“An unexpected pleasure”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Deer Park, TX
“An unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I attended a conference at the hotel for several days in March 2013, and was put on the concierge level. What a treat! There was a great breakfast each morning and lots of snacks at the evening reception. At both breakfast and in the evening, the hotel staff in charge were very personable, friendly and welcoming. They really made it feel very much like "Home away from home", and it ended up being one of the nicest hotel stays I have had in a long time. Even the chambermaids were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I can't say enough nice about the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the concierge level
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael S, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I'm glad you found our hotel to be comfortable and welcoming during your conference. I will make sure to pass your great comments along to our staff. We hope to see you back again sometime soon!

Hotel Fort Wayne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 22, 2013

What a pleasent surprise, the room was clean and had some very eligant suttle touches, not over the top, rather just right. We had a very nice meal with large portions in a casual setting, the food was very good. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. My wife and I were suprised to find the selection for breakfast in the Concierge room. Walked away talking about
staying again if we ever venture in that area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I'm glad you enjoyed your night at our hotel - we were happy to be your host. Please do keep us in mind for the next time you visit our city.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel room was clean and comfortable. I stayed on the third floor of the Tower area of rooms and noticed that the hallways were not very clean and there were cups and glasses sitting outside of several doors including mine. I ordered soup from the on site restaurant. It came in the smallest cup I have ever seen. Two bites and it was gone. $5.00+ a cup? Not enough there even for a kids snack. I was going to order dinner as well, but feared that the portion size would be too small. The hotel was pretty empty, so I know they had enough soup on hand to give adequate portions to their customers. I will probably stay at the Hyatt Place across the street next week. Had an excellent experience there a few weeks ago and the food was great!

1 Thank Mike W
Michael S, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

We always appreciate feedback from our guests and I am concerned about your experience with our Red River restaurant. I apologize that the soup did not meet your expectations but I want to assure you that we have a large and varied menu with generous portions. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to Fort Wayne. If you have a moment, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great hotel. They really go out of their way to provide outstanding customer service. Many of the staff have been with the hotel for many years, and want to keep up its image as they go through a change of affiliation. The food in the concierge room was excellent, and the server very pleasant and helpful. We had a couple extra needs for the meeting we were having there, and they almost instantly showed up and met those needs. I'd go back for either business or pleasure. Only complaint -- their sign is small, so I drove by twice before I saw it (turn in at the Arby's).

1 Thank Tom M
Michael S, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

It is always great to hear when we have "WOW"ed with our service - I will pass along your compliments to our banquet team. We hope to see you back again the next time you visit Fort Wayne!

Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel has long been a great place to stay in Fort Wayne and I hear that people are not realizing the name has changed, but its the same great hotel. All of the staff have made us feel welcome and special. The concierge floor is a must. Tim and Jill are personable, attentive, and helpful - they're two people with a very special gift for hospitality. The rooms are clean and the restaurant food and service is also great.

Room Tip: Staff will help you choose a room to fit your needs and wishes.
1 Thank NJD2
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

Our entire team has worked hard to ensure a smooth transition to an independent hotel and it is always great when our efforts are noted and appreciated. Tim & Jill are both wonderful employees and I will make sure to pass along your comments. We hope to see you back the next time you visit Fort Wayne!

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently visted Indian and stayed 2 nights at Hotel Fort Wayne. I stayed on the 6th Floor and had access to the Concierge Lounge. This was excellent. As previous guests have written the loung had breakfast, Lunch, dinner and desserts available. The food and drinks and service of Lisa Collins were absolutely excellent - on my way to the gym she stopped me and gave me some water without my asking - brilliant.

The gym is very well equiped with the latest treadmills, steppers, weights and rowing machines - all to yourself!!

On my way home i asked about the great tasting coffee. Lisa explained about the coffee, how to make it and then gave me a packet to take home tio the UK - fantastic service :-)

Great service and a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Best rooms are situated on floors 5 & 6. Good views of Fort Wayne.
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I'm delighted that we had the opportunity to be your hosts during your time in Fort Wayne. The Concierge Lounge is one of our most popular amenities and I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Ms. Collins. We hope to see you back the next time you visit our city!

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked this hotel through Priceline and won a bid for a very reasonable price. I didn't want to spend too much as I was planning to arrive after 10:00 pm and was leaving early the next day. I was warmly greeted and directed to my room. The hotel is an older property, but very well maintained. The staff is efficient, but friendly. The rooms are reasonably sized with updated bathrooms. In room coffee, but no frig or microwave. Comfy beds and very quiet! I did not have the opportunity to check out the restaurant. Evidently, they were having a convention there as the parking lot was packed. My only complaint is that the parking lot was not plowed after several inches of snow the previous day. I would stay at this property again given the opportunity, especially for the price--it was a good value and a true 3* property.

Room Tip: Elevators are a little walk from the lobby and farther if you access the hotel from one of the side...
1 Thank Tallyho078
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I appreciate your candid and detailed review. Our team works diligently to provide an excellent experience whether you are sleeping just for a few hours overnight or staying several days. If you have an opportunity to return, we do have refrigerators available for any room upon request and a microwave is available fo guests in the gift shop.