“Good location but...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Fort Wayne
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good location but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I continue to stay at this motel for overnights on my trips to Canada because it is just about the halfway point, has decent rates, and is close to the Interstate and Glenbrook Shopping Center. I have not seen much improvement to the property over the last several years. The bed linens and towels did appear to have been recently replaced. I had reserved my handicap room online through the Super 8 website. The description of the room indicated that it had a refrigerator and microwave. When I checked in, my room was on the 3rd floor, which is not overly handicap friendly, did not have a refrigerator, and the air conditioner was not cooling very well. Returned to the front desk via the slow elevator. Was told that only half the rooms had refrigerators and I have to call the hotel directly if I want to have one or have a room on the first floor. The lady at the desk did move me to a room across the hall from my first room even though it was not handicap accessible. The manager was on duty when I checked out the next morning. (I knew it was him from previous stays.) He was merely perfunctory in giving me my receipt but did not ask about my stay, thank me, or anything. Okay place for an overnight but not any longer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is not the worst motel, but there were several small things that weren't right, and I would not stay there again. There are other similarly-priced options in Fort Wayne.

The breakfast was not well-tended. Items kept running out and were not restocked quickly. Biscuits and gravy were a nice treat, but the biscuits were hard, like they'd just come of out the freezer or were stale. Someone had not emptied the granola from a cereal bin before filling it with raisin bran, so the raisin bran had chunks of granola in it.

The room was missing a clock of any sort. The towels had been laundered, but some of them had large noticable stains and I found this very offputting. They were also mismatched, which made the room seem sloppy (Note that outside of the stained and shabby linens, everything else was clean).

On the upside: Staff was courteous, the bed was comfortable, and nothing disturbed my sleep. This motel is not terrible, but I would not recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple