“Wonderful Experience: Excellent Staff, Clean and Comfortable Room, & Wonderful Breakfast food!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
North Manchester, Indiana
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had reservations for the Penthouse suite it was very nice. My husband and I were very impressed with the staffs overall ability to accomodate us and how they checked in with us to make sure everything was satisfactory. We were there on a vacation and enjoyed the amenities of the fireplace and AMAZING off site gym facility more than equipped for us. My husband loves to eat a big breakfast and was so impressed with the HOT breakfast selection of biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bagels, toast, cereals, yogurts, waffle bar, sausage links, oatmeal, etc.. and the choice of drink selection. We were very impressed with our stay and would love to come back for another vacation opportunity!

Room Tip: We loved the Penthouse suite because we had the luxury of extra room and the ability to each have ou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KevinandAmber
FtWayneAGM, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
So happy to hear that you had a great experience at the Stay Inn Suites! I appreciate hearing that you enjoyed the gym, the variety at our breakfast and the fireplace in your room. I will pass on this information on to our staff as well. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us regarding your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next vacation.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed March 10, 2013

One of the best facility I had stayed in overseas, Excellent Staff, very professional, very high in customer centricity, Good breakfast options, World class rooms, good location, nearby retail stores,very well equipped kitchen and Excellent Customer service.
Very cost effective as well....so not only good for business visitors but great deal for tourists also....Thanks for making my trip memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Puneet D
Thank you for your review of Stay Inn Suites. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will share your comments with the staff, as we are very pleased that you have had an enjoyable stay and have been able to utilize the hotel's amenities. We enjoy taking care of our international travelers and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I got the room through Priceline. They called it 2-1/2 stars. I'm not sure. They said it would have a fitness center, but I would have to go offsite for that. All the rooms have outside entrances-something I avoid as a female traveling alone. But the front desk worker was helpful and friendly. The room is huge, with a full sized kitchen.
However in the bathroom I found a couple of dead roaches swept into the corner with some dirt. That lead me to check for bedbugs by removing sheets and looking for evidence. Bed looks fine, but mattress pad had not been changed as evidenced by a lot if hair, and what appears to be a small feces stain. Eewww. Cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your most recent stay at the property. I have met with appropriate staff to address your concerns, and we can assure you we have necessary preventative measures in place for the comfort of our guests. We would be happy to have you stay with us again in the future, as this is not the standard of operations at this hotel. Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

In Fort Wayne on business and I landed at the Stay Inn Suites. Its a good overall value as a full suite with kitchenette. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. There is no gym but you can get a pass to the large and modern facility across the street. This is clearly an older property in need of a little TLC but this is why it is very affordable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FtWayneAGM, Assistant General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Stay Inn Suites, we appreciate your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you thought highly of our staff and your accommodations. If you return to the Fort Wayne area we would be happy to have you stay with us again. We are hoping for renovations in the coming months.

Stay Inn Suites Fort Wayne
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed there for the second time. We were very pleased - room was clean, comfortable, and even had a nice selection of glassware in the kitchen. Rates are good for the area and I'd recommend them for a nice place to stay if one is heading to the Allen Co. Public Library, just two miles away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Vandalia, Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2012

room was good friday when we woke up saturday morning we had some kind of bugs everywhere. staff was great and very helpful, pool is too small and the pull out beds are like bricks, the breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shawn L
Kitsap County
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We booked a stay over 4th of July week to see relatives. I reviewed the comments, description and pictures on line before commiting. When we pulled up in our vehicle, I knew something was not correct. This is an old (70's era) hotel sitting between a gas station and a car lot. It fronts a huge intersection of two very busy thoroughfares. When I had to sign a disclaimer promising not to light off fire works on the premesis and "no partying in the rooms" before I was given a key, I looked around for Ashton Kutcher because I thought I had just gotten "Punked". We went to our room to find the old "pop corn ceiling", thread bare sheets and dust galore. All night we heared 18 wheelers, screaming motorcycles and racing emergency vehicles. Think My Cousin Vinney with a train going by at 3:00am every morning but this was all night. We were hoping it was an anamoly but the next night it was more of the same with the addition that the upstairs guests were restless. We heared them through the paper thin walls,walking toilets flushing etc. Our relative came by in the morning to say hellow and left to do some errands. She came back to our room after 30 seconds to inform us a used condom was sitting next to our van, right where the children enter. I went to the manager to request a room transfer. She gave us the keys to a room kitty corner from the freeway. We packed all our stuff (2 adults, 2 children) and headed to the second floor room. We opened the door to an overwhelming fetid odor. We tried running water down the kitchen sink but no improvement was made, my 7 year old refused to enter the room after one whiff. As I gazed around, I noted 4 old tea bags hanging from the railing out side the front door, a filthy kitchen floor, hand prints all over the kitchen cabinets, a dish washer full of dirty dishes and a face board off the area right below the kitchen sink. It was laying face down on the floor with 3 pieces of double back duct tape on the exposed surface. I am not making this up. I went to the front desk and asked that a manager come with me to the room. She came, looked and smelled and offered us yet another room accross the "court yard" from this one. We again moved our stuff to a 2 floor room. I had noticed several "Proud to be smoke free since 2006" signs around the premesis. I was confused as everyone seemed to be smoking around the complex. I inquired and was told that the ROOMS are smoke free. They actually have a gazebo in the middle of the "court yard" surrounded by the each set of 4 two story building that they have for smoking. So everytime you enter or leave your room, people are smoking in front of you. The real fun starts at night. That is when the cases of beer get hauled to the gazebo. That way large groups of people can smoke and drink and make more noise until 1:30am (that is when I called the front desk). Another fun thing is when the maids from a distance holler out as you leave your room "Do you want anything today?" Nice touch. Anyway, I could go on but lets just say, this place is in the bottom 10 of all hotels in Fort Wayne. I am dissapointed that the on line presentation is grossly inaccurate.

Room Tip: Get a second floor unit.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family