“Nice place to stop overnight”

Comfort Suites Fort Wayne
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here on a trip up to Michigan.It was on average with other hotels as far as price and we where able to get a slightly lower price as my dad is over 50. The room was big with comfortable beds and pillows and a couch and fridge. It was quiet even though we where near the lobby and highway.The pool was nice and heated.Average breakfeast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are glad you were happy with your stay and the services that we provided for you. We like to personally thank you for your review and want you to let us know of any services we can help provide you with in the future. Our company prides itself on customer service and we look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the near future. We are proud to have your business and we wanted to let you know that we appreciate all the time you spent working on that review. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Craig Barker

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Fort Wayne

Reviewed July 19, 2012

THE BED HAD THE WORST AND MOST UNCOMFORTABLE MATTRESS I EVER SLEPT ON. ROOM 129 AND ROOM 130. I stayed for two nights.

Our family hosted our annual family reunion at this hotel. Excellent staff, Troy, Larry, Victoria and Cynthia.

We were treated with great respect and courtesy.

Only complaint, I had to give a credit card to check in, per Victoria, I should have been told this when I made my reservation. Since the rooms were booked over a year in advance that was a HUGE turn off. I normally NEVER use credit cards. I am a retiree and I always pay with cash. Thank goodness I had a card with me.

Please in the future guest should be told in advance to bring a credit card. That could make for a horrible situation if someone doesn't have one. The surprize was some of my family members WERE NOT ask to give a credit card. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! What made me so unique?

Victoria was courteous, but said I could NOT even give a cash deposit to get the room, credit card only

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sonja2002

Thank you for your recent comments about our property. We are glad you made us your home away from home, and also for leaving great comments about my staff. We thrive on giving outstanding customer service, and we appreciate our guests leaving feedback to help improve our operations. We will be inspecting the mattress's in the rooms you stayed in and examine for replacement. We definately understand how important it is to have a quality night's sleep.

We realize you have many options when traveling to Fort Wayne, and we hope you will continue to use the Comfort Suites Southwest for your lodging needs.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Fort Wayne saturday and could not have had a better experience, staff was incredibly nice and helpful (let the door latch before I realized my key was still on the counter.. doh!, but the desk clerk had me a key in seconds without a blink of an eye) Breakfast was very good, room was clean, big and very nice, just an overall great stay, would recommend this hotel to anyone who like a great hotel!@!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent comments about our Comfort Suites Southwest! We are glad you made us your home away from home, and also for leaving great comments about the staff. We thrive on giving outstanding customer service, and we appreciate our guests leaving feedback!

We realize you have many options when traveling to Fort Wayne, and we hope you will continue to use our Hotel when you are back in the area. Without the feedback from our valued guests we would not be able to share the information to our staff. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed for three nights. Upon check-in, I overheard the manager talking on the phone say they were booked full. No problem since I made reservations. Immediately when I entered my room, I was hit with a heavy paint smell. I opened the door and waited a while hoping the smell would diminish. I started to get a headache and sore throat, so I went to the front desk to see what could be done. The manager was very polite and understanding. He explained the rooms in that area had recently been renovated (which is a good thing). However, I couldn't take the smell. He found me another room on another floor. The new room wad decorated the same (see photo). The bed was comfortable. The desk and TV appeared to be newer, and the shower was new. The rest of the room and bathroom, though clean, was not new, or even modern.

My air conditioner made a "clunk" sound every time it kicked on and off. The TV didn't have NBC. It did have two FOX and two Discovery channels, but not NBC. Not a huge deal, but when I checked the printed directory it listed NBC. It was now FOX.

The cleaning of my room was inconsistent. One morning was great. The next morning, they left trash and things out of place that were picked up the previous morning.

The breakfast was lacking. Each morning had two hot breakfast items (plus the standard cereal, donuts, make your own waffles, etc.). Only once out of three days did they serve eggs and meat. The other days it was one or the other, and a starch (french toast sticks). Some items were hot, others lukewarm.

The area is good. A few nice restaurants close-by - more if you drive a few miles. Easy to get into hotel parking lot. More difficult to get out.

I would stay here again (for the price), but I will search for another option before choosing this Comfort Suites again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Comfort Suites Southwest in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We strive for excellent results and want to thank you for the feedback. Without the feedback from our guests we would not be able to improve our operations and guest experience. The Comfort Suites offers an expanded hot rotating breakfast to offer various items for our extended stay guests. If an item is not on the breakfast bar, please don't hesitate to ask for a substitute item, as our breakfast attendant would be more than happy to cook a personalized menu item not listed on the menu for that day. We apologize again for not meeting up to expectations, and hope to be able to accomodate your overnight needs soon to experience our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after having spent the previous night at the Hampton Inn airport location in Indianapolis. This hotel was one of the host hotels for a wedding we attended.

Starting with the positives, the staff person we dealt with was top-notch in service (Michelle was her name). She was very personable and accommodated our every need. She provided the kind of service you'd expect at a 5-star resort.

Not so positive was the hotel room itself. While the dresser and TV were updated, the renovations stopped there. The bathroom was very old...I honestly don't know whether it was dirty or just old (may have been just old). Old tile work, stained sink and dated lighting are just a few issues with the bathroom. The furniture in the living area (we had a junior suite) was also very old. The upside to the room we had was the access to the roof-top lounge area. But don't count on lounging too much as there is no lounge furniture out there. The room also had a fridge and microwave, which were very convenient.

Overall if you just need a place to lay your head that is convenient to a few restaurants and shopping not too far away, this is OK. At least the service is outstanding. BTW, they were in the process of renovating the lobby it appeared...so perhaps the hotel is on its way to a facelift.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ATrav-El-Holic

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Comfort Suites Southwest in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We strive for excellent results and want to thank you for the feedback. The only way to improve is receiving feedback from our guests. I will make sure to pass on the feedback to the staff and continue working on delivering superiour service and product. We look forward to being able to service your accomodation needs in the future. Stop back anytime as we have just fully remodeled and would love to share the excitement.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband is in the Indiana National Guard and we have stayed at this hotel on and off for over two years. We absolutely love it!

First, it's always super clean. The pool and spa area are kept immaculately and the breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had.

The staff is extremely friendly and there has never been a request that they haven't been able to help us with.

Love this hotel! Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Comfort Suites Southwest in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We strive for excellent results and want to thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to pass this on to the staff and continue working on delivering superiour service and product. We look forward to being able to service your accomodation needs in the future. Stop back anytime as we have just fully remodeled our rooms and would love to share the excitement.

Craig Barker

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed over the weekend at this hotel and it was everything I could ask for. Clean, friendly, quiet, etc. I didn't visit the pool and the hot tub was outside and covered so that was a little disappointing, but overall it was nice and relaxing. Breakfast was a good start to the day as well and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful in finding places to go.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
dave s, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments about our Hotel! We are glad you made us your home away from home, and also for leaving great comments about my staff. We thrive on giving outstanding customer service, and we appreciate our guests leaving feedback!

We realize you have many options when traveling to Fort Wayne, and we hope you will continue to use our Hotel when you are back in our great City!

Thanks again,