“You Decide”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Price: $78. Amenities: spiders in tub, loud air conditioner, musty smelling room, saggy bed, itchy sheets, friendly staff. On the main drag. Cracker Barrel close by. Having a kitchen is a plus. YOU DECIDE.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
FtWayneAGM, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We have passed your comments on to the housekeeping and maintenance departments. This is not the typical guest experience for the people who stay with us, and we invite you to give us another try so that we may exceed your expectations. I am very pleased that you found our staff friendly and found the in-room kitchen convenient. Hopefully you were able to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast and evening social while you were here.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great place to stay! The rooms are enormous. Two bathrooms, three beds, full kitchen, three TVs. (We stayed in the penthouse suite.) The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great both mornings. We will certainly stay there again. The only thing I forgot was that the staff is there to help so if anything comes up, I need to ask them and they're right on it. We will be coming there again!

1  Thank hothoagie
FtWayneAGM, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Your review is appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your kind words on to our staff. We have someone at the front desk 24 hours a day and we are always happy to assist our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our room had pretzel on the floor in the bedroom when we arrived. The kitchen had ants we discovered on day 3. We were in the pent house and the cost was reasonable. First cleaning the staff took liberties to move and fold our personal belongings to the point things were hard to find and almost left things because they were put in drawrs or closets. My privacy and my families was invaded. I Spoke with manager and house keeping manager they graciously appologized with excuses. I requested another crew clean my room and I was told they would but that was not followed through on. When I gave the complaint originally at the front desk nothing was followed up on to see how it could be resolved. I had to seek out the manager and request a resolution the next morning. That was pointless because it never happened. I am very diaapointed I generally stay in this type of hotel for my family situation and I will not be returning to this hotel for my next trip!

• Stayed: May 2013

I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service that is typical of Stay Inn Suites. Hotel management has been in touch with you, and we sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again. We would appreciate the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had not considered an extended stay motel as we were staying only one night. One of the hide-till-you-pay web sites picked it for us as a 3-star place and we took a chance. The location is great, the staff were cheerful and helpful. The suite, which included kitchen, sitting area, bedroom, and large bath area was clean, well-appointed and comfortable.

1  Thank Rex S

Thank you for staying with us! Your review is appreciated. We would be happy to accomodate you when you are in the area again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The suites are huge and not fancy but very well maintained, as are the grounds. The unit actually stayed at the temperature I had set and didn't have to be constantly readjusted, more like a home heating/cooling system. Option of having the fan run constantly for white noise is appreciated, although noise has never been a real problem. All doors lead to the outside, so the jerks who let theirs slam at 4am aren't bothersome. (But still jerks.) Was treated warmly and kindly by everyone I met without exception, which always starts at the top and percolates down through the hierarchy. In other words, if the Boss insists on it, it happens.

I was troubled by the $100/stay pet deposit, I solved it this time by leaving him at home - which I suspect is exactly what they hope you will do by setting the bar so high. Of course, for a longer stay than 1 or 2 nights it averages out better per night, but I hate to see traveling with the pooch become a thing of the past. A more reasonable policy - it seems to me - would be to reduce or even eliminate the charge for guests who return and have proven to be responsible pet owners. I know some are not, but those who are should be recognized and treated accordingly. I personally travel with my own sheets and blankets so when he gets on the bed (and he does) I just pull off my sheets and take the hair with me. Theirs don't even have to be washed, which I carefully point out at checkout.

Be that as it may, I will return. If you don't travel with Fido and have figured out how to get in and out (tough to find the first time), there is really no down side. They seem to have figured out how to keep the price down and the standards high, and that is very rare. Congratulations, and thanks!

Room Tip: The N and E facing rooms in Bldg 2 (and only these) have awesome views of a Shell station.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bruce F

Your review of Stay Inn Suites is appreciated. I am glad you were pleased with your stay, and would love to have you stay with us again. Our pet fee is set so we can have each of the rooms professionally cleaned upon check-out to rid the the room of dander for other guests who may have allergies. It is not intended to be a deterrent to you bringing your pet when stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and ideas and will share them with our management team so we can review the pet policy for our return guests.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We happened upon Stay Inn Suites by using Hotwire. I was just looking for a clean bed, so I clicked on the offer and when we got there, thought there must be some kind of mistake...What a Wonderful Surprise!!! The Suite was like a studio apartment...everything was clean and comfortable, was stocked with everything...even a bag of microwave popcorn! The bed was comfy, the bathroom was clean and they had great water pressure (some hotels trickle and I hate that!) The hot breakfast that was included was better than I expected. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, all the good stuff, plus the standard continental fare. There was a Pepsi machine and coffee, juice, milk, fruit, yogurt,,,I could go on and on. The front desk staff was SUPER friendly. I will DEFINITELY stay here again when I travel to Ft. Wayne, and I will pay whatever they are charging because it is SO WORTH IT!

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the first floor...we parked right outside the room...no lugging our luggage...
1  Thank Kim G
FtWayneAGM, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I am very glad that you found our hotel, and that we were able to exceed your expectations! I am also pleased to hear how happy you were with our staff and breakfast. I will be sure pass that along to them. We would be happy to assist you with any future reservations in the Fort Wayne area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Two adult, 1 teenager, and 3 little boys. We were able to eat dinner at the table, play in the living room, sleep in separate rooms and two full bathrooms (huge plus). Good price, also the free breakfast is good, it is standard, but it save us money.
We loved the loft bedroom with its own bathroom, but the stairs are steep.
Overall, we love it and will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank rocmom19

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to accomodate your family well. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel in the future.