“I'll be back”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I was very impressed with the Stay Inn Suites. My room was immaculate and appeared to have been very recently renovated. The bed was comfortable with lots of choices of pillows.

The kitchenette was really well-equipped for 3-4 people - plates, bowls, glasses, mugs - even wine glasses, silverware, can opener, set of pots & pans, measuring spoons/cup, colander, paper towels, dishwasher & detergent, potholder, dish towel.

But you may not even need all this as the free breakfast is extensive. I was there three mornings and there were a few variations day to day, but the options included cooked oatmeal, makings of a breakfast burrito, make your own egg-ham-cheese sandwich or waffles, French toast, hard boiled egg, fruit, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels etc. It was the most extensive (and best) free breakfast I've encountered. They also offer some sort of meal weeknight evenings (nachos one night, ravioli & breadsticks another) - but I wasn't available to try it.

I chose an upper unit and it was on the inside of the complex which meant it was very quiet. Yet it wasn't a long walk from my car to the room.

I think this place was a real bargain - a great facility at a very reasonable price. You can pay a lot more in Fort Wayne for a lot less.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the center of the complex are a bit farther to walk from the car - but very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank NRosboro

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stay Inn was an average hotel that I would recommend to anyone looking for a budget vacation. The customer service was excellent, but I was not a huge fan of the rooms. They are very spacious but are very outdated! A few of the outlets in our room did not work and there was still trash in the trash can from whoever had stayed there prior to us. Not the best experience, but not the worse... 3 stars...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
FtWayneGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honest opinion. Please be assured we have preventative maintenance in place to make sure our rooms are kept in working order and daily housekeeping inspections are performed. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. In regard to the rooms being outdated, we are expecting a renovation within the next 12-18 months. Also, we are delighted that you experienced excellent customer service, which we strive to provide at all times to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice people to deal with.The rooms are very nice and cozy.Brent even popped our popcorn for us.Great employee I must say.The breakfast was the bomb.Very good and lots of choices.My children enjoyed the free internet and breakfast.I would definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have children try to get one by the pool and tennis court.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Service was good, complimentary cocktails and snacks were exceptional. Hot breakfast was very good.
Room was comfortable and nicely appointed.
Front desk people were personable and helpful.
If I return to Ft Wayne I will definately return to the Residence Inn.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PittsburghBuzz
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Had a reservation made at this hotel for 6 months. 2 days before my stay, they called and left me a voicemail cancelling the reservation so that they could "accommodate a larger group". The individual I spoke to suggested I reserve a room at the hotel across the street. If I wanted to stay across the street I would have booked with that hotel initially!! I typically stay at Marriot hotels, but this experience will make me take my business and leisure travel stays somewhere else!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I love staying here because of the staff and the use of a local health club. Great place to sleep and eat breakfast. They also have a light supper a few nights a week.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Love this hotel. My family likes to come here occasionally just to get away. Very nice and spacious rooms with full kitchen. One and two bedroom suites, some with fire places. Nice warm pool and jacuzzi. Great hot breakfast with lots of choices. Nice staff. And the managers meals during the week are great!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family