All reviewsfront deskrefrigerator and microwavewould stay here againgreat place to stayhot breakfastpleasant staybreakfast roomin townclean hoteleasy accessbusiness tripstaff was friendlyparking lotkrogermichiganmaintenanceinterstate
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed for three nights. Upon check-in, I overheard the manager talking on the phone say they were booked full. No problem since I made reservations. Immediately when I entered my room, I was hit with a heavy paint smell. I opened the door and waited a while hoping the smell would diminish. I started to get a headache and sore throat, so I went to the front desk to see what could be done. The manager was very polite and understanding. He explained the rooms in that area had recently been renovated (which is a good thing). However, I couldn't take the smell. He found me another room on another floor. The new room wad decorated the same (see photo). The bed was comfortable. The desk and TV appeared to be newer, and the shower was new. The rest of the room and bathroom, though clean, was not new, or even modern.

My air conditioner made a "clunk" sound every time it kicked on and off. The TV didn't have NBC. It did have two FOX and two Discovery channels, but not NBC. Not a huge deal, but when I checked the printed directory it listed NBC. It was now FOX.

The cleaning of my room was inconsistent. One morning was great. The next morning, they left trash and things out of place that were picked up the previous morning.

The breakfast was lacking. Each morning had two hot breakfast items (plus the standard cereal, donuts, make your own waffles, etc.). Only once out of three days did they serve eggs and meat. The other days it was one or the other, and a starch (french toast sticks). Some items were hot, others lukewarm.

The area is good. A few nice restaurants close-by - more if you drive a few miles. Easy to get into hotel parking lot. More difficult to get out.

I would stay here again (for the price), but I will search for another option before choosing this Comfort Suites again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Craig B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Comfort Suites Southwest in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We strive for excellent results and want to thank you for the feedback. Without the feedback from our guests we would not be able to improve our operations and guest experience. The Comfort Suites offers an expanded hot rotating breakfast to offer various items for our extended stay guests. If an item is not on the breakfast bar, please don't hesitate to ask for a substitute item, as our breakfast attendant would be more than happy to cook a personalized menu item not listed on the menu for that day. We apologize again for not meeting up to expectations, and hope to be able to accomodate your overnight needs soon to experience our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after having spent the previous night at the Hampton Inn airport location in Indianapolis. This hotel was one of the host hotels for a wedding we attended.

Starting with the positives, the staff person we dealt with was top-notch in service (Michelle was her name). She was very personable and accommodated our every need. She provided the kind of service you'd expect at a 5-star resort.

Not so positive was the hotel room itself. While the dresser and TV were updated, the renovations stopped there. The bathroom was very old...I honestly don't know whether it was dirty or just old (may have been just old). Old tile work, stained sink and dated lighting are just a few issues with the bathroom. The furniture in the living area (we had a junior suite) was also very old. The upside to the room we had was the access to the roof-top lounge area. But don't count on lounging too much as there is no lounge furniture out there. The room also had a fridge and microwave, which were very convenient.

Overall if you just need a place to lay your head that is convenient to a few restaurants and shopping not too far away, this is OK. At least the service is outstanding. BTW, they were in the process of renovating the lobby it appeared...so perhaps the hotel is on its way to a facelift.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ATrav-El-Holic

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Comfort Suites Southwest in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We strive for excellent results and want to thank you for the feedback. The only way to improve is receiving feedback from our guests. I will make sure to pass on the feedback to the staff and continue working on delivering superiour service and product. We look forward to being able to service your accomodation needs in the future. Stop back anytime as we have just fully remodeled and would love to share the excitement.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband is in the Indiana National Guard and we have stayed at this hotel on and off for over two years. We absolutely love it!

First, it's always super clean. The pool and spa area are kept immaculately and the breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had.

The staff is extremely friendly and there has never been a request that they haven't been able to help us with.

Love this hotel! Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Comfort Suites Southwest in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We strive for excellent results and want to thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to pass this on to the staff and continue working on delivering superiour service and product. We look forward to being able to service your accomodation needs in the future. Stop back anytime as we have just fully remodeled our rooms and would love to share the excitement.

Craig Barker

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed over the weekend at this hotel and it was everything I could ask for. Clean, friendly, quiet, etc. I didn't visit the pool and the hot tub was outside and covered so that was a little disappointing, but overall it was nice and relaxing. Breakfast was a good start to the day as well and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful in finding places to go.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
dave s, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments about our Hotel! We are glad you made us your home away from home, and also for leaving great comments about my staff. We thrive on giving outstanding customer service, and we appreciate our guests leaving feedback!

We realize you have many options when traveling to Fort Wayne, and we hope you will continue to use our Hotel when you are back in our great City!

Thanks again,

Dave Sassanella, General Manager
Fort Wayne Comfort Suites

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed on Feb 26th on our way to FL from Charlevoix, MI. Easy to find. Front staff very friendly and we could tell from the grounds and lobby that the place was clean. Had a 3rd floor room with a king. We normally do a cleaning of all our motels rooms but this did not need it. First time in ages that we left the cleaning spray in the SUV. On our way back we passed going thru Chicago because of traffic anf that we knew that this Confort Inn was up to our standards. As before, all was super. They are redoing the 3rd floor so we took the 2nd. As before the Manager and gale at the desk were A++. The Manager even asked if we needed help with bags as the wind was blowing 35-45mph. Best experience at a motel as you could have. Good resturants in walking distance!

Room Tip: I always use the internet before travel, the more info we can provide will help others! Best to all, safe travels. We always try to get an upper floor to avoid any ceiling noise for the unit above.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
dave s, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent review of our Hotel in Fort Wayne Indiana. We value our guests comments, and use those as tools to make our Hotel even better. We also would like to thank you for being repeat business in the Fort Wayne area, knowing that you have many options for hotels, and you stay at our property!~ Thank You! We look forward to your return visit, and enjoy your Spring/Summer in Michigan. Thanks again, Dave Sassanella, General Manager