“I made a mistake and staff was very understanding”

Comfort Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Garden City, Michigan
“I made a mistake and staff was very understanding”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I went to check in and they could not locate my reservation. Once I gave them the confirm #, I realized that I had made if for the next night! Unfortunately it was a repay on my choice privileges card and was not changeable, refundable and could not be canceled. Samantha behind the desk gave me a corporate number to call and I then was transferred to customer relations who called the hotel for me. He also stated that the hotel could not do anything and neither could they. I went back in and was offered a cheaper rate than the current rate (but still much more that what I had booked at in advance). Samantha said that I could talk to the manager in the morning and see what could be done. I stayed the night which went well and had breakfast was very good. I the morning the managers Craig and Michelle took care of my stupid mistake with smiles and no worries. I am very grateful they were understanding and will use them again when I am in Fort Wayne. They understand customer service is first even when the customer clearly makes the mistake.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks for taking time to reach out to us in reference to your situation. We definitely understand mistakes happen upon booking and are glad we could resolve the situation. Customer service is number 1 to us, and I am pleased we were able offer great service. I will pass on your feedback to the Samantha and Michelle, along with our corporate office. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Happy Holidays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had our daughter's thirteenth birthday party at the Comfort Suites. The staff including Michelle, Troy, Rick, Ray, Dan, Samantha and Kylee were very friendly and accommodating. They even played a part in our scavenger hunt by wearing fake mustaches and reading a clue to the girls. They went beyond our expectations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
It is great to hear that we could be part of your daughters birthday experience. I am very happy to hear about the staff going above and beyond. I will make sure to share this experience with the staff and our corporate office. I know Samantha and Kylee was excited to tell me about the experience when I came in the next morning. Thank you for taking time to share your story with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Brazil, Indiana
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were greated by the desk clerk Larry and he was very pleasant. He had told us that we were the Guest of the Day and gave us an upgrade. We thought that he was just joking, but to our suprise he was very serious. We want to Thank Larry for making our night the best ever.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Let me congratulate you on being our Guest of the Day. Thanks for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to future. I will pass on your kind words to Larry and our corporate office. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Scottsville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed for a army reunion. The Staff was GREAT! Troy even took pictures for us. The rest of the staff was good too!! Kylee and Michelle everyone was very helpful. The rooms were a great value, very clean and had a fridge. Could not have ask for a better place to have the reunion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback. We were happy to host your reunion and hope we get the chance again next year. I will pass your recognition to the employees recognized giving great service. Thanks so much for choosing our property. We look forward to seeing you next year.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family. The rooms were very clean. The beds were extremely comfy. The lobby offered fresh popcorn as you are coming through the entrance. They cater to the little ones and allow them to grab something from the treasure chest. The pool area is very clean and so much fun. I do believe it is a salt water pool. Breakfast was very good and the staff is very polite. I am very picky about where I stay and will complain in a heart beat. I want to get what I pay for. The stay was awesome and I highly recommend staying here. I will return!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and had an excellent stay. No complaints.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Southwest for your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that the kids were able to pick from our famous Treasure Chest. The staff will love your to hear your great experience and I will make sure to share it with them. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Pros
Great value at government rate of $75+tax. Staff genuinely tries to do good job and make customers satisfied, which is rare these days. Clean, reasonably comfortable. Accommodates customers with limited early breakfast; had to leave early so unable to get full breakfast. There is business center with one computer and one printer on second floor but no signs on ground floor or lobby that it exists so if you do not ask, you will never know; suggest staff put notice in lobby about business center. Did not use swimming pool or gym. Called one day ahead ahead and asked for quiet room facing west side away from freeway noise and staff complied

Cons
Freeze in mini fridge completely frosted so could not put in any frozen foods but staff defrosted fridge next day

Room Tip: top floor; on west side is quietest
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Without your feedback we wouldn't be able to continue to improve to offer a superior experience. We will take your feedback and address the items mentioned. Your feedback is important to us and appreciate you choosing the Comfort Suites Southwest. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit. Safe travels.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is one of the nicest Comfort Suites we have stayed in. The atmosphere is friendly and helpful and the popcorn smell wafting through the building gives a "at home" feel. In particular I want to say that our front desk clerk Troy Tripp is extremely helpful and kind, we were there due to the loss of a family member and Troy went above and beyond to help us feel comfortable and our needs met. He also has a great personality and made us laugh and our grandchildren feel special!
This will be our go to hotel whenever we are in Fort Wayne

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to fill out a review. I am sorry to hear about the circumstances that brought you to Fort Wayne. I am pleased to hear about the service that was delivered to you. Service is our Top Priority, and feedback such as yours helps boost the staffs confidence. I will personally pass on the comments to Troy and our staff. Thank you again for choosing our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.