“Rooms better than expected, breakfast disappointing”

Comfort Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Our room was a lot nicer than expected based on the outside and lobby of the hotel. Everything was very clean and the employees were very nice. My only complaint was that the complimentary breakfast wasn't as good as other comparable hotels. The scrambled eggs were the factory-made patties similar to what you'd find on a McDonald's breakfast sandwich. There were very limited options and not even any fruit. The really weird part was that everything was packed up again by 9:30am.

• Stayed: June 2014
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I will share your feedback with the staff and make enhancements for all guests. We will look at the eggs and fruit we have out and make adjustments to increase the breakfast experience. Without your feedback we wouldn't be able to improve our product. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

First time in Indiana and our stay was great Kylie at the front desk was phenomenal! She made us feel welcome! My husband upgraded as a surprise to me but when we arrived in the room he was disappointed the room did not look like the one on the website he went downstairs and Kylie gave us a larger suite (Huge) with out any problems and even gave us a welcome basket! If I ever come back to Fort Wayne I will definitely stay at the Comfort Suites not to mention its close to everything and they even have a Movie Theater behind them where the movies are only $3 current ones at that.

Room Tip: Second floor has a beautiful view of the lobby from down below!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for the kind words about Kylee. Guest Service is our #1 priority, and I am pleased to hear about your experience. I will share this with Kylee as she will be excited to hear the feedback. Thank you for your review and choosing the Comfort Suites Southwest. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The stop wasn't planned but the experience was the best I have had. Kindra was the most helpful and professional representative I have met. The overall stay was extremly relaxing and needed. Thanks for the excellent service and support

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind response about Kindra. I will make sure to pass this on to her, as this encourages the staff to go in the right direction. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

By far the worst hotel customer service I have ever experienced. After talking with the manager (Michelle) finally on Friday morning I thought everything was set up for later the same day for my daughter's 5th birthday party. I had tried 5 times in the prior week to speak with the manager. We show up to find out the pool was not open. The front desk indicated it was down since the day prior. The hotel had a shuttle to the Ymca but I was never informed of this prior to showing ul . In fact I was given a conference room next to the pool so "the kids would be close" according to the manager. Why would the manager not tell me the pool was broken when I indicated our main reason for coming was a pool birthday party? I had 20 family members coming from out of town and fortunately we were able to cancel our reservations and move across the street to Staybridge Suites where we were treated appropriately. I do not like to write these types of reviews but feel very adamantly that I was treated in a way that was not proper in the customer service aspect.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I first want to apologize about the pool being down on Friday. I would like to speak with you offline to go over your concerns further and make things right for the pool being closed. I definitely understand your frustration with the pool, as does the staff. You can reach me at 260-436-4300. Please ask for me directly. If I am unavailable, please leave a voicemail and I will contact you back within 24 hours.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Clean rooms are most important to me and this hotel did not disappoint. Even those hard to clean places in the bathroom were clean and that shows someone cares. The front desk staff was very friendly and Kylee checked us in quickly and with a smile. With this kind of attention to detail and a very affordable price you can't go wrong staying here. I wish all hotels operated like this. OK, just so it doesn't sound too perfect, there were some potholes in the parking lot! :-)

Room Tip: I asked for a pet free room. While I enjoy animals I don't want a room/bed that had pets in it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review our property. It is great to hear about the cleanliness of our rooms, as the housekeeping staff will be excited to hear this feedback. Cleanliness and Guest Service is our top priority. I will work on addressing the potholes in the back lot with the Chief Engineer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We have met friends here two years in a row to visit and play cards. Several of the staff members remembered us from last year and welcomed us back. Everyone we have encountered here both years has been friendly, courteous and most helpful. We felt that our business is appreciated. The place is exceedingly clean. Everything in our room was spotless and the sheets looked brand new. We arrived early and had requested adjoining rooms. The young man at reception went to great lengths to accommodate us immediately. We were greeted by the Chief Engineer for maintenance and the breakfast room attendant both of whom remembered us from last year. And, the General Manager stopped by our card game table in the lobby for a friendly chat. The breakfast room is continually cleaned by the attendant as she keeps everything in order and well stocked. In the past year, we have stayed in Choice Hotels (primarily Comforts) over 40 nights and this Inn is the best of the bunch for cleanliness, friendliness, staffing, and management. We intend to return again next year if not sooner. They know how to provide guests with an exceptional place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

It was a pleasure speaking with you. The staff loves to be part of guest experiences and aims to please. We appreciate your commitment to stay at just not our property but the Choice brand. It is exciting to hear and share these stories, as it encourages our staff they are moving in the right direction. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Bought a little night away for my husband and I, but had the little one come over to swim for awhile. Was very pleased with front staff Kendra. Popcorn, fresh baked cookies and then my daughter got to pick a little toy from treasure chest. We got to spend the wheel at front desk, since we are Choice Members. Received free upgrade. Whirlpool in room was nice, but we wouldn't have paid for the upgrade. Swimming pool area was clean. Wished there was a hot tub. Didn't hear any noise throughout the night. Breakfast was usual fare. Area was very clean, everything was welled stock and young lady working it was very efficient. Bill was incorrect. Upgrade was added. However, discussed with morning staff and he quickly fixed. Overall great stay in our own hometown. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Fort Wayne.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear about your stay and how the staff was able to offer 100% guest service. I will make sure to pass on the kind words about Kendra and the rest of the staff. Thank you for choosing the our property and we look forward to your next stay.