Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our stay at this paticular Hilton room was so fantastic! The staff was extreamly courtious, one individual that will always be remembered was a sweet lady "Candice" her graciousness for making my family feel welcome, the cleanliness of the rooms, extra pillows! I can't thank her enough, let alone the rest of the quality team that served us! The stay was just wonderful, the quietness of the rooms. If anybody need a place to stay, I strongly suggest the Hilton by the Convention Center. Great 100% quality!

Room Tip: Our stay at this paticular Hilton room #310 was so fantastic! The staff was extreamly courtious, o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank zurbrick66
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, it is much appreciated! We're excited to see it was a wonderful experience for you. We will assure Candace receives the recognition she deserves for her efforts in ensuring you had a great stay. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night. Hotel is right beside convention centre but other than that centre is quite dead. standard business hotel.carpets need refreshing. breakfast buffet not great but cheap. the real standout were the staff who were all very kind and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. We take pride in the service levels we provide and are happy to see you enjoyed your interactions with the hotel staff.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Lets just keep this simple. I am not one for harping on all the bad things, I just move on and don't go back. This time I do feel an obligation to let people know that they should be aware. I spend more than 300 nights a year living in hotels. In the last seven years I have never been treated like I was treated at this hotel.
I had a two night stay with a group. On the second day housekeeping serviced the room while I was there, which was all an fine. Later that afternoon when I get back from lunch I see i have a message on my phone. So I call the front desk who then informs me of local laws about smoking in the rooms. I told the gal that I haven't smoked for over 18 years and yes the room or the surrounding area does smell like smoke but that its not mine.
I took a nap and realized the message had not been cleared so I stopped by the front desk when they told me that they where going to charge me $150 for smoking in the room, and that there was nothing that they could do until the manager came in the next morning. I explained to her that this needed to be resolved tonight, I don't have time in the morning, as my group would be departing. I finally had to get argumentative with her to get her to understand she needs to get someone who can get this fixed.
She was able to get a hold of the head housekeeper who was still in the hotel, her name is Candace. She met me in my room and realized that there was nothing in the room that shows that I was smoking. Yes it smelled like smoke, but she new and could tell that I don't smoke. She did get the situation resolved.
Here is my big issue with this. The way it was handled was completely wrong! To be accused of doing something, regardless of what it is, then just assuming you can bill the customer because you think they did it, IS SO WRONG.
If this hotel would have taken the time to look at my rewards preferences for example they would have noticed that I request NON SMOKING rooms. This is for a reason, I DON'T SMOKE!
I also ate at the Bistro for breakfast the next morning. Breakfast was good, if you can find the cook to fix you an omelet great, if not don't be surprised. I settled for the scrambled eggs and bacon and called it a morning. For $12 I would have expected more, Embassy suites need to come train this Bistro.

I got an apology from Candace, and I must say she handled the situation, very well.
To HIlton and the rest of the management team of this hotel. I have two things to say to you. First don't accuse a guest of something that you are not positive they did. Second, if a customer has an issue regardless of its nature telling them to wait till later to resolve the issue is so 1960. Third, when you make a mistake, man up and make up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Please accept our sincere apologies for the manner in which this situation was handled. There is no excuse and we take full responsibility. Please be assured we are addressing this internally immediately to assure otheres will not experience anything this unfortunate.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a very good hotel in downtown Fort Wayne close to local attractions, restaurants and shopping places.
The hotel has many facilities including Convention Centre, meeting rooms, gym, pool, restaurants and very comfortable and clean rooms.
The hotel staff are all friendly and reception staff were exceptional - very helpful, service with a smile.
Only issue I had was that there was no caffeinated coffee in my room, only decaf, what's the point of decaf coffee?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments. Of course we are pleased you enjoyed most every aspect of your stay, but we are particularly glad to see the staff stood out. We do apologize for the hick up with the in-room coffee though, there definitely should have been regular coffee there for you as well.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Terrific staff, comfy beds and great martini...who could ask for more when traveling for business? We held some business meeting here and the meals were on time and very good. Spotty internet but an overall good experience with friendly and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, we're pleased to see your stay with us was enjoyable!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The ONLY things this hotel needs are a refrigerator and a micro-wave in each and every room. And, we were HIGHLY disappointed that no jacuzzi existed in the pool area. Other-wise, this hotel was as fine as any faciliity that I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your feedback. I am happy to share with you refrigerators and microwaves will be installed in all guestrooms in the very near future. We're glad your visit otherwise was good, and appreciate you stayed with us.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

In town for our mother's funeral, not only was the hotel top quality in every category, but the staff also went the extra step to give us a sympathy card. This was totally unexpected and indicative of a well ordered, smoothly functioning team. It was also so human. Not what you normally expect from a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
mluttik, General Manager at Hilton Fort Wayne at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for providing your comments during this difficult time for you. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future under happier circumstances.