“Enjoyable but...”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Chicago, Illinois
“Enjoyable but...”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked hotel for a two night stay in Fort Wayne. I read alot of the reviews on Tripadvisor as I always do and knew that this would be an average to excellent stay, depending on your floor as I now know.

Hotel is in a very good location. Many restaurants and bars within walking distance or a short drive. They also have an onsite restaurant (did not try) and a Rum Runners (not open Mondays also did not try). The rooms are dated but clean and do have up dated electronics. Comfortable beds are always a plus. They have a great fitness facility with all up to date cardio equipment, free weights and machines. Pool area was attractive as well. The service at the front counter was great and informative about the area. Check in lobby had the look of a 4 star hotel.

Here is the part that I will say put a bit of a damper to my stay. I had a room in the tower which was no where near the lobby as you had to drive around to the convention part of the hotel to access the tower elevators. If you stay in the 5th or 6th floor you have access to the concierge room with a room key to also access the floors from the elevator. I was on the 4th floor which had no working ice or soda machine. 3rd floor had no working ice machine which means I had to try the 5th or 6th floor, and as mentioned you needed a key for the elevators. I tried the use the stairways and found I was able to get the the upper floors which I finally did find ice on the 6th floor.

I still give this a Very Good rating due to the still attractivness or the hotel, comfort of the rooms and the fitness facility. The other problems are a quick fix if they are attended to. If I had to I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael S, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay!

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your room and our fitness center & pool area. I apologize for the problem you had locating an ice machine. I notified our engineering staff of the issue and they have double checked all of our ice machines to ensure that every unit is in working order. We appreciate your business and would love to see you back again sometime soon!

Michael S
Hotel Fort Wayne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I knew this hotel as the Marriott growing up in Fort Wayne and I have to say that the same quality and excellent service still prevails. From the concierge room with Jill(in the morning) and Tim(in the evening) taking such good care of us to the front desk with Toni giving us a great rate after needing to extend our stay an extra day, this hotel is terrific.

I travel extensively for business and I rely on these comments when selecting a hotel so I wanted to make sure that I was able to give some kudos for all the people that make this a great place to stay. Yes, the rooms were very clean and beautiful and the fitness center is awesome for a hotel! The WiFi was surpisingly fast compared to many that I've had to endure.

Because we were in town for a funeral, we weren't sure how many other family members would need a place to stay. But the front desk even accommodated two extra family members with rooms with rates that were very reasonable.

I just can't say enough good about this place. Thanks for the great service and a wonderful place to stay. We WILL be back.

Room Tip: try to get a room in the tower on one of the concierge floors - well worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michael S, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I will make sure to pass along your great comments to Jill, Tim, and Toni. We were happy to be your hosts through the difficult circumstances which prompted your visit to Fort Wayne. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit our city!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed for several nights in mid March 2013. (This hotel was previously the Fort Wayne Marriott). Having stayed at the property many times before, we were pleasantly surprised to find many of the same, high quality personnel still present and serving customers.
The concierge suite is attended by Jill in the morning and Tim in the evening! The hotel concierge suite maintains a full breakfast and cocktail hour with appetizers and deserts in the evening. Both Jill and Tim are friendly, professional, and attentive.
The hotel is a great value and we'll continue to stay here, whenever we are in Fort Wayne on business.

Room Tip: request to stay in the tower rooms
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I will make sure to pass your great comments along to Jill & Tim. Both are longtime employees and true professionals. We have worked hard to provide the same amenities and level of service that our guests enjoyed with Marriott and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind for the next time you visit Fort Wayne!

GRIMES
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything I could have asked for... Hotwired the room for 70 and was pleasantly suprised with the older property. Lobby was a long way from the tower where my room was but the secondary lobby worked great. Room was clean as was the common areas didnt use most of the ammenities but was very happy with my stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jboardman
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

Our staff works diligently to keep everything in top condition and it is great to hear that our efforts are noted and appreciated by our guests. If you have an opportunity to return to our hotel, please make sure to mention to the front desk that you would prefer to be near the main lobby. We are always happy to oblige as long as we have availability!

Deer Park, TX
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I attended a conference at the hotel for several days in March 2013, and was put on the concierge level. What a treat! There was a great breakfast each morning and lots of snacks at the evening reception. At both breakfast and in the evening, the hotel staff in charge were very personable, friendly and welcoming. They really made it feel very much like "Home away from home", and it ended up being one of the nicest hotel stays I have had in a long time. Even the chambermaids were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I can't say enough nice about the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the concierge level
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I'm glad you found our hotel to be comfortable and welcoming during your conference. I will make sure to pass your great comments along to our staff. We hope to see you back again sometime soon!

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 22, 2013

What a pleasent surprise, the room was clean and had some very eligant suttle touches, not over the top, rather just right. We had a very nice meal with large portions in a casual setting, the food was very good. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. My wife and I were suprised to find the selection for breakfast in the Concierge room. Walked away talking about
staying again if we ever venture in that area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I'm glad you enjoyed your night at our hotel - we were happy to be your host. Please do keep us in mind for the next time you visit our city.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel room was clean and comfortable. I stayed on the third floor of the Tower area of rooms and noticed that the hallways were not very clean and there were cups and glasses sitting outside of several doors including mine. I ordered soup from the on site restaurant. It came in the smallest cup I have ever seen. Two bites and it was gone. $5.00+ a cup? Not enough there even for a kids snack. I was going to order dinner as well, but feared that the portion size would be too small. The hotel was pretty empty, so I know they had enough soup on hand to give adequate portions to their customers. I will probably stay at the Hyatt Place across the street next week. Had an excellent experience there a few weeks ago and the food was great!

1 Thank Mike W
Michael S, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

We always appreciate feedback from our guests and I am concerned about your experience with our Red River restaurant. I apologize that the soup did not meet your expectations but I want to assure you that we have a large and varied menu with generous portions. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to Fort Wayne. If you have a moment, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail.

Michael S