This hotel was a Marriott until the end of 2012, and the only place I've ever stayed in Fort Wayne. The property itself was not the greatest, but the location was perfect, and the wonderful staff always made it feel like home, so I always looked forward to returning. During my last Marriott visit in December, the staff assured me that nothing would chance when I returned in 2013.
For the most part, they were correct. My few minor issues were probably related to transition pains:
1. The hotel itself nearly impossible to find on bing/google searches. I eventually booked it through Expedia.
2. Billing peculiarities. For reasons I don't understand, I was called back to the restaurant to pay my check with my credit card, because they couldn't post the room charge to my account. However, a drink from the concierge lounge three hours earlier went through, no problem.
3. Hours at the Rum Runners bar are cut to Friday/Saturday only. This means that if you want a simple, inexpensive meal, you now have to get in your car (unless you can stomach Arby's....blecch).
Overall, a very nice stay; same as it ever was.
The fact of the matter, is that rewards points are hugely important for most frequent business travelers, and I can't imagine this hotel not taking a gut shot by losing its Marriott flag. I hope they survive this, because there is a group of first-rate professionals running this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most hotels provide a place to sleep.... we create outstanding memories... Hotel Fort Wayne is the premier site in Fort Wayne, Indiana for weddings, business meetings, seminars, youth sports, and family reunions. Our guest experience and meeting specialists will hold your hand as you plan your event so that you create meaningful get-togethers and outstanding memories. But we're more than a meetings hotel, as we are family friendly, AAA rated, and TAG approved. With convenience from Interstate 69 and less than 5 miles to downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana, the Hotel Fort Wayne specializes in Hoosier hospitality, All-American City quality and access to sports venues, major corporations and leisure activities. Whether coming to visit the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, the Memorial Coliseum or Fort Wayne's baseball team, the Tincaps, our location is ideal to wherever you point your adventure. Near Spiece Fieldhouse, Parkview SportOne Volleyball Fieldhouse, and Lutheran Health SportsCenter Ice Arena, this hotel is also close to Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne and Parkview Regional Medical Center. Major corporations close by include General Motors, Raytheon, Vera Bradley and Exelis. Free Wi-Fi and High Speed Internet Access are available throughout the property... whether it's while watching a 32" flat screen from your comfortable king or double guest room or suite, at our indoor or outdoor pool, or as you dine in our restaurant. Complimentary parking is plentiful at the Hotel Fort Wayne. Also featuring... 24-hour fitness center Fort Wayne's ONLY Concierge Lounge, available as an upgrade from standard rooms Red River Steakhouse serving seafood, steaks, ribs ,sandwiches and salads and Duesy's Sports Bar & Grille. Featuring all your favorite sports on 27 big screen TV's. Not a bad seat in the house and the best smoked wings in the city. Whirlpool and sundeck Pet friendly, select rooms only, fee applies ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Fort Wayne Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Wayne Marriott Hotel Fort Wayne
- Marriott Fort Wayne