“Marriott now Hotel Fort Wayne”

Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Noblesville, Indiana
“Marriott now Hotel Fort Wayne”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel has long been a great place to stay in Fort Wayne and I hear that people are not realizing the name has changed, but its the same great hotel. All of the staff have made us feel welcome and special. The concierge floor is a must. Tim and Jill are personable, attentive, and helpful - they're two people with a very special gift for hospitality. The rooms are clean and the restaurant food and service is also great.

Room Tip: Staff will help you choose a room to fit your needs and wishes.
1 Thank NJD2
Michael S, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

Our entire team has worked hard to ensure a smooth transition to an independent hotel and it is always great when our efforts are noted and appreciated. Tim & Jill are both wonderful employees and I will make sure to pass along your comments. We hope to see you back the next time you visit Fort Wayne!

Hotel Fort Wayne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently visted Indian and stayed 2 nights at Hotel Fort Wayne. I stayed on the 6th Floor and had access to the Concierge Lounge. This was excellent. As previous guests have written the loung had breakfast, Lunch, dinner and desserts available. The food and drinks and service of Lisa Collins were absolutely excellent - on my way to the gym she stopped me and gave me some water without my asking - brilliant.

The gym is very well equiped with the latest treadmills, steppers, weights and rowing machines - all to yourself!!

On my way home i asked about the great tasting coffee. Lisa explained about the coffee, how to make it and then gave me a packet to take home tio the UK - fantastic service :-)

Great service and a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Best rooms are situated on floors 5 & 6. Good views of Fort Wayne.
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I'm delighted that we had the opportunity to be your hosts during your time in Fort Wayne. The Concierge Lounge is one of our most popular amenities and I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Ms. Collins. We hope to see you back the next time you visit our city!

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked this hotel through Priceline and won a bid for a very reasonable price. I didn't want to spend too much as I was planning to arrive after 10:00 pm and was leaving early the next day. I was warmly greeted and directed to my room. The hotel is an older property, but very well maintained. The staff is efficient, but friendly. The rooms are reasonably sized with updated bathrooms. In room coffee, but no frig or microwave. Comfy beds and very quiet! I did not have the opportunity to check out the restaurant. Evidently, they were having a convention there as the parking lot was packed. My only complaint is that the parking lot was not plowed after several inches of snow the previous day. I would stay at this property again given the opportunity, especially for the price--it was a good value and a true 3* property.

Room Tip: Elevators are a little walk from the lobby and farther if you access the hotel from one of the side...
1 Thank Tallyho078
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I appreciate your candid and detailed review. Our team works diligently to provide an excellent experience whether you are sleeping just for a few hours overnight or staying several days. If you have an opportunity to return, we do have refrigerators available for any room upon request and a microwave is available fo guests in the gift shop.

Michael S.
Goshen, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was with a group of fellow professionals and stayed overnight. We had several business meetings over a two day period. We were all welcomed graciously by the friendly and helpful staff with the offer of help with our baggage. The rooms are a little on the small side, but it was very clean, the beds were comfortable and plenty of pillows, blankets and towels were provided. Our room and bath seemed recently refurbished. I will return in May with another larger group of professionals and look forward to the event.

1 Thank Denise G
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

It is always great to hear when we can meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We're looking forward to your conference in May!

Clinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was working in Fort Wayne at a Steel Mill. Breakfast was included at the concierge lounge and it was perfect. Starting at 6:00 AM it consisted of fresh fruit, berries, oatmeal, juices, coffee with an english muffin half, topped with Canadien bacon scrambled eggs, and Hollandaise sauce. At 5:30 PM there were h'or derves, steak shish kabobs, steak and onions, cheese and crackers, with grapes, spinach kopita, and perogies. For purchase they had a nice selection of beers. Then at 7:30 they featured desserts, always cookies, with cheese cake one night and decadent chocolate cake the next. The room was comfortable with 6 pillows on the bed, and a thermostat to control the temperature. The views were great from the sixth floor as well. The gym was well equipped with the latest treadmills. I didn't use the pool or sauna but it looked like fun. Tim Miller was a wonderful host at the concierge lounge.

Regards
Patrick Thompson

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Mr. Thompson for the feedback from your recent stay! Our Concierge Lounge is a great amenity and I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy it while you were here.

We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week and had a fantastic experience! The Concierge level is definitely worth it. Tim oversees a spread of hors d'oeuvres, beverages and desserts in the evening and Jill hosts fruit, pastries, oatmeal, a hot entree and beverages in the morning. A great location to relax for a few moments at the beginning or end of your out-of-town day. Location is convenient. Reliable sources indicate a major chain will take over this property in 2013. Stick with them in the meantime ... the folks are genuine and the service is awesome!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael S, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay!

I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy the great amenities in our concierge lounge both morning and evening. We hope to see you back the next time you visit Fort Wayne!

Au Gres, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was the 4th time I've stayed at the property, and the first time since it was no longer a Marriott. The property is well maintained, pleasant, the rooms have always been more than comfortable, but the highlight has always been the superior staff and service. Friendly, helpful, and obviously committed to guest satisfaction. I was last there the night of March 1st, front desk staff pleasant as ever, and the room was great. I've enjoyed their room service each time, as I arrive late and usually haven't had dinner. The room service menu is not overpriced like most hotels, the service is polite, and fairly quick. The order arrives with everything you'll need to enjoy the meal, and everything is freshly prepared. Hats off too to the very pleasant, polite and efficient room service staff, from the pleasant lady who took the order, and called back about 20 minutes after delivery to insure satisfaction with the order, to the pleasant young man who has delivered my order on each of my stays. Attention to detail makes a huge difference to me, and they do it well. Highly recommend the property

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad room yet, but I would recommend being in the tower versus the bilevel area
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay!

Our entire team has worked hard to make a seamless transition to an independent property. We love it when our efforts are acknowledged and appreciated! We hope to see you back again soon when you visit our city.