperature an issue at most hotels, so it wasn't a major deal. Would absolutely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank srramd91
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2010

We would first like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post a positive review. The staff here really enjoys seeing the comments, I will print and post to let everyone see what are guests are saying. We have taken many steps to be a clean and friendly hotel environment. We are grateful that you chose Comfort Suites for your lodging needs during your travels through Fort. Wayne

Reviewed November 27, 2009

This hotel was amazing. The lobby was spectacular. The service was spectacular. The rooms were extremely clean. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever been in. And for $79.99 a night, that is a great deal for how great is was. The continental breakfast was delicious. The pool was warm and enjoyable. I traveled with my son for a hockey tournament and the whole team stayed in the hotel. We were all amazed.I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is a great value and I was truly impressed. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2009
GeneralManager026, Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2009

We want to thank-you for choosing the Comfort Suites while you were in Fort Wayne.
We appreciate your thoughtful compliments of our property. It is truly the goal of our team to make sure you have a wonderful experience when you stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family and hope to be able to see you again soon. Again thank-you for taking the time to recognize our hotel it means a lot to us.

Reviewed April 23, 2009

This hotel is an absolute dump! The first room I stayed in had the shower hanging off the wall, and the drain stopper missing. I woke up in the morning with BED BUG BITES! I asked to have my room sanitized, and they said they'll send up an engineer to see what's going on! After dealing with this for a couple of days, I spoke with the manager, who then apologized profusely (and was actually really really nice) and she upgraded me into one of their executed suites. After moving rooms, I was even more disgusted at the place. The room that I was in could absolute not be a suite. The ceiling fan was broken and there were huge nasty stains on the curtains. I will never stay here again and I'll warn everyone to stay far far away!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank calliemorgan
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2009

I would first like to say thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about your stay with us at the Comfort Suites in Fort Wayne. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as it will only make us better. I deeply regret your experience at our hotel, we want to assure you that we take your concerns seriously. I am the new General Manager at the hotel and we have a thorough preventive maintenance program in place including a 125 point checklist that we use to make sure that these kinds of issues never happen. Again I want to apologize about the problems you experienced during your stay. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Should you return to Fort Wayne please contact me personally so I can show you what kind of service our hotel is capable of.

Reviewed June 2, 2006

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend and had two adjoining rooms. The hotel was quite crowded and we were right near an exit, but the rooms were quiet despite all the traffic. This is a suite-type hotel, so each room has the beds, but also a separate sitting area with a couch and chair. This was a nice ammenity, so we didn't feel cooped up when we sat in our rooms waiting for everyone to get ready. Each room has a microwave and small refrigerator.

The hotel is located in an area with several other hotels, so there are many places to eat nearby. Also two grocery stores are within walking distance. And you can walk to Starbucks in the morning, if you're so inclined. The location along I-69 gives you easy access to all the attractions in Fort Wayne. And, if you're not familiar with this area, the hotel is very easy to find -- just off the freeway -- so you won't get stressed driving around in a strange town looking for your hotel.

The pool was freezing cold, so trips to the pool were short!

If you're traveling with someone who uses a wheelchair, there are rooms available with a roll-in shower. We asked for a roll-in shower room, but didn't get it. Instead we were put in a room with a tub, however it had many well-placed grab bars and a bath bench. Luckily the person we travelled with was able to transfer to the bench. Later we found out that the hotel's reservation system doesn't tell the front desk which rooms have tubs and which are roll-in shower rooms. So if a roll-in shower is essential to you, go to see the room when you get there and make sure you're getting the right one. Not everyone at the front desk knows which rooms are which, but they are very helpful and will change you to another room.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank Pokey1
Reviewed September 27, 2005

This hotel is located off of I-69, in an area with lots of other hotels and chain restaurants. Things I liked about this hotel:

- The front desk staff was very friendly upon check in and check out.

- It has free wireless internet access.

- The windows can be opened for fresh air (very important)

- It's a "suite" type hotel, with a couch and coffee table, in addition to the desk and bed.

- Breakfast was good; comprable to Holiday Inn Express and Fairfield Inn, two other chains at which I frequently stay. It included a waffle maker. I'd put in a vote for Cheerios in addition to the other cereals, but the Raisin Bran was ok.

- Parking was easy

- They have a microwave and microwavable foods behind the desk for a late nigh snack, if needed.

- The staff generously sent a fax for me for free.

- Free copies of USA Today to read over breakfast.

- I asked for a quiet room and got it. I was a little dubious when they put me near a outdoor dumpster on the 1st floor, but it was fine. No early morning trash removal trucks, at least not on Monday morning.

Minor challenges at this hotel:

- The bathtub drain was a little slow -- not a big deal. I told the front desk so by the time you read this it will no longer be an issue :-)

- The room smelled a little bit like new carpet/cleaning chemicals, and there was a faint smell of smoke from across the hall. This was manageable, because the window opened for fresh air. Having windows that can be opened for fresh air is really essential for any hotel.

Overall, this hotel worked great for me; I'd stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business