WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Price, Utah
“Stayed 4 days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is our first day of a 4 day stay but so far it has been good. About the only thing as of now I can say is they don't have continental breakfasts. Pool and spa very nice beds conferrable room and bathroom nice clean

Room Tip: We stayed on broom floor and was quite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rick H, General Manager at Hotel Fort Wayne, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Glad to see that you found our beds to be comfortable. There could be nothing worse than coming all the way from Utah to try to sleep on a sub-standard mattress set.

Our Housekeeping staff appreciates your comment about the cleanliness, as they do pride themselves on doing a super job.

We appreciate your business as well as the taking of your time to send your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel's rooms are OK but are showing their age. The bathroom sink's drain was plugged when I arrived. The air conditioning system is quite noisy, making TV listening an issue. However, the accompanying restaurant is quite good and reasonably priced.

60/100

Stayed July 2014
While I am disappointed that your tub drain was not flowing properly upon your arrival, I am pleased that you found Red River Steakhouse & BBQ to be reasonably piced and a good fit for you.

We will work on decreasing the sound of the AC unit .

Thanks for the taking of your time to give us this feedback.

We appreciate your business.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This was the quietest hotel I've ever stayed at and never was bothered whatsoever. The pool was my favorite part 6am to midnight. Thats awesome ! The gym was fantastic as well. The oversized kind bed was amazing, and comfortable. I slept like a baby. The price was cheap and it was close to the freeway, food, gas, the mall, target. You name it you were walking distance : )

• Stayed July 2014
Rick H, Manager at Hotel Fort Wayne, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel...we couldn't agree more.

Pleased that you found the cleanliness of your room to be a "5" as our housekeeping staff really take great pride in their work.

Our 24 hour fitness facility, we believe, is one of the best in a Fort Wayne hotel. Also glad that you appreciated the hours of the pool. I have worked at hotels that had the pool open for the convenience of the hotel staff vs. the needs of the hotel guest and it was not a good thing.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.
Rockford, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just woke up in my room at the Hotel Fort Wayne...unfortunately it's not the first time I woke up - noise through the hotel and 4 people stacked into a king-sized bed didn't help.

In the interest of full disclosure, earlier this week I was awarded the 3.5 star through Priceline. Knowing that priceline generally only guarantees double occupancy I emailed the property indicating I would have 2 kids in tow. That email / web submission was ignored. I called four hours before my arrival, reiterating the need and was told "Okay, I've updated your room to two doubles." Check-in was smooth - kudos to the Bellman - very customer focused. Upon entering the room - Wham...a single king bed.

We immediately went back to check-in, after 10 minutes of looking at me nervously I hear someone say "You'll just have to tell them...is that him."

I was then told that I was (A) Screwed (B) 10 minutes after check-in time they were out of rollaways (C) they would dig for air mattresses they thought they had (D) They would contact me if they found those or had double availability pop up. Never heard from them. They aren't customer focused if you ask me.

The rooms are nicely updated - only beef there is the fitted sheets on our bed - don't cover the bed and pop off - pretty gross.

Outside of our room and the lobby - the hotel is a 70's flashback.

The pool was taken over by a basketball team of 12-14 year old that could care less about anyone else. The same group was loud until midnight. The hotels proactive quiet hours weren't enforced until i call.

Long story short - I'd stay elsewhere unless you're filling to roll the dice on your experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rick H, General Manager at Hotel Fort Wayne, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Brian...

I will attempt to contact you by phone so as to make this up to you. If you do not hear from me within 48 hours, please contact the hotel and ask for me
Janesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We just returned from our 2 night stay. We travel to Fort Wayne frequently and decided to try a different hotel. We had an excellent experience. The price was a great value (since we stayed 2 nights, the second night was half off). We requested a 1st floor pool side room and it exceeded our expectations. We had a second door in our room that let directly to the pool. We had a little patio with chairs to sit on outside of our room (which was an extra bonus). The pool was better than any other pool hotels that we have stayed at in the area. The courtyard is beautiful and very relaxing.
Don't let the outside fool you. It does look a little older and the drapes are outdated, but the inside is well maintained for the price you pay.
I prefer the 1st floor pool side room and will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: 1st floor pool side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick H, General Manager at Hotel Fort Wayne, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We really appreciate you coming all the way from Badger Land to see us, let alone your kind words about our hotel.

Thanks for giving "5's" to us for "Service"..."Value"..."Rooms" and "Location"-- it means a lot to our staff.

We look forward to your next stay, and again, thanks.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel is okay, there is absolutely nothing special about the rooms. The bathroom was super small, I felt like I was walking out of a bathroom stall having to position myself just right in order to get the door open to exit. It was in a convenient location and looked nice, the staff was nice and it was clean. It just wasn't special in anyway for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the taking of your time to review our hotel.

It was great to see the "5" you gave for service as well as the high scores given to Cleanliness, Comfort of your bed and location.

We appreciate your selecting us and hope you will come back to see us.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed recently and the hotel was a great value. The hotel has a great location, easy on and off from the freeway. I'm not sure why there are comments about the hotel looking abandoned, definitely did not appear that way when we were there. The rooms are nice and clean, linens are fresh. The hotel staff was very attentive and polite. There is some hallway noise, and hall doors could be insulated better to prevent this, but it did not affect our experience. We stayed on the 6th floor but next time we will try to be closer to the pool. The onsite restaurants had great food and service. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to stay in the Fort Wayne area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick H, General Manager at Hotel Fort Wayne, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so very much for the taking of your time to review our hotel.

We certainly are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

If I may suggest calling the hotel direct to request a pool-side room as they do have a tendency to be a favorite.

We agree that this hotel is a "great value" and that our restaurant serves some outstanding food!

And Again...thank you.